Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva
06.10.2013 , 04:08 PM | #61
Checked a local Target this morning. No cards yet. Hopefully "very soon" means sooner rather than later.

chimex
06.10.2013 , 04:17 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
I believe you can find it at Ollivanders Wand Shop.
Ok, that one was pretty funny
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

ZachSDMF
06.13.2013 , 10:34 PM | #63
Went to my local Gamestop. They have no idea what I'm talking about. The guy called 3 surrounding stores and none of them knew what a "Cartel Coin" card was. They kept telling me the "time cards" were done away with when the game went Free to Play. He looked up in the system "Star Wars" and "Cartel Coins" and "The Old Republic", etc. and found nothing.

Went to WalMart and saw an empty hanger that read "EA 2400 CC" so I assume that's where they will be hung, but there's nothing there.

Pretty disappointing, especially since I see so many people in game with them. I don't live in a rural area; just south of L.A. actually and this seems kind of stupid.

CrispenGray
06.13.2013 , 11:00 PM | #64
Okay, I've managed to get all of them except the Orokeet (because it's not at Target yet). Here's the trick for each:

GAMESTOP: They have it. They really do. Most of the people working the counter have no idea that they do, though, so you have to convince the clerks that it exists. It's entirely electronic: there's no physical anything other than the receipt you get with the code on it. Have them search their system for Old Republic Cartel Coins. EVERY Gamestop can sell them, really, no matter how much the clerks claim it's not there. The number in their system, according to my receipt, is 608001 060/000.

BEST BUY: They also have it. Best way to do this, however, is to bypass the clerks and go to their video-game section, to the "preorder" computerized kiosk. You can do a search for "Old Republic" and find the cartel coins that way; this will print out a receipt for you to take to the cashier. Unless your Best Buy doesn't have such a kiosk, in which case, I assume you'll have to do what you do at Gamestop. Their number in the system, if my receipt is to be believed, is 8919082.

WAL-MART: They have physical cards, located with their computer game cards. If you pick up such a card for a friend outside the US and Canada, however, there may be problems with them accepting the codes, but I know that there are workarounds out there. (None of the other codes I've seen thus far have any sort of region-restrictions.)

EU RETAILERS: Also physical cards. Amazon.de has them, if you don't live in Europe.

I'm assuming Target's will be more like Wal-Mart, with the physical card, but that's pure speculation on my part, I'll admit.

Oldsailor
06.14.2013 , 08:27 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by CrispenGray View Post

GAMESTOP: The number in their system, according to my receipt, is 608001 060/000.

BEST BUY: Their number in the system, if my receipt is to be believed, is 8919082.
I got the same numbers on my receipts. Also the girl working at my Gamestop said that entering "2400" brought it up when she checked her system.

Both my purchases did NOT include any sales tax. Might be because they were both digital downloads that they got around having to add it.

Oldsailor
06.14.2013 , 08:53 AM | #66
Also as a side note, the pets "actual" cost is 350 Cartel coins, if you get 2 or more of them.

I base this on:

Get 2 pets. Pay around $40 (2 x 2400 Cartel coins for $19.99. End up with 4800 Cartel coins.) Instead buy the biggest Cartel coins download for the same $40 - 5500 Cartel coins. The difference is 700 coins less. Or 350 per pet.

That said, that seems to be around the cost if they did offer them straight into the Cartel market.

Sentinel-Jordal
06.14.2013 , 04:40 PM | #67
Is there any way that a person that don't have a walmart nearby can get the gilded flutterplume?

I live in Norway and yeah we don't have walmart here...
So can it be sold on the gtn or from player-player?
Would love to get it, hopes for answer soon
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Rankyn
06.14.2013 , 04:43 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
So can it be sold on the gtn or from player-player?
No, it's bind-on-pickup.

JimG
06.14.2013 , 05:11 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by ZachSDMF View Post
Went to my local Gamestop. They have no idea what I'm talking about. The guy called 3 surrounding stores and none of them knew what a "Cartel Coin" card was. They kept telling me the "time cards" were done away with when the game went Free to Play. He looked up in the system "Star Wars" and "Cartel Coins" and "The Old Republic", etc. and found nothing.
Gamestop has it. It's purchase of a downloadable code through their computer system...not a physical card. It seems most of the Gamestop employees don't understand this though and they keep thinking of it like a physical game time card. They might have to do some searching in the computer system, but it's there.

Sentinel-Jordal
06.14.2013 , 05:21 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
No, it's bind-on-pickup.
.... not good...
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 55
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55