Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same security question issue - i never answered that question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Same security question issue - i never answered that question

swnorri
12.13.2011 , 07:07 AM | #1
What the ####? This is STILL an issue?

I am still getting the SAME question as the past couple weeks , one that I NEVER ANSWERED. Will this ever get fixed?

Ravenneyez
12.13.2011 , 07:22 AM | #2
same here when i log in my account it askes me my fav cartoon and i only put 3 security questions wich i have noted them in notepad.. most idiot security ever.

swnorri
12.13.2011 , 07:39 AM | #3
of course, CS lines are choked now. not going to get this fixed any time soon me thinks.

swnorri
12.13.2011 , 09:45 AM | #4
still no queue for CS line =(

Raan
12.13.2011 , 09:49 AM | #5
I was able to get around this by selecting the password reset option on the website. After I changed the password it would no longer prompt for the security question.

poypoyking
12.13.2011 , 09:51 AM | #6
It lets me login to the website without issues (after a password reset), but if I try to run the game launcher it asks for that same bogus security question after I enter my password.

Raan
12.13.2011 , 09:54 AM | #7
hmm sorry to hear, the email system and phone system will keep you busy for the next day or so.

I don't know if BW is setup like this but you can also try to wait 15 minutes, reset your password and try again. The Locked feature in some systems auto releases after a specific time.

swnorri
12.13.2011 , 10:05 AM | #8
On machine #1 I answered a question after they had us add them and i can log in to the Launcher. I cant log into the website though without a prompt for a question I didnt ask. If I try, I then cant log into the Launcher without being prompted for the same question i didnt ask. To get around that, i can reset the password and get into the launcher without the question.

On machine #2, one that i never answered a question for, i can log into the website but not the launcher. Also, I cant modify my questions as it asks the same one over and over, again, one that i didnt ask.

I feel that something got hosed when I logged into my second machine, which then added a new IP address to my record, which then needed a security question asked. something is not lined up now.

It seems that adding a new IP to the record ties to an empty security question list versus the account question list that was set up and then defaults to one random question due to an empty list. This would seem to cover the issues I am having.

Before i logged into the second machine, the first worked without fail every time.

meh... its pre launch and the first days of most new games are screwed up. I should be used to this by now after gaming for 13 years.

ASperry
12.13.2011 , 10:06 AM | #9
Your call is important to us and weill be answered as soon as an agent becomes available. Im to this part and have been for 45 minutes.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor.

Pre NGE/CU Jedi.

Ravenneyez
12.13.2011 , 10:08 AM | #10
Yea they're CS is one of the worst ever.