Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

User Interface improvements: What's your wishlist?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
User Interface improvements: What's your wishlist?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.23.2013 , 10:50 AM | #11
What Eric said plus.

Add abilities to re-size change even more in the ui editor including chat window as a big one. I hate were the chat window is and would love to move it. Same with where tracked missions go.
Ability to enlarge certain buffs/debuffs and particularly only ones that apply to you or were applied to you.
Ability to set default window locations for things like inventory / bank / vendor. Still allow us to move them but let us pick a spot where they always spawn when clicked.

LordArtemis
05.23.2013 , 10:50 AM | #12
It's a good list I think. I would change a few things more, mostly aesthetic changes.....

Allow us to change the color of the UI. I would suggest Brown, Red, Silver, Blue, Green, Purple, Yellow and Dark Grey.

Add tabs in the chat window for group chat and LFG/Trade.

Allow us to change default colors for different types of map icons. Colors would be red, green, blue and orange. This way we could quickly identify what type of icon it is, especially in dense areas.

Just a few of my additions.

ninjonxb
05.23.2013 , 10:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I really wish that SWTOR would add visible mission rewards! You know, like the ability to see what your experience gains, credits, and items will be from completing a mission!

I really hope this happens with Game Update 2.1.1 too!

-eric
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/38119992.jpg just saying
Free goodies (referral link)
Thank you Bioware for adding in Same Sex Story Arcs .^.
How I feel reading the SWTOR forums http://i.imgur.com/tCp90.gif
SWTOR Calendar of Events(Forum Post)(Google Calendar, iCal, Twitter)

Meglivorn
05.23.2013 , 10:53 AM | #14
Import/Export keymaps.

Sortable, customizable buff/debuff area (only show my own debuffs, only shows specific buffs/procs or shows them in a different group).

Cartel market, vanity and emote items in a special, different inventory tab, or in the mission items tab (it's mostly empty anyway).
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."

Neamhan
05.23.2013 , 10:58 AM | #15
The ability to save multiple pre-set specs and hotbar ability layouts.

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.23.2013 , 10:58 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
rofl!

Vhaegrant
05.23.2013 , 11:02 AM | #17
I would like to see the 'Interface Editor' and 'Lock' toggles moved from their position on the quickbar. Despite their small size they seem remarkably easy to click on in the heat of the moment.

Interface Editor already has an option when pressing 'Esc' on the drop down menu.

Placing an icon on the menubar, making them a separate panel, or even just moving them to the right hand side of the quickslot would be ideal.

Arlon_Nabarlly
05.23.2013 , 11:02 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Neamhan View Post
The ability to save multiple pre-set specs and hotbar ability layouts.
This and the ability to save keybinds with the UI layout so it can be shared across account and moved to others with a file copy.

Damoirlour
05.23.2013 , 11:02 AM | #19
Everything the OP mentioned is good, but man, the Buff/Debuff and Ops frame changes would be tear-inducing.
/want

JimG
05.23.2013 , 11:05 AM | #20
For the User Interface, I'd like to see some sort of stats overlay that you can put up. Not necessarily just a damage meter. CoH had a good one where you could track health, stamina, speed, regen rate, and other things with precise numbers. It was pretty cool....and useful....to be able to see how much certain buffs and abilities affected you in certain areas mid-fight.

Also, if they could find some way to prevent the companion icon from moving to the far left of the screen every time I join a group that causes the companion to be dismissed, then I'd be happy. I have a quickbar on the far left of the screen. Every time I join a group which is a full group and the companion gets dismissed, the companion icon bar moves over to the far left of the screen underneath my quickbar. I have to re-adjust my interface afterwards to move the companion bar back......every time. It's annoying as hell, lol.

Beyond the general UI, the UI for the GTN is in desperate need of a price history for items. Whenever you highlight an item on the GTN, it should show the price history for most recent 5 sales.

The crafting UI needs an ability to hide/unhide each recipe so you can filter your list to leave one out of the display that you rarely use.