Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lock servers

mrcos
12.21.2011 , 05:05 AM | #1
Why not lock the servers when they becomes full? queue for 20min to 1h isnt alright, getting pissed all the time...... But sure new memebers to the game can still make characters there! WHY?

Andren
12.21.2011 , 05:09 AM | #2
Well, maybe. Just maybe, because we want to? I'd prefer to wait sodding thirty minutes or hour to play with my friends/guild, instead of sob and be alone in another server.

yllesius
12.21.2011 , 05:20 AM | #3
I second that. This is a serious problem and BioWare needs to do something about that!

ONE BIG NEGATIVE
That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die.

Blood'supply, Jedi Sage

harquij
12.21.2011 , 05:20 AM | #4
I dont believe that locking the servers would be a good idea, though they should either increase server capacity or open free migrations. i am on bloodworthy and the queues are just insane today i couldn't come early in the morning and at 11:00 am (gmt) i am getting a queue of 900 ppl and im prob gonna wait 2 hours or something.

mrcos
12.21.2011 , 05:21 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Andren View Post
Well, maybe. Just maybe, because we want to? I'd prefer to wait sodding thirty minutes or hour to play with my friends/guild, instead of sob and be alone in another server.
Im not even responding to this..... think man think!

Illidra
12.21.2011 , 05:22 AM | #6
20 minutes? i haven't played since day2 of pre access because i refuse to sit in a queue for 6+ hours.

deHannibal
12.21.2011 , 05:28 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by mrcos View Post
Im not even responding to this..... think man think!
... Maybe you should think man...?

mrcos
12.21.2011 , 05:29 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by harquij View Post
I dont believe that locking the servers would be a good idea, though they should either increase server capacity or open free migrations. i am on bloodworthy and the queues are just insane today i couldn't come early in the morning and at 11:00 am (gmt) i am getting a queue of 900 ppl and im prob gonna wait 2 hours or something.
Yes Bloodworthy is one of the worse server to get into, im in Ahto city and im currently no300 i queue, soooo stupid

yllesius
12.21.2011 , 05:33 AM | #9
No, seriously. The problem is..

They allowed plenty of peeps to play before the official launch - good.

They stuffed them all into few servers - not good.

They allow even more ppl to come into already full servers - sad, very sad!

So those, who were allowed to play early are basically not allowed to play now.. Not everyone can afford to wait 1+ hour to get into the game..

Seriously, think ppl, especially those, who think it is not a problem.
That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die.

Blood'supply, Jedi Sage

NJMorf
12.21.2011 , 05:46 AM | #10
Queueing is always a problem when a game launches. The number of servers available has increased a fair bit since the first day of early access, but obviously the older servers have got the larger populations. BW have stated already that they'll raise the population caps as they go along, so all it needs is a little patience.

Locking the servers is a bad idea for the same reasons as have been stated above: you'll be preventing people from being able to play with their friends or, in some cases, join the same guild. Once the initial rush has calmed down, things will improve and most of the people who are complaining the loudest will probably forget to thank BW for working on the issue.