Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
06.26.2013 , 03:13 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by zImperium View Post
If you go to GameStop
You will need to ask them to look under the "PS3" section for digital codes (no idea why...is this an easter egg or typo). Tell them to look for "Star Wars TOR Cartel Coins." That's right, you will have to say "TOR" not "The Old Republic." If they can't find it, just tell them to search "Cartel Coins" and it will pop up.
Interesting, went today to my local shop and here is what we found:

1. under their code for PC games "52" I believe, there was no listing under any of the code words: Cartel, TOR, or coins.
2. when i asked the clerk to input "Cartel coins" she said the search engine would not take 2 words.
3. a call was placed to another store who advised to use the code "60" instead of "52", and "cartel" worked there.
4. interestingly enough the clerk stated that the results were strange as the "60" code is for Microsoft items...
5. also strange is there was a tax on this... but there isn't one if you buy at the Walmart 500 feet away from this Gamestop..... weirdness strikes as usual.

Jenovan
06.26.2013 , 03:23 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
5. also strange is there was a tax on this... but there isn't one if you buy at the Walmart 500 feet away from this Gamestop..... weirdness strikes as usual.
Hmm, that *is* strange. I just checked my receipt and mine was not taxed, although the other things I bought were, as expected. (There's a line-item on the receipt that specifically says "taxable total"; the Cartel Coins aren't included in that total, and I verified that the sales tax amount is correct.)

I would have suggested it might be a per-state thing, but if the local Walmart isn't taxing them...
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Roalmo
06.26.2013 , 03:25 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by zImperium View Post
If you go to GameStop
You will need to ask them to look under the "PS3" section for digital codes (no idea why...is this an easter egg or typo). Tell them to look for "Star Wars TOR Cartel Coins." That's right, you will have to say "TOR" not "The Old Republic." If they can't find it, just tell them to search "Cartel Coins" and it will pop up.

1. under their code for PC games "52" I believe, there was no listing under any of the code words: Cartel, TOR, or coins.
2. when i asked the clerk to input "Cartel coins" she said the search engine would not take 2 words.
3. a call was placed to another store who advised to use the code "60" instead of "52", and "cartel" worked there.
4. interestingly enough the clerk stated that the results were strange as the "60" code is for Microsoft items...

JattaGin
06.27.2013 , 06:53 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
But, following up on something that the girl at Customer Service said -- the Cartel cards seem to be available on the Best Buy website now for digital download.
Does anyone outside the USA have experience trying to use such a code? I have a friend in the States who would order this code for me, but I wonder if I can redeem the code at all since I am in the EU. Any experiences out there?
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/gjXwhj
How it works: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Blazkowicz
06.27.2013 , 08:23 AM | #115
Best Buy and Gamestop keys work fine outside of US, just Walmart ones are problematic.
If all imperial moffs are like you, it's a wonder you can get your armor on in the morning, much less conquer an empire.

Sentinel-Jordal
06.27.2013 , 09:00 AM | #116
BW can you plz let us buy the gilded flutterplume in-game with CC or as a gift if you buy 2400 CC from your website?
It's too many countries that doesn't has Walmart and thinking about that the gilded flutterplume is duper cool you could make lots of money if it was available via the web or in game
A problem is best solved with a lightdsaber, thats why I use two.

Jadele, The white jedi, jedi sentinel lvl 60
Andrliel, The white shadow, jedi shadow lvl 55

Jadza
06.30.2013 , 10:20 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Literally 3 posts above yours is an official post from two days ago saying that Target does not yet have the cards in stock.
Bite my head off for not wanting to read through 15 pages of posts... geez. Topic in this forum has gone way OT.
Long live the Empire!

theiseja
07.02.2013 , 08:50 AM | #118
||||||()Ξ██████████████████████████████)

JimG
07.02.2013 , 09:15 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Sentinel-Jordal View Post
BW can you plz let us buy the gilded flutterplume in-game with CC or as a gift if you buy 2400 CC from your website?
It's too many countries that doesn't has Walmart and thinking about that the gilded flutterplume is duper cool you could make lots of money if it was available via the web or in game
I absolutely hope they do NOT do this. Let's just sell pre-order items on the CM too while we are at it. The only reason people are going to these stores is to get the pet. There's no need to buy CC's there otherwise. So I don't think their retail partners would be too happy if they turned around started selling the "exclusive" pet on the CM and cut those sales out from under the retailers.

LtGeneralGezlin
07.02.2013 , 09:22 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by theiseja View Post
Hmm, thanks for the link. Looks like this is the vendor that they were announcing "Soon"
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.