Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

can we tune down LI, or take it off the random daily list please

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
can we tune down LI, or take it off the random daily list please

Feztonio
05.23.2013 , 12:56 PM | #1
in vanilla nobody really did this one as it was really hard and the rewards weren't worth the hastle. now it's languishing in the /LFG daily and it comes up way too regularly - at least for me - but nobody still knows how to do any of the fights and it's just a wipe fest and rage quits galore.

i'll beat the trolls to the punch. yes i'm sure you're epeen is mighty and your guild clears LI four thousand times a day at level 4 in all starter zone greys.. good for you. pat yourself on the back and go hug your mom.

for the rest of us.. and i know there's alot of folks who don't like LI and haven't done it as i stated before; there's a ton of rage quits and wiping on all the bosses. it's probably the more frequent when i get a que pop for an in-progress FP, and the 2nd robot boss and the boss jumping on the pipes (4th?) are the biggest offenders. the funny part is the final boss is easy so that it's probably the easiest fight of the FP is further a joke how out of whack it is difficulty wise.

the gear stll sucks btw - before this most recent pug / lfg fell apart, we got two level 50 blue pieces that weren't even balanced stat-wise (one was a melee tank piece with defense and alacrity for F's sakes). either make the gear worth the effort, or make the effort worth the gear.
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

dark-jehts
05.23.2013 , 01:12 PM | #2
Man you realize that it was far from impossible pre-nerf?
yeah you had to know tactics and have some betters gears than tionese, outrageous ikr but if it got nerfed again , it would be called story mode ...
LS Bounty hunter and always willing to help a brother !

K'oyacyi vod ! Pirunir sur'haaise !
The Mando'ad legacy , TOFN

iimagiicii
05.23.2013 , 01:14 PM | #3
It's already been nerfed like 3 times and YES and it was ez for guilds before any nerfs.
Jedi CovenantI Am Crysta!
"He's a good healer" - Yolo "Could do better" - Bora
"Makes me heal" - Murda "Rage quits like no other" - Everyone
All operations done pre 4.0 cause I'm cool like that.
Twitch Stream

Feztonio
05.23.2013 , 01:26 PM | #4
again you really have to know every fight and all the mechanics and there isn't much wiggle room. knowing the fights is absolutely mandatory to complete it. the majority of players don't know the fights. so either the majority of the player base needs to L2P - would be nice but good luck enforcing that - or make it easier or take it off the daily. repair bills, wipes, frustration and rage quits aren't worth some terribad loot drops and a few basic comms

Scum and Villany SM and toborro's courtyard SM are both easier than LI - i make this statement as I can heal and keep the whole raid up fine for both of those, yet there's no way to keep 3 pugs up in LI if they don't stand in exactly the right place, move perfectly every time, and follow the strat exactly.

8 and 16 man raid operations shouldn't be easier than one lvl 50 FP; and the raid operations at least have the decency to offer progression into HM's and give lvl 69 gear drops along with elite comms. LI doesn't offer anything but time wasted
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

uniz
05.23.2013 , 01:34 PM | #5
it is one of the few instances (perhaps the only one) where

none of the bosses have any exploits in order to defeat them

you need to know how to spec and play your class

fights are mechanic heavy where being over geared alone doesnt guarantee success.

there have been several threads about this zone and its apparent difficulty. no need to beat that horse any more. it has been nerfed already and is a level 50 zone which end game players now will not go back to.

rsuhandy
05.23.2013 , 01:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
again you really have to know every fight and all the mechanics and there isn't much wiggle room. knowing the fights is absolutely mandatory to complete it. the majority of players don't know the fights. so either the majority of the player base needs to L2P - would be nice but good luck enforcing that - or make it easier or take it off the daily. repair bills, wipes, frustration and rage quits aren't worth some terribad loot drops and a few basic comms

Scum and Villany SM and toborro's courtyard SM are both easier than LI - i make this statement as I can heal and keep the whole raid up fine for both of those, yet there's no way to keep 3 pugs up in LI if they don't stand in exactly the right place, move perfectly every time, and follow the strat exactly.

8 and 16 man raid operations shouldn't be easier than one lvl 50 FP.
Try healing through Thrasher's roar when the off tank decides he doesn't feel like taunting or a dps that brings the fire bug in the whole group. Also try healing through the howling sandstorm when no one activates the shield generator or picks up a personal shield from the vender. Try healing a whole raid group that doesn't want to hide behind a rock during launch on TItan 6. S&V SM is not easier than LI. You're probably just playing with better players on your Operation runs than a random PUG in GF. GF PUG are usually much worse than people that are trying to PUG a raid. A

abokado
05.23.2013 , 01:38 PM | #7
Call the MMO police, people actually need to know the fights to complete them!
Seriously. LI HAS already been nerfed before it was put into the daily fp. Not every fp can be like BT where you walk around absolutely bored until it's time to get off again.

Unconquered
05.23.2013 , 01:46 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
in vanilla nobody really did this one as it was really hard and the rewards weren't worth the hastle. now it's languishing in the /LFG daily and it comes up way too regularly - at least for me - but nobody still knows how to do any of the fights and it's just a wipe fest and rage quits galore.

i'll beat the trolls to the punch. yes i'm sure you're epeen is mighty and your guild clears LI four thousand times a day at level 4 in all starter zone greys.. good for you. pat yourself on the back and go hug your mom.

for the rest of us.. and i know there's alot of folks who don't like LI and haven't done it as i stated before; there's a ton of rage quits and wiping on all the bosses. it's probably the more frequent when i get a que pop for an in-progress FP, and the 2nd robot boss and the boss jumping on the pipes (4th?) are the biggest offenders. the funny part is the final boss is easy so that it's probably the easiest fight of the FP is further a joke how out of whack it is difficulty wise.

the gear stll sucks btw - before this most recent pug / lfg fell apart, we got two level 50 blue pieces that weren't even balanced stat-wise (one was a melee tank piece with defense and alacrity for F's sakes). either make the gear worth the effort, or make the effort worth the gear.
If you're lazy enough to not figure out, learn, watch a youtube video or worst yet.. ask.... about how to defeat a specific mob/pull/boss....
Solution: Uninstall

Thundergulch
05.23.2013 , 01:47 PM | #9
We need a daily award for dumbest thread topic.

Krewel
05.23.2013 , 01:48 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
Call the MMO police, people actually need to know the fights to complete them!
Seriously. LI HAS already been nerfed before it was put into the daily fp. Not every fp can be like BT where you walk around absolutely bored until it's time to get off again.
This. Don't even need to say anything else.
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel