Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game still cannot launch

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pangheiyeung
05.23.2013 , 10:11 AM | #1
The game is able to launch in safe mode with network, and I tried to disable the antivirus, but the game is still not responding, showing nothing, not even any pop-up screens

Beesodd
05.23.2013 , 10:17 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again Pangheiyeung,

Can you make any progress launching the game with a Clean Boot?

So we're on the same page, when you start the launcher in normal mode does it even appear? Or can you click Play, and if you can does the screen briefly flash?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Pangheiyeung
05.23.2013 , 11:18 AM | #3
whats mean by a clean boot? And I don't even see anything to click after i press the launcher

Bronholz
05.23.2013 , 11:22 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Sorry for the confusion, you can find the details of how to perform a Clean boot by clicking here.

Please try this to see if the launcher will open.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Pangheiyeung
05.23.2013 , 10:51 PM | #5
Sorry, the launcher is not working in a clean boot also

OwenBrooks
05.23.2013 , 10:56 PM | #6
I gather you reset Norton 360 to defaults and added exceptions for launcher.exe and swtor.exe to the exception list ?

if you have as a further test create a new windows user account and see if it launches there.

1. Click the Start button Picture of the Start button, click Control Panel, click User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.
2. Click Manage another account. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3. Click Create a new account.
4. Type the name you want to give the user account, click an account type (eg Administrator), and then click Create Account.

Pangheiyeung
05.24.2013 , 02:06 AM | #7
I have tried it and it doesn't help

OwenBrooks
05.24.2013 , 02:26 AM | #8
If it works in safe mode and not in a clean boot can you tell me if Norton is still running on the clean boot ?

Pangheiyeung
05.24.2013 , 02:45 AM | #9
nope, it is not working in safe mode

OwenBrooks
05.24.2013 , 02:49 AM | #10
wasn't the launcher appearing yesterday from the above first post in this thread , you cant play the game in safe mode though.
typo on first post ?
so launcher doesn't appear in safe mode or on clean boot ?

are all your windows updates done including .net framework ?