Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Gilided Flutterplume & Crested Orokeet
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
06.24.2013 , 09:54 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TaylaEwa View Post
Which pet do the Game Stop and Best Buy codes come with? The Gilded Flutterplume?
No.

The GF is at Walmart, and is a physical card.

TaylaEwa
06.24.2013 , 10:08 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
No.

The GF is at Walmart, and is a physical card.
Then which pet do the Best Buy and Game Stop come with? If the incentive to buy these through brick and mortar stores is the pet.. which pet do they come with?
"Think, then act. Don't act, then think."

<<Order 65 on Harbinger>>

theiseja
06.24.2013 , 10:31 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by TaylaEwa View Post
Then which pet do the Best Buy and Game Stop come with? If the incentive to buy these through brick and mortar stores is the pet.. which pet do they come with?

Best Buy is the arctic lynx pet, and gamestop is the Lobelode(sp?) I believe. Can see both in your collections tab.
||||||()Ξ██████████████████████████████)

Redimere
06.24.2013 , 11:43 AM | #104
Is there supposed to be a second code with the Best Buy purchase specific to the pet? I only received one and there is no mention of anything besides the Cartel Coins when I redeemed it..
DON'T PANIC.

SweetsPatogga
06.24.2013 , 01:11 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Redimere View Post
Is there supposed to be a second code with the Best Buy purchase specific to the pet? I only received one and there is no mention of anything besides the Cartel Coins when I redeemed it..
The one code from Best Buy should give you a mail in game with the pet once you redeem it. There is only the one code and that should give you the cartel coins which you can see on the website or in game and the pet which you have to go in game to get.

Although give the extreme slowness of the mail on some of the servers lately it wouldn't shock me if the mail that gives you the pet is delayed and doesn't arrive instantly.

Rankyn
06.24.2013 , 02:07 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Redimere View Post
If the game is running when you enter the code, you'll need to exit the game and restart it to get the mail with the pet in it.

Jenovan
06.26.2013 , 12:41 PM | #107
Thank goodness for this thread.

Local Walmart still doesn't have the cards, but that isn't at all surprising to me. >_>;

Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
At GameStop you have to ask them to search for some combination of "TOR" "2400" and "Cartel"
They are not listed by "The Old Republic" in their system and that will only return a 60 day time card.

At Best Buy they can look them up for you as well, but they MUST look them up as a pre-order or they will not find them in their system.
This info is key -- I went to Gamestop today, and fortunately there were only 2 customers and the clerk was familiar with SWTOR. Whatever he tried searching for first didn't work, but I asked him to look up "Cartel", and that worked. Victory!

Our Best Buy is right next door to Gamestop... wandered in there, and they're renovating the video games area. :B I asked about the Cartel cards at Customer Service, specifying that they should be under pre-orders... the clerk found it, but couldn't [or didn't know how to] ring it up from what she had. She flagged down a more game-knowledgeable person, who showed me the pre-order kiosk (I'd missed it before in the mess). She commented that the Cartel cards weren't in there recently, but a search turned them up. (In combination with what someone said upstream here, I'm guessing that not all stores update the pre-order system at the same time or something.) AND THEN....! The printer in the kiosk didn't work. :| They even rebooted the PC in there and it didn't help.

But, following up on something that the girl at Customer Service said -- the Cartel cards seem to be available on the Best Buy website now for digital download. Apparently it takes some time for the process to get the code to you, but it might be simpler than getting to a store. I'll try it and report back this evening!

Edit: I ordered a "card" on Best Buy and received the code in an hour-ish.
Edit 2: The Best Buy code works just fine and dandy.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Rankyn
06.26.2013 , 01:40 PM | #108
I had a similar experience with the Best Buy kiosk printer not working but the guy who was helping me processed it at his terminal as a pre-order with no problem.
I suspect the people you talked to didn't know they could do that.

And I think GameStop lists them as something like "Star Wars TOR 2400 Cartel Coins"

SweetsPatogga
06.26.2013 , 02:51 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenovan View Post
But, following up on something that the girl at Customer Service said -- the Cartel cards seem to be available on the Best Buy website now for digital download. Apparently it takes some time for the process to get the code to you, but it might be simpler than getting to a store. I'll try it and report back this evening!

Edit: I ordered a "card" on Best Buy and received the code in an hour-ish. Can't try it out until this evening, though.
That is good to know that the digital codes for the CC cards are back up on Best Buy's website. I know they had previously removed it a while back because they were having problems with it.

zImperium
06.26.2013 , 02:55 PM | #110
If you go to GameStop
You will need to ask them to look under the "PS3" section for digital codes (no idea why...is this an easter egg or typo). Tell them to look for "Star Wars TOR Cartel Coins." That's right, you will have to say "TOR" not "The Old Republic." If they can't find it, just tell them to search "Cartel Coins" and it will pop up.