Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Installing Main Assets 1 (18%)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Installing Main Assets 1 (18%)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tethyr
05.23.2013 , 09:00 PM | #1
Started downloading the game, and its stuck on Installing Main Assets 1 (18%), little help please!!!

Beruthien
05.23.2013 , 09:17 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Tethyr,

Please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, then download the latest Launcher setup file, run it over the current installation and then try the patching process again.

Also if you use SWTOR Unleashed be sure to set it to "retail" as it can interfere with patching.

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

Thank you!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Tethyr
05.23.2013 , 11:35 PM | #3
so your telling me, you want me to run a third program to get this download going?? Why would do I have to go through this loop just to get a game installed? Is it really thru what my friends saying about Bio-ware about SwTor you guys are brokened? What I dont understand is , My computer is new, had NP downloading World of Warcraft, Neverwinter Online, and Rift in the last 4 days, but I have problem trying to installed Star Wars the Old Republic. What I'm missing here for this game not to be installed? I'm no computer nerd to learn all this loop just to installed a game..and I just freaking subscribe today, so I can even ask the damn forum for help!!

Then apalogized for jumping gun...been frustrated all night trying to freaking installed/repair/installed its almost 5hrs i've been trying to installed this game. I went to the swtor folder, i dont see this retail patch your talking about..please little help.

OwenBrooks
05.23.2013 , 11:38 PM | #4
no he is saying if you use that program (swtor unleashed) what to set it too as it interferes with the patching.

other then that he asked you to run the game setup program over the existing install.

you can also try deleting a file called retailclient_swtor.version and see if that helps with the sticking patch

OwenBrooks
05.23.2013 , 11:44 PM | #5
The retailclient_swtor.version file should be located

\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic

Tethyr
05.24.2013 , 07:29 AM | #6
the closes remote that match that file is Assets_swtor_main.version, not seeing this swtor retail your talking about Mr. Owenbrooks.... I dont know Owenbrooks, I subscribe yesterday afternoon and been trying to download this game since then...I wanted to try this game out, but it seems i'm going back to WoW or Rift. I'm no computer expert, I just buy game, installed and play, this is giving me headache and frustrating for me to waste a subscription. I dont know..little help Mr. Owenbrooks.

OwenBrooks
05.24.2013 , 07:35 AM | #7
Go back into the game folders and delete any patch folders

you have run the setup from www.swtor.com/download over the top of the current install ?

Are you normally narky with people that try and help you ? I can appreciate its frustrating when something isn't working

Tethyr
05.24.2013 , 07:42 AM | #8
Yah Narky (, sorry for being Narky. Ill try to do that after i come back from my football practice. But ty for trying to help me sir. no sir I have not done that yet, I log in my account, then access the download from there. Ill try that once I come back from my football practice, right now the game is downloading at Main Assets 117. update. K well it finished the downloading the Main Assets 117, then it went into Repairing patch, right now the patch is repairing 25 file(s) so ill get back on you in couple of hours I guest.

OwenBrooks
05.24.2013 , 07:50 AM | #9
If that doesn't happen to help, have a read of the last post in this thread was a similar problem just in case,
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=136366&page=4

unfortunately due to time zones its midnight for me wont be back for a bit.

Also make sure any AV and Firewall has exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe just in case it is blocking the install.

Edit - sorry to hear, some causes are difficult to find, sometimes it is less stressful to download the game on another computer and copy the folders over to the other computer ( no idea if that is an option for you )