Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns About Players Being Suspended

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concerns About Players Being Suspended
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alec_Fortescue
05.22.2013 , 07:15 PM | #21
No. It's obviously an exploit when u can get something for free or really cheaply and then turn it in somewhere in the gain to make really big profits. That's how gw2 devs justified the perma bans shortly after the game's release. I did not make any big profits by using xploits.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Nomaad
05.22.2013 , 07:21 PM | #22
"Hey, look at what I just picked up!"
"Oh, what is it?"
"An apple"
"An apple, really, wow, that sure looks nice and plump and ready to eat"
"Well, I will sell it to you for 1500 cartel coins"
"Oh man, awesome, thanks"

1 year later

"Hey, do you still have that apple I sold you last year?"
"Umm, no, I ate it"
"WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO EAT WHAT YOU PAID FOR???!??!??!"

Ka-Shem
05.22.2013 , 07:42 PM | #23
The issue is that people who didn't partake in the exploit are getting banned as well. To top matters off there's absolutely no recourse for these people, no one for them to talk to to get things fixed.

I know a few players who are in this position who are loyal players since beta, never un-subbed, Cartel Coin buyers, who have put up with & adapted to every piece of crap BioWare has thrown at us. Now they are seriously considering leaving the game & they would likely take a number of their friends with them.

BioWare's blunders are becoming more & more frequent & more & more severe.
KA-SHEM: OVERLORD
PAXIMPERIUS
Website | Recruitment Thread

Ratajack
05.22.2013 , 08:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I am not lying! T_T Considering how much I love this game, how much time I spent here and that I was literally crying, I can't sleep and I keep hitting refresh button on here and my mailbox for the last 4 hours, with my eyes all red - players like me would never do intentional exploits! If I was a cheater I'd get pissed at getting caught and moved on! I won't sleep now! I got severe asperger's and this is world. I'd never want to risk my existence in the world i've always dreamed about. I won't sleep now. Thank you bioware for this wonderful evening! I had an ultimately clear standing with the game, always afraid of doing exploit-like things. And suddenly this.
Let me get this straight. You claim you are not a cheater.

You admit that you have a character who has a cartel crystal in his collection and that you did not buy the unlock to create multiple copies on other characters. You created at least one copy of this crystal, sent it to an alt who does NOT have that crystal in their collection, and therefore cannot create free copies, since the character with the crystal in his collection now possesses the crystal which the alt had prior to 2.1.

How is creating free copies of crystals for characters who do not have them in their collection and then using legacy weapons to send them to those alts, thus bypassing having to spend those CC's to purchase the collection unlock not cheating? This is made worse by the fact that you also freely admit that you have at least 5 unbound white hawkeye crystals that you could have sent to that alt, and in so doing, avoid the situation in which you now find yourself.

Turiya
05.22.2013 , 09:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Let me get this straight. You claim you are not a cheater.

You admit that you have a character who has a cartel crystal in his collection and that you did not buy the unlock to create multiple copies on other characters. You created at least one copy of this crystal, sent it to an alt who does NOT have that crystal in their collection, and therefore cannot create free copies, since the character with the crystal in his collection now possesses the crystal which the alt had prior to 2.1.

How is creating free copies of crystals for characters who do not have them in their collection and then using legacy weapons to send them to those alts, thus bypassing having to spend those CC's to purchase the collection unlock not cheating? This is made worse by the fact that you also freely admit that you have at least 5 unbound white hawkeye crystals that you could have sent to that alt, and in so doing, avoid the situation in which you now find yourself.
So, he has a BOUND crystal on one character that he can replicate via his collection and instead of unlocking it via cartel coins on another character uses a method which EVERYONE has been using to send BOUND crystals/mods/enhancements via LEGACY items to their other chars and people are getting perma-banned for it?

What the hell did BW think was going to happen when they introduced all this? It's not an exploit, it's using a process everyone has been using since legacy was introduced to send BOUND items between legacy characters. A process which BW implemented themselves.

This is BW banning people for the own f u c k up in not thinking about this method of moving items around after they bought in the new collections.

IMO they should be unbanning anyone they've been banned, giving them a free month and then patching the game to prevent this as they clearly don't want it to happen.

chuixupu
05.22.2013 , 09:23 PM | #26
I'm sure there were people clearly exploiting this, but I believe whoever issued the bans did not thoroughly investigate the incidents. A friend of mine got the week ban for merely making crystal copies, with no intention to sell anything, or any idea that what he was doing was something he wasn't supposed to do. Remember the Ilum bolster exploit during the double XP weekend, and how it was said that no action was going to be taken against people for making use of the system that developers had created in an unexpected way? Let's be consistent here.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Shoogli
05.22.2013 , 09:32 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Remember the Ilum bolster exploit during the double XP weekend, and how it was said that no action was going to be taken against people for making use of the system that developers had created in an unexpected way? Let's be consistent here.
Well, they are consistent : bugs that affects latest batch of CM items are fixed fairly quickly while if you remember good old bugs since launch are still on the backburner and will be for a long time. It's like the toys that were not bound for more than 6 months and suddenly they become a bug and suddenly it's fixed extra fast and now they're bound.

They *are* consistent : if it's about the CM then the action is taken ASAP...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Lithy
05.22.2013 , 09:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Turiya View Post
So, he has a BOUND crystal on one character that he can replicate via his collection and instead of unlocking it via cartel coins on another character uses a method which EVERYONE has been using to send BOUND crystals/mods/enhancements via LEGACY items to their other chars and people are getting perma-banned for it?

What the hell did BW think was going to happen when they introduced all this? It's not an exploit, it's using a process everyone has been using since legacy was introduced to send BOUND items between legacy characters. A process which BW implemented themselves.

This is BW banning people for the own f u c k up in not thinking about this method of moving items around after they bought in the new collections.

IMO they should be unbanning anyone they've been banned, giving them a free month and then patching the game to prevent this as they clearly don't want it to happen.
So we can't even make copies to use on the character the original crystal is bound on? We can't make a copy to duel wield with? or use in an off spec set? That's bannable?
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

Shoogli
05.22.2013 , 09:40 PM | #29
On another note AM SOOOO GLAD that the collection is bugged and didn't register the +41 indestructible white-black crystal that is in the double-LS on my kinetic shadow, this way I don't risk being banned at all...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Master-Nala
05.22.2013 , 09:42 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Turiya View Post

Exploits are always partially the developer's fault. That doesn't absolve the player. Collections is pretty darn easy to understand. If you want to make copies of rare items for your alts, then you need to buy the account unlock. Circumventing that requirement is an exploit. Sure the devs should have seen it coming, but players should have known this wasn't intended and permitted behavior.