Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Terrible Game Performance After Patch 2.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Terrible Game Performance After Patch 2.1

myrddinmelana
05.23.2013 , 09:49 AM | #1
I think I speak for a vast majority of players when I say performance performance after 2.1 is terrible.

***Primary Issue***
Slow Graphic Rendering

Examples
On fleet Bank, Mail Box, or any other small clickable loads very slowly. On my system it was immediate now it takes 10-20 seconds after I load fleet.

***Major Issue***
This became very apparent when doing S&V 16 Man HM Boss 7 Dread Master Styrak
*Constantly tanks were reporting the dragon spit was not rendering.... (We used sorc pulls to save tanks)
*Repeatedly members would report rendering issue right after being returned from a nightmare. The raid wiping issue was the 8 force ghosts not rendering for some players. Trying to get in Melee range to prevent obliterate on a mob that has not rendered is a major issue.
*After multiple issue all having to do with things not rendering during the fight we finally killed the Dread Master after about the 5th attempt. We could have one shot it if we didn't have all these problem across 10 of our 16 people in the raid.

***My Understanding***
From what I hear this is an issue with the collection option causing extra load times for everyone.

***We need a solution soon***
If my guild is to continue to do 16 Man Raids we will need a solution very soon.
*Please disable the collection option ASAP until it is fixed.
*My guild has 38 subscriber accounts in it that count on 16 Man Raids (This number does not reflect alts or trial members)
* Alternative option MOVE THE COLLECTIONS option to the personal star-ship ONLY. (Disabled everywhere else)

WE NEED A SOLUTION SOON.. MEANING NEXT WEEK or I will be forced to start canceling 16 man raids in favor of 8 man making allot of people unhappy.

*****To Conclude*****
I apologize if this post is coming off as rude, but I am very tired of hearing guild member complaints about Bioware's latest failed patch. It gets allot worse when a cosmetic patch for the care bears in this game that want to look cool has destroyed our raiding experience. Very disappointing. The fact that no patch has been implemented yet is just terrible.
Troops will be routed. Droids will be dismantled.
Creatures will be slain. Hutts will be squashed.
Planets will Burn. The time has come for the Infernal Harvest.
Infernal Harvest Jung Ma Empire Guild.

Zerex_Kildron
05.23.2013 , 09:52 AM | #2
I've had minute long black-outs, in where everything is just fine, but there's nothing but a black screen, especially as you said GTN area loads REALLY slow for me.

No idea whats causing this, but we need a fix ASAP
»{Order of Degonas @TOFN
"The Rule of Two is what prevents the Sith from progression"
-Evskan "Drowning Moon" Jen'Jidai

Ladyloth
05.23.2013 , 10:36 AM | #3
I also did not have a problem before 2.1 after the patch I have had to adjust my game play since rendering has become an issue. I also would like to say that I also have issues with my abilities going off. Sometimes I click on an ability and nothing happens so I have to reclick it to make sure. This has impacted my ability to heal since I can not trust that my rotation is actually going off. In a secondary note I would like to say that you have already lost one subscriber to this issue, since my husband got tired of the lag and game issues. I hope that you fix this in soon.

Fodiddle
05.23.2013 , 12:29 PM | #4
They don't care.

anastasiaquavein
05.23.2013 , 12:38 PM | #5
I am also having long load times and rendering issues. Didn't have these problems before the 2.1 patch.

Seeten
05.23.2013 , 02:40 PM | #6
I am one of the tanks in question.

I run an i7 with 12 gigs of ram and an nvidia 670 graphics card. Performance is the same (poor) on both high and very low graphics settings. I ran in high prior to 2.1 with no issues.

Not rendering boss mechanics for 45 seconds is game breaking. please fix.
Party Time Kittenface
Bounty Hunter of Infernal Harvest
Jung Ma

Skazroth
05.23.2013 , 05:13 PM | #7
I have seen a major decrease in performance post patch 2.1. Rendering is a nightmare. Load times have increased. Makeb is even more laggy than ever.
I run an Intel Corei5 2500K with 16 MB DDR 3 memory, and a NVIDIA GTX 670. This is adequate to run the game on very high settings, I believe.
Please address this issue, aknowledge it at the very least, and make steps for improvement.
I really enjoy SWTOR, even after all the controversy, but gameplay issues must be of the utmost importance to programmers and developers. Steps backward will not be tolerated. We must be able to play the game as intended to enjoy it.
Thank you for your consideration.
Volnuaca - Lvl 65 Vangaurd, Nömi - Lvl 65 Sent, Invari - Lvl 65 Gaurdian

Azröth - Lvl 65 Jugg, Arraxais - Lvl 65 Mara, Hellgär - Lvl 65 BH

TralyanSavo
05.23.2013 , 05:47 PM | #8
I am having serious performance problems since patch 2.1. Most people on my raid team are having the same issues also. I'm having mobs disappear, become unforgettable and continue hitting me. I've had adds not show up on my screen. Long loading times. Ability lag. Mailboxes, GTN terminals, etc not showing up on the fleet for minutes. Framerate issues that make the game borderline unplayable.

Prior to patch 2.1, I almost always had great performance. The difference is really insane.
Ryaffil (Shadow Tank, Main) - Ryaffia (Guardian) - Odinsun (Sentinel) - Mintass (Commando) - Ryaffam (Gunslinger)
Tralyan (Sorcerer) - Echeara (Juggernaut) - Cran (Mercenary) - Zobess (Operative)
Death Mark - The Shadowlands

myrddinmelana
05.23.2013 , 09:01 PM | #9
It would seem these issue are happening everywhere....

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=642397

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=642833

The question remains will a dev say anything? (Other than we messed up) When will it be fixed?
Troops will be routed. Droids will be dismantled.
Creatures will be slain. Hutts will be squashed.
Planets will Burn. The time has come for the Infernal Harvest.
Infernal Harvest Jung Ma Empire Guild.

AshlaBoga
05.24.2013 , 02:03 AM | #10
Had multiple spheres in 16 Man Operator IX that were invisible for as long as 25 seconds.
There was a Regulator that only half the Operation group could see.

Basically it was a cluster*****
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!