Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concerns About Players Being Suspended

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Concerns About Players Being Suspended
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CrashDDL
05.22.2013 , 05:36 PM | #11
Someone clear this up for me please:

- I have several pair of crystals as I have a sentinel main
- Once collection was introduced I tested that I can get the crystals back so I have destroyed the ones I don't currently use
- Now if I were to take them back and mail it over to an alt I could get banned???

If this is the case, I have to ask what the heck is wrong with these people? Not one person came up with this possible problem before hand???

Holinyx
05.22.2013 , 05:38 PM | #12
The problem was that you could then vendor the crystal for credits. copy crystal...then sell...repeat. do you see the problem now?
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

Alec_Fortescue
05.22.2013 , 05:39 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ember View Post
Bioware takes the stance of not advertising what people did to get banned. Those who got banned take advantage of this can claim to be the innocent victim. It happens in every MMO. While I wasn't a fan of Guildwars 2 I admit they had it right when they posted a thread daring people who'd gotten bans/suspensions to call them out. Then they took that as permission to post publically exactly what they did. It really shut people up fast.
Yeh. I remember that. Making cheap stuff and reversing it for expensive materials which were then sold for an actual in-game currency profits. It was an issue as GEMS (cartel coin equivalent) could be bought for in-game monies.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Calabask
05.22.2013 , 05:45 PM | #14
The issue appears to be more likely linked to spawning multiple copies of cartel market color crystals. Assuming people have been truthful in them saying that was all they did(No transfer or anything.). One of my fellow Guildees said that was all he did and he got the ban. So that seems to be the common denominator here, it could have been more than one, or more than two. We don't have enough information to know. But the ban is far reaching, and quite possibly unintended given how many people it had affected.

Samoth_Nomad
05.22.2013 , 05:47 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
The problem was that you could then vendor the crystal for credits. copy crystal...then sell...repeat. do you see the problem now?
You missed the rather large threads regarding these bans that were deleted,
Hundreds of suspensions. Some for merely duping crystals, others for mailing duped crystals to alts though legacy.
Others had no idea why. Nobody knows for sure what is going on, but it's not as simple as what your post claims it to be.

Ember
05.22.2013 , 05:54 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Samoth_Nomad View Post
You missed the rather large threads regarding these bans that were deleted,
Hundreds of suspensions. Some for merely duping crystals, others for mailing duped crystals to alts though legacy.
Others had no idea why. Nobody knows for sure what is going on, but it's not as simple as what your post claims it to be.
People lie. They get caught doing something they aren't suppose to and they know Bioware isn't going to publically call them out on it, so they lie. They think if they create an uproar, or convince the public they didnt't do anything wrong, bioware will back down. If you know somwone who got banned, ask them what they did. If it doesnt sound like a bannable offense, then ask them what they really did.

As a side note I'm sure some folks who were truely innocent got caught in this ban. It happens when theres big sweeping ones. But they are in the minority, and they'll be back soon enough.

Alec_Fortescue
05.22.2013 , 05:58 PM | #17
People lie. They get caught doing something they aren't suppose to and they know Bioware isn't going to publically call them out on it, so they lie.
I am not lying! T_T Considering how much I love this game, how much time I spent here and that I was literally crying, I can't sleep and I keep hitting refresh button on here and my mailbox for the last 4 hours, with my eyes all red - players like me would never do intentional exploits! If I was a cheater I'd get pissed at getting caught and moved on! I won't sleep now! I got severe asperger's and this is world. I'd never want to risk my existence in the world i've always dreamed about. I won't sleep now. Thank you bioware for this wonderful evening! I had an ultimately clear standing with the game, always afraid of doing exploit-like things. And suddenly this.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

Vaalin
05.22.2013 , 06:06 PM | #18
People lie. They get caught doing something they aren't suppose to and they know Bioware isn't going to publically call them out on it, so they lie. They think if they create an uproar, or convince the public they didnt't do anything wrong, bioware will back down. If you know somwone who got banned, ask them what they did. If it doesnt sound like a bannable offense, then ask them what they really did.

As a side note I'm sure some folks who were truely innocent got caught in this ban. It happens when theres big sweeping ones. But they are in the minority, and they'll be back soon enough.
While I agree that there are people who try to cause a ruckus in order to get out of it, I totally wish Bioware would put all of my logs out for people to see because I did jack crap to exploit the game. The only possible thing I can think of that would lump me in with making money off of crystals is reverse engineering all of the black/red/blue/purple crystals that were removed with 2.0 from the Columi/Rakata gear and crafting them/selling them on the GTN as was made intentional by Bioware. Otherwise as I had already previously posted, I did send two White Hawkeye (yes I know thats the big crystal in question) to my sentinal from my tank guardian for use via legacy weapons (which is the intended use of legacy weapons). No shady sales of duped crystals or any kind of crap that would clearly get you banned.

Alec_Fortescue
05.22.2013 , 06:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Vaalin View Post
While I agree that there are people who try to cause a ruckus in order to get out of it, I totally wish Bioware would put all of my logs out for people to see because I did jack crap to exploit the game. The only possible thing I can think of that would lump me in with making money off of crystals is reverse engineering all of the black/red/blue/purple crystals that were removed with 2.0 from the Columi/Rakata gear and crafting them/selling them on the GTN as was made intentional by Bioware. Otherwise as I had already previously posted, I did send two White Hawkeye (yes I know thats the big crystal in question) to my sentinal from my tank guardian for use via legacy weapons (which is the intended use of legacy weapons). No shady sales of duped crystals or any kind of crap that would clearly get you banned.
What about people requesting crystal recovery after 2.0? I am totally sure some people did try to get extra crystals after failed r/e attempts. Remember when we could not get schematics and they offered refunds? Also we have already clarified that reverse-engineering player made item is not a violation of any kind.

OMG why isn't this thread locked -_- any comment here actually involved discussion of the topic...................

Lominia
05.22.2013 , 07:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Holinyx View Post
Yes, The problem i see is that the developers hadnít tested it before farming it out to us and itís bit them in the ***. If the game allows me to do it then so be it. Iím not going to second guess everything every time a patch comes out. Itís possibly costing them cartel coins & theyíre miffed. You can just imagine the buck passing, witch-hunting and finger pointing thatís going on at bioware at the moment. The departmental meetings theyíre having at this present time must be gold.