Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Salabel
06.04.2013 , 10:26 PM | #11
I went to Best Buy and Gamestop to get the next two pets.
Employees at both stores had no idea what I was talking about. Both places they looked up "Star Wars Cartel" and it showed up. They sold the code and it was printed on the reciept. Best Buy also E-Mailed it to me, in case I lost the reciept.

If I am reading the reciepts correctly:

Best Buy SKU# 8919082 (Arctic Manka Lynx)
Gamestop SKU# 608001 (Lobelode)

I greatly prefer Wal-Mart ( Gilded Flutterplume), who has a physical card. ( Of course we need all these pets, so that point is moot.)

I am still scheming to get the EU pet.( Forest Nekarr Cat)

I went to Target and Toys R Us and had them check computers but came up a blank. I still haven't figured out who has the card with the crested Orokeet......

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Rankyn
06.04.2013 , 11:25 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Salabel View Post
I still haven't figured out who has the card with the crested Orokeet......
You know, you'd think EA's marketing people would want to shout this kind of information from the mountaintops so that we could give them (and their retail partners) some money.

Rhesus_TOR
06.05.2013 , 03:36 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
You know, you'd think EA's marketing people would want to shout this kind of information from the mountaintops so that we could give them (and their retail partners) some money.
This. I checked 3 local Wal-marts and nothing. No cards, no SKU in the system, nothing remotely Star Wars-like in the physical card department.

At which Wal-Marts in the US are people finding these cards and what will it take to get somebody from Bioware to give people who are actively looking to buy these some insight into where they can be found?

Rankyn
06.05.2013 , 10:51 AM | #14
On the other hand, I bought a card from some retailer in Germany (through eBay) and got a Forest Nekarr Cat with no problem.
PayPal did the currency conversion painlessly and it ultimately cost me $0.20 less than the card from Best Buy.

They promised delivery within 24 hours but it took about 36, but it's still less trouble than finding one of these things at Wal Mart.

SweetsPatogga
06.05.2013 , 11:15 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Salabel View Post
I went to Best Buy and Gamestop to get the next two pets.
Employees at both stores had no idea what I was talking about. Both places they looked up "Star Wars Cartel" and it showed up. They sold the code and it was printed on the reciept. Best Buy also E-Mailed it to me, in case I lost the reciept.

If I am reading the reciepts correctly:

Best Buy SKU# 8919082 (Arctic Manka Lynx)
Gamestop SKU# 608001 (Lobelode)
Thanks for the SKUs. I may try for the Lobelode too even though it's not my favorite.

FWIW, some Best Buys have self self touch screen kiosks that you can just search for the cartel pack yourself and then have it print out a slip with a barcode that you just take to the register and pay. Easier than arguing with clueless employees.

At my local BB the kiosk was in the console games section. It's the same one you use to do console game pre-orders and such.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rhesus_TOR View Post
At which Wal-Marts in the US are people finding these cards and what will it take to get somebody from Bioware to give people who are actively looking to buy these some insight into where they can be found?
I found it at Lynwood, WA (north of Seattle). They have a bunch of them in the PC gaming section where they have WoW etc.

I'm at work now so I don't have the SKU but I can see if I can find it when I get home if I still have the receipt.

On the other hand, I bought a card from some retailer in Germany (through eBay) and got a Forest Nekarr Cat with no problem.
PayPal did the currency conversion painlessly and it ultimately cost me $0.20 less than the card from Best Buy.

They promised delivery within 24 hours but it took about 36, but it's still less trouble than finding one of these things at Wal Mart.
Which German retailer was this? I have had one on order with Amazon Germany but it's been pending for weeks and I am tired of waiting.

Rankyn
06.05.2013 , 12:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetsPatogga View Post
Which German retailer was this? I have had one on order with Amazon Germany but it's been pending for weeks and I am tired of waiting.
I sent you a PM with the link to what I bought.

AlixMV
06.05.2013 , 01:02 PM | #17
I sent you a PM with the link to what I bought.
Any chance I could get one as well? That's the pet I'm second-most interested in, haha.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Rankyn
06.05.2013 , 01:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Any chance I could get one as well? That's the pet I'm second-most interested in, haha.
Sent!

Darkarmedhunter
06.05.2013 , 02:00 PM | #19
Hello i am from Germany and i want to Trade a Euro Carter Colin Card for a Wahlamt Card and Ort a Tops r us Card to geht he Pest. I have 3 du Castel Colin cards with the European PET for Trade. So let me know if One is Intereted to Trade.

SweetsPatogga
06.05.2013 , 02:11 PM | #20
Is the Toys R Us card official or was that just speculation? I haven't seen anyone claim to have actually gotten one there yet.

Also FYI for Non-Americans (or Canadians) trying to get the Flutterplume someone on the comments at Dulfy.net claimed they tried to trade with someone in Europe and they got errors. Apparently there is fine print on the back of the card that says "Valid only in the US and Canada"

Source: http://dulfy.net/2013/06/03/swtor-wa...-flutterplume/ (scroll down for the comments)

Quote:
Derek Brown 8 hours ago −
These could be bad news for EU players.
Card states on the back, "Valid only in the US and Canada." I tried to trade two with players in the EU and they got errors and could not get them to work