Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ebado
05.24.2013 , 10:46 AM | #21
So 1.3 was ranked warzones and 1.6 was Ancient Hypergates. That was the longest in between PvP features, a little over 5 months.

PvP content is slated for post-August 6. So that means just 8 months after Hypergates before we can start thinking about PvP content. At least 8 months in between PvP patches.
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

Chrisarn
05.24.2013 , 10:46 AM | #22
I am PvPer, NOTHING new for 3-4 months... Dident get **** at release.... You dont give us any content and still wish us to keep playing/paying? BS BioWare... You just lost ALOT of PvPers...
May the Force be with you.

ninjonxb
05.24.2013 , 10:46 AM | #23
I am somewhat disappointed.
But I will wait to see what exactly we will see. The fact that we will be getting NiM TfB and S&V is nice and I am hopeful that the new mechanics are actually really cool and not just rehashed.

Glad to see a confirmation of more flashpoints. While I don't primarily PvP I understand those frustrated.

Alduinsm
05.24.2013 , 10:47 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Why does it sound so... Hopeful?
Now that you mention it, need a developer give more detail about this 'Scrolling UVs' .
Shin

Capt_Beers
05.24.2013 , 10:47 AM | #25
Wow. 9 months in between PvP content? Just incredible. I really like this game but it seems like you tards at BW are doing everything you can to get me to stop playing.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

teclado
05.24.2013 , 10:47 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands
First, thank you for the update! I appreciate it very much!

Second, I personally love double XP weekends! However, I do know that there are a fair number of people who would prefer to be able to disable the double XP as they would rather proceed with their leveling at the normal pace. I think that having a "double XP toggle switch" would go a long way to appease these people (double XP enabled by default).

Third, while I am a little disappointed that pvp stuff is pushed out to 2.4, I do love the idea of the stunbreak cooldown being reset on death in 2.2. Anything to help mitigate stuns is a great idea, IMO.

Fourth, on the topic of pvp, I do believe there are a fair number of people that consider pvp to be the game and not the sideshow, myself included. Truth be told, I would not still be a subscriber right now were it not for the pvp - I got bored of the PVE grind a long time ago. I think that you guys have a very fun pvp game that has a lot of potential. I am excited to hear about what is in store for 2.4!
Malovo, Malivar, Malivo, Malivó, Malovoa
Teclado, Teklado, Teclada, Téclado, Tecladö

~Harbinger~

Aiden_Lalocyd
05.24.2013 , 10:48 AM | #27
Wow 2.4 seriously? seeing how major content updates are every 8 weeks....pvp gets nothing until October? what a joke. Seriously disapointed BW
Aydan - 55 Guardian
Liono - 55 Shadow
Carrick - 55 Gunslinger (Valgten Legacy) POT5 - FIRESTORM
Jayna - 55 Sage

Mark-JPS
05.24.2013 , 10:48 AM | #28

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:
  • Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
  • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
  • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
  • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.
Lol.. really? the promised 'big' 2.2 update is just the ones above? So we have to endure four months in total for a 'real and refreshed' content? Sad... I was hyping this big 2.2 update that you guys said will be content-packed.

Very disappointed. we have to pay four more months worth of subscription to get a real and refreshing content plus two more months for PvP? No thanks, I guess I'll have to cancel sub and re-sub whenever I see a 'real content'. Please don't hype your game updates next time. k thnx

tanerb
05.24.2013 , 10:49 AM | #29
Would be good to get some update on the story side but better than nothing I guess

Altheran
05.24.2013 , 10:49 AM | #30
August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:
  • Significant graphical upgrades
Would it be... that the lighsabers would not have a lighter inner layer around the core anymore, and that green ones would not be lime anymore ?