Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Armortech] After 450 what do I do?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Armortech] After 450 what do I do?

schwartzpedro
05.22.2013 , 10:59 AM | #1
Where do i get better recipes?More exactly,now that I leveled my crafting to the maximum,what do I do with it?

Toraak
05.22.2013 , 11:12 AM | #2
depending on your crafting skill, some recipes should drop from Operations still, tho I've never seen them in SM TFB/SM SaV.
Shadowbane Veteran
WoW Veteran

Frog_brains
05.22.2013 , 11:20 AM | #3
you can also pull armourings out of drops from ops and hardmodes and RE them. warning though it could take a lot o them to learn the schematic

WardLorrail
05.23.2013 , 08:34 PM | #4
Recipes no longer drop directly, it is all through R/E.
||||||()█Ξ██████████████████████████████████)

Cody-licious
05.24.2013 , 09:11 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Frog_brains View Post
you can also pull armourings out of drops from ops and hardmodes and RE them. warning though it could take a lot o them to learn the schematic
Armormech can't RE armouring modifications. That''s only Cybertech who can do that.
55 Mercenary Bodyguard 53 Powertech Pyro
55 Sniper Marksman 55 Operative Concealment 55 Scoundrel Sawbones
55 Sage Seer 51 Shadow Kinetic 55 Assassin Darkness
55 Guardian Vigilance 53 Marauder Carnage

Bombbuster
05.25.2013 , 07:49 AM | #6
After you hit 450 and have all the armortech skill trainer recipes, there are 2 sources for better armortech recipes.

The first is reverse engineering your green and blue lvl 54 - 55 items. The second is the artifact schematics available from the vendor in the crew skills area (he's standing next to the vendor that sells crafting mats). Note that the artifact vendor only sells belt and bracer schematics for armortech, and each schematic costs 75 basic comms.

However, don't bother with either.

Even the best items you can make using either of those two methods will not be better than simply using armoring/mod/enhancement 28 combos in custom armor shells. In other words, no one is going to buy the items you can make with armortech crafting, both because they are inferior in stats to modded items, and at this point in the game most end game players have modded custom gar that they'd rather buy armorings/mods/enhancements for.

The only useful thing that armortech makes is augments and augment kits.
Mal: Appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zo: Big damn heroes, sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

mike_is_valid
05.26.2013 , 08:23 PM | #7
Well, there is armstech and armormech in this game, no armortech. Regardless, after hitting 450 with either of those you will realyse that they are quite useless, since almost nothing you can do will really sell.

Rincewend
05.26.2013 , 09:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by mike_is_valid View Post
Well, there is armstech and armormech in this game, no armortech. Regardless, after hitting 450 with either of those you will realyse that they are quite useless, since almost nothing you can do will really sell.
^ This pretty much covers it. You could make orange gear for alt's and your pet's but considering you can pick up cast off CM item sets for 5k-10k a outfit there really is no point.