Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns About Players Being Suspended

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concerns About Players Being Suspended
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

05.24.2013 , 10:16 AM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
There were a good number of unjust statements and accusations (even after Erics posts in this thread) made toward Bioware yesterday, and this entire issue should give some pause for some of the things said about Bioware over all of this.
And there were plenty of just and on point ones as well.

05.24.2013 , 10:27 AM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
And there were plenty of just and on point ones as well.
If you mean... "Bioware has unjustly banned some people" "they need to make it right!" yeah.

But you know the posts I am referring to, so let's not pretend otherwise. There were a lot of ugly and non-factual cheap shots thrown at Bioware over the last day or two in the forum over this whole thing.

I do want to give Alec due credit for his post this morning. I know he was very upset yesterday, and it was nice of him to come back today and acknowledge accordingly. I respect him for that.
--------------------- Don't bother. I'm Not Here. ---------------------

05.24.2013 , 03:46 PM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by Zylaro View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I have legacy weapons to trasfer crystals between alts but assumed this would be considered an exploit and so unlocked the crystals in collections. So can we have our cartel coins back then? and if so how is the best way to do so?
It would appear that is a no. Sent the request to CS and got a pretty standard "No, we do not refund coins in this case".
Although there are numerous cases where people have purchased something they don't need actually getting a refund. It would appear in this case it's a very basic "tough luck".

05.24.2013 , 03:51 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
If nothing else, this incident has been a good lesson on why to wait till the facts are in before accusing people of being liars and cheats. Hopefully, it'll remind people to pause a moment before attacking in the future. Perhaps not, but I remain an optimist.
and....and...not good to jump to conclusions about conspiracies involving Bioware either.

I am an advocate for harsh criticism of this company and this game, especially if I feel it is constructive and presented that way. What I will not abide is silly contentions that Bioware is going out of it's way to show players that they have nothing but utter contempt for them.

The very notion is ludicrous IMO.

We should not jump to such extreme judgements on BOTH sides of the fence.

05.24.2013 , 06:53 PM | #465
Quote: Originally Posted by tanktest View Post
Loopholes are all ways gonna be any place RL as well .
What is or is not in RL has no bearing on what is or is not in TOR.