Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware: PvP content you can get done for 2.2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware: PvP content you can get done for 2.2

Icebergy
05.24.2013 , 12:24 PM | #1
Take Alderaan Civil War.

-Reskin it with Balmorran landscape and themes.
-Change up the compound in the middle slightly, rotate the walls and ramps around a little.
-Add in some of the corrosive slime pits found on Balmorra as huttball type traps.
-Name it "Balmorran Civil War".

Its easy, it makes sense lorewise, and it will be SOMETHING new for PvP content.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Icebergy
05.24.2013 , 12:28 PM | #2
It took me less than 5 mins to come up with that. Bioware, you can do better. It is your job to do better, and you have had a lot longer than 5 mins.

If you can't do better, I'll gladly email you my resume
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Pearlie
05.24.2013 , 12:33 PM | #3
Give us CTF.

Capture the huttball. A throwable flag!

King of the hill type stuff.

New huttball maps (that CANNOT be that hard).

Off the top of my head in 3 seconds.

Dawginole
05.24.2013 , 12:38 PM | #4
I've been saying this for a year.

Every new WZ does NOT need to be a new game type. From the very beginning the should have designed WZ maps like Call of Duty. The game type could be reskinned with a new map. Then all they had to do was throw a new skin on Huttball, a new skin on Voidstar, etc.

WZs should have 10-15 maps by now at close to 2 years in.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

Talsalus
05.24.2013 , 12:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
I've been saying this for a year.

Every new WZ does NOT need to be a new game type. From the very beginning the should have designed WZ maps like Call of Duty. The game type could be reskinned with a new map. Then all they had to do was throw a new skin on Huttball, a new skin on Voidstar, etc.

WZs should have 10-15 maps by now at close to 2 years in.
lol WoW doesnt even have that many BG maps after almost 10 years.

petesalzl
05.24.2013 , 01:01 PM | #6
Yes please on capture the flag and king of the hill.
CTF just like hutball but each side has their own flag.
KotH just like civil war or novare coast but with a single node to capture.

And just like others were saying, slightly different maps for the same game modes already in play.

ipwnnoobsftw
05.24.2013 , 01:05 PM | #7
We need a pvp match that has pve proprieties in it like the one from WoW but different... and not WOW

It can be on Corellia and
the Sith lord could be the Darth from the BH story
the Jedi could be any council member

ipwnnoobsftw
05.24.2013 , 01:08 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Take Alderaan Civil War.

-Reskin it with Balmorran landscape and themes.
-Change up the compound in the middle slightly, rotate the walls and ramps around a little.
-Add in some of the corrosive slime pits found on Balmorra as huttball type traps.
-Name it "Balmorran Civil War".

Its easy, it makes sense lorewise, and it will be SOMETHING new for PvP content.
better name Battle of balmorra

Talsalus
05.24.2013 , 01:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by ipwnnoobsftw View Post
better name Battle of balmorra
Better name: Defend the damned nodes after you capture them guyz!!

Crixa
05.24.2013 , 01:17 PM | #10
Just 1 new map would improve my outlook for this game this summer.

Looking further down the road, my priorities are as follows:

1. Matchmaking system
2. Cross-server queue

Regarding the matchmaking system, you guys were working on this about 8 months ago when rateds first went live. You even had one on the test server but then decided to pull the system when you launched the patch. Have you guys just thrown in the towel? It doesn't need to be perfect. Any system would be better than the system we currently have - which is none at all.