Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Advanced Artifice

noahda
05.23.2013 , 05:48 PM | #1
I feel like this is the world's dumbest question, but I fail at patching together the right search string to find an answer.

Is Advanced Artifice limited to a specific character level? I have level 400 artifice with a level 44 character. I can't purchase advanced artifice from the skill trainer - I click on it, but nothing happens. I can buy the "requires level 400" schematics, but even though they come up in my dash as green and orange, they don't level me up. Am I doing something wrong, or am I just doing it too early?

Thanks!

-noahda

WooliestWorm
05.23.2013 , 06:07 PM | #2
Only thing that comes to mind is do you have the Expansion? If not you won't be able to buy the advanced crew skills

noahda
05.23.2013 , 09:55 PM | #3
Went ahead and bought the expansion, still can't level up above 400. I guess I'll hold off on artifice until I've hit 50 and see if that helps.. Thanks!

Harsisus
05.24.2013 , 04:08 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by noahda View Post
Went ahead and bought the expansion, still can't level up above 400. I guess I'll hold off on artifice until I've hit 50 and see if that helps.. Thanks!
Content that is 50 or higher and you're golden, (Makeb, 55 FPs etc...). You'll have an easy time levelling it above 400 in these areas.

GoldenHornet
05.24.2013 , 06:34 AM | #5
Unless Artifice specifically is broken, it doesn't require you to be level 50 to train it.

My level 38 shadow tank is 450 in Biochem/BioAnalysis/Diplomacy and I have many sub-50 alts with advanced gathering skills at 450.

Dallayna
05.24.2013 , 10:45 AM | #6
This one took me a few days to work it out as well.

Once you get to 400 you have to go to the trainer and train for Advanced (whatever) for about 10,000 creds for all of your Crew Skills (Yeah. All three). So, it sounds to me like you didn't go back to those trainers and do that. It's an annoyance but, at least it's a minor one all told. They still should have put something in somewhere to let you know that though imho.

Hope that helps

Mozivicus
05.25.2013 , 11:57 AM | #7
So we're you able to spend the 10,000 on advanced artifice training from the crew skills vendor?

If you were, then go to your crafting screen for artifice, sort your schematics by difficulty. Craft anything that is orange , yellow, or green.

Iirc, at 400 you will have some greens to craft. Craft 10 of those schematics, and that will get you to 410 artifice.

Go back to the trainer and buy a 410 level schematic. Craft 5 or so of those, and that should get you to 420 artifice. Go back to trainer, get 420 schematics. Rinse and repeat.

I remember it getting tricky around there though. I think the only think that you can craft around there and have it level your artifice up are generators, and those are a bit expansive mats-wise.

Good luck!!!

noahda
05.26.2013 , 11:49 AM | #8
Turns out Dallayna was right - I foolishly didn't realize the three skills were completely codependent. Even though Artifice was at 400, my Arch & Treasure were only around 300. So I invested several days' time (and pretty much all of my money) sending my companions out nonstop. Once those hit 400, I was able to buy Advanced for all of them. Now I'm back to happily building. Man, I need cheaper hobbies.

Thanks, everyone

Mozivicus
05.26.2013 , 06:10 PM | #9
That's interesting. My marauder is level 13 with 400 synthweaving, 10 archaeology and 439 treasure hunting. I wonder why yours came out like that.