Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Changing Crew Skills - Keeping Skill levels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Changing Crew Skills - Keeping Skill levels

Coveii
05.24.2013 , 08:09 AM | #1
I don't remember which update bioware mentions being able to switch crewskill while keeping levels in "memory". My question is did this take effect? I only ask because just like other cybertech(and synth I think) we can't reverse-engineer some of our creations...specifically droid parts have a "armor mech" requirement.

I'm currently attempt to crew skill level up my alt with armormect to reverse-engineer sent droid parts..but I thought I'd just throw this out the and see what people have found?

jvoodoochild
05.24.2013 , 08:59 AM | #2
To my knowledge this has never been the case. Since 2.1 I have started a new toon, worked scavenging for a bit, dropped it, but relized i still wanted it. when i picked it up again it was at skill 1.

On that same character I picked up synthweaving and learned a boot schematic from the trainer. i then decided to level synth in a certain way, which didnt require boots, so i droped it. When I picked it up again, I was skill 1 and did not have the boot in my recipes list.

-Joel

Sharee
05.24.2013 , 12:12 PM | #3
I doubt they will ever implement such a thing as it would essentially allow one character to have all crafting skills.

On the other hand, maybe with a very long cooldown...

jolleebindu
05.24.2013 , 11:24 PM | #4
i don't really see a problem with them allowing this, your impact will still be limited by the number of companions you are able to send out - unless you are just farming mats from nodes (so it doesn't work on gathering skills then)

as for a cd on the ability - i would suggest ~ 1 week.

and overall i think it would be a nice convenience without having to great of an impact on the players (beyond making the market a bit harder to corner on the long term - which, is this really such a bad thing?)
JolleeBindu
<|====|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

DaveTJ
05.25.2013 , 04:10 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Coveii View Post
I'm currently attempt to crew skill level up my alt with armormect to reverse-engineer sent droid parts..but I thought I'd just throw this out the and see what people have found?
Save your effort. They can't RE droid parts either.

ForsakenKing
05.26.2013 , 11:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Coveii View Post
I don't remember which update bioware mentions being able to switch crewskill while keeping levels in "memory". My question is did this take effect? I only ask because just like other cybertech(and synth I think) we can't reverse-engineer some of our creations...specifically droid parts have a "armor mech" requirement.

you are thinking of GW2