Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

can we tune down LI, or take it off the random daily list please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
can we tune down LI, or take it off the random daily list please

Qvasar
05.24.2013 , 07:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by jumay View Post
I love the L2P crowd jumping in and playing their recorded message. The problem with LI will not change because bads are bads. You can't make a person with willpower on his JK watch a video. You can't make the Commando with the rifle know better.
But I can put them all on my (very extensive) ignore list. Point is: Stop destroying the game by making it laughably easy so that clueless people can feel awesome and heroic. Stop rewarding mediocrity.

Darthflowmotion
05.24.2013 , 07:38 AM | #22
what is LI.

AlrikFassbauer
05.24.2013 , 07:48 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Oy vei.

I challenge you to find a group of 7 other people that can't run HM LI because it's "too hard" and bring them into SM S/V while you heal them.

Go ahead. I'll wait.
No.

Join him.

Rolzhard
05.24.2013 , 07:56 AM | #24
OMG. What level 55 runs 50 Hardmodes or LI for the challenge? You run it for comms. OP has a point. PUG-ing this is a pain.Especially if you end up groupiing with newly minted 50's. I take one look at the healer (as a tank) and if they're undergeared I bail. And do them a favour. Really, it's way better to re-queue. Getting stuck halfway with this waiting for replacements is too much of a pain. Only so much time - Ops waiting^^

OP has a point.
Look into my eyes.

Ansalem
05.24.2013 , 08:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolzhard View Post
OMG. What level 55 runs 50 Hardmodes or LI for the challenge? You run it for comms. OP has a point. PUG-ing this is a pain.Especially if you end up groupiing with newly minted 50's. I take one look at the healer (as a tank) and if they're undergeared I bail. And do them a favour. Really, it's way better to re-queue. Getting stuck halfway with this waiting for replacements is too much of a pain. Only so much time - Ops waiting^^

OP has a point.
you run it for the achievements since you have to clear it multiple times including bonus boss. LI is a cakewalk even with fresh lvl 50s though a fresh lvl 50 should stick to SM first to gear like a normal intelligent person would do. The only reason for failure of LI is stupidity at this point. Don't be stupid l2play

Ansalem
05.24.2013 , 08:24 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by jumay View Post
I love the L2P crowd jumping in and playing their recorded message. The problem with LI will not change because bads are bads. You can't make a person with willpower on his JK watch a video. You can't make the Commando with the rifle know better. Anyone can Que for a flashpoint, overpowered raider or clueless bad. Your group will determine your success and repair bill. Then add the fact that the gear is barely worth the trouble. I wouldn't run LI without T least 2 guildies with me. Repair bills just aren't worth it.
You can counter the bad by votekicking until you find someone that isnt bad

Ottoattack
05.24.2013 , 10:23 AM | #27
Its not that its difficult. The fact that its sitting on the same difficulty level as essles and black talon is kind of lame. Why would you want to run HM LI versus black talon or boarding party for the same rewards and daily.

CaulderBenson
05.24.2013 , 11:12 AM | #28
It does not need to be nerfed again. I like it when there is at least one FP that is not forgiving to bad players.

LI was exceptionally easy in a good group, and by good, someone who could do a rotation and be bothered to watch a youtube movie on the boss fights.

I ran LI yesterday on my sorc healer for the first time since Pre 2.0. I was sad to see the nerfs, but it is certainly more forgiving to mistakes now.

I am 55, the tank was 55, one of the dps was 55, and the last dps was 53.

We got through that entire FP before we wiped on Lorrick.

My healer is pretty decently geared (black market, dread guard, black hole). The group I was with severely lacked in skill.

Not a single person interrupted incinerate on the robot boss. I targeted the boss, interrupted it, then went back to healing.

No CC's used on the trash, lots of damage going out to the dps and tanks. There were some close wipes.

The medic were not cc'd, and we had no issues. It seems they were nerfed hard.

On Dr. Lorrick we finally wiped when the tank literally just stood in the green goo, and shot up to 11 stacks before I could even cleanse him.

The tank could not position the boss so his bombs avoided the raid. It was so sad.

And the dps was awful. We made it to the FIFTH kolto tank. This is with one 55 and one 53 dps.

You can't nerf a FP or OP enough to make it easy enough for players this bad.

And yet we still go through it, solely due to my healing; and that was not because I'm that good, it was because I've run LI HM many times, I know the tactics, the pulls, what to cleanse, etc.

You can still carry horrible players through LI.

CaulderBenson
05.24.2013 , 11:14 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Its not that its difficult. The fact that its sitting on the same difficulty level as essles and black talon is kind of lame. Why would you want to run HM LI versus black talon or boarding party for the same rewards and daily.
Because in a semi-competent group LI is much faster than Black Talon and Boarding Party. LI can be done in 20-25 minutes. There are no cutscenes and very little trash.

I've pugged LI enough even with random GF pre 2.0 and gotten groups good enough to run it without much difficulty to make it quicker and preferable to Black Talon and BP.

That's my experience though.

paowee
05.24.2013 , 11:56 AM | #30
how is hm li hard? i breeze through it as a tank.. u just gotta know the mechanics guys..
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records