Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Summer of SWTOR

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis
05.24.2013 , 11:19 AM | #101
Yes. That is drenched in just a bit of awesomesauce

Like the extra 10% perk, great to encourage guild membership (5% just wasn't appealing enough IMO), love to hear about the unified chat on fleet...now if we can just temper the fleet trolling a bit

The rotating UVs....interesting. Letting my mind go wild on what this might be....

iamthehoyden
05.24.2013 , 11:21 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
While I've always viewed that as what they were doing -- if this is seriously the only stuff they have on the roadmap, there is a huge problem.

As a well known "white knight" -- I will probably move on from the game unless 2.2 brings much more than what they are announcing. . .

The skeleton crew they have isn't working anymore. If they don't care enough to hire more people to have a team that can put out a reasonable amount of content, I don't care enough to try to defend them, or continue playing.
I tend to wait to see what they're going to do and then praise or criticize as needed, unless something's really off. Based on what we've seen from them in the past, this probably isn't the *only* stuff on the list. Probably. The lack of new pvp content is definitely a gaping hole here. I'm hoping they address this sooner than fall.

I do, however, like their policy of being open about their target dates and then letting us know if they won't be able to hit them for whatever reason. That's a massive improvement over what had been going on in the past.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

ebado
05.24.2013 , 11:22 AM | #103
Bolster was broken for five weeks post 2.0.

It will be at least 8 months in between PvP patches.

Eric, is this the intent?
kolto and corrosives
window legacy - the bastion

MSchuyler
05.24.2013 , 11:23 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by astrobearx View Post
you mean if pvp subs quit? remember, this game is now f2p. you and other ppl will mostly be replaced by new optimised players who havent been jaded yet. and when the day they get too get jade like everyone else, they will be replaced by the new subs..
As it should be. People who think SWTOR will sustain them for the rest of their lives need to rethink their position. People need to just move on and take their dissatisfaction to the next game in line where I guarantee they will rinse and repeat their attitudes. And I don't think double XP helps matters, really. You get double XP for playing at the right TIME, so sure you level up faster without the real experience, get done faster, and leave sooner.

Pearlie
05.24.2013 , 11:23 AM | #105
TL;DR version:

Hey, PVPers! This summer all we're going to do for you is further incetivize /stucking! Yay!

DarthBama
05.24.2013 , 11:26 AM | #106
The July EA earnings conference call is going to be entertaining. I'm going to start making popcorn now.

Kilora
05.24.2013 , 11:27 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
I tend to wait to see what they're going to do and then praise or criticize as needed, unless something's really off. Based on what we've seen from them in the past, this probably isn't the *only* stuff on the list. Probably. The lack of new pvp content is definitely a gaping hole here. I'm hoping they address this sooner than fall.

I do, however, like their policy of being open about their target dates and then letting us know if they won't be able to hit them for whatever reason. That's a massive improvement over what had been going on in the past.
Which is the exact reason for my qualifier in my post.

IF this is all that is added -- or, the majority of what will be added -- in 2.2, they deserve all of the criticism they will get.

Vassise
05.24.2013 , 11:27 AM | #108
Disappointing.

Dedrayge
05.24.2013 , 11:27 AM | #109
And 2.2 is very disappointing.

2.3 could be interesting.

2.4 is way too far off. Come on, it makes far more sense to release more PvP content during the summer when a lot more people have free time to enjoy it. I really don't want to wait until October to see added PvP content. I, like most, have already been waiting a long time for changes and even a new WZ. This is just ridiculous.

By the way, I have a revolutionary idea myself; Release PvP content at the same time as PvE content. I see no reason why they have to be in separate updates. This way we don't all end up feeling as if we're in an extended dry period. Right now it's actually 16 weeks for new PvE content and 16 weeks for new PvP content when it could actually be 8 weeks for both. Four months for new content seems far too long to me. I'm also willing to be that everyone will be happier for it.
No plans for PvP...So, I have no plans to invest anymore money into this game.

Waiting for Wildstar

Alec_Fortescue
05.24.2013 , 11:28 AM | #110
Any idea what Scrolling UVs could be?!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.