Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

partylikeaturtle
05.26.2013 , 09:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
EDIT: Here I meant Dromund Kaas under "Planets" in the Codex. Not the Dromund Kaas achievement under Locations in the Legacy tab.
Ah, I wouldn't know, it's been a long time since I even opened the actual codex. The 100% I mentioned was in reference to the legacy achievements, just because you had mentioned that achievement above.

I haven't done a large amount of achievement hunting yet, but it does seem that several exploration-type achievements exclude one or more codex entries, much like this one does (possibly in an unsuccessful attempt to make the achievements obtainable without them actually fixing the codex?)

CommanderKeeva
05.28.2013 , 02:32 AM | #12
bump - until you fix it or acknowledge the issue
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

JesseSky
06.07.2013 , 08:51 AM | #13 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Here are the bugs I discovered in the Codex. The list is by no means full, more entries will be added in the future but even like this you can see the astounding number of bugged entries. Some developer response would be appreciated since the codex has been like this since launch.
The state of the codex is in my personal gripe list, but it's a complicated web of data to untangle. To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. I appreciate the specifics you've provided - it will help immensely with our investigation into each issue.
Jesse Sky
Lead Designer

Timonius
06.07.2013 , 09:46 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. .
Seriously then just fix it one little piece at a time. Throw each fix in every jawadamn patch and we''ll all be happy wookies!

tanerb
06.07.2013 , 10:35 AM | #15
In English, we do not have enough resources to fix bugs. All resources we have are working on CM updates where the money is coming from.

Ansalem
06.08.2013 , 04:10 AM | #16
pro tip: take 1 person off CM he wont be missed, send him to the codex to correct the bugged/glitched/or missing entries. Have him clean up the codex. Tired of old outdated entries still being there that are impossible to get now. IE the ilum achievements to capture all points or kill someone with a turret. Fix the ones that dont work like in novare coast where I interupt people capturing a point constantly but never get credit. And if an entry isnt in game yet or is missing the in game object ie lore object or beast entry or species etc then remove it until it does appear. Also it seems like a lot of the achievements could just check the codex to verify something is accomplished. Or even the counter on the warzone tab. Im tired of seeing a difference between amount of players killed when I open my warzone tab and it shows some insane number yet when I check my player kill counter in achievements it displays a far lower number. It doesnt seem like this stuff is that tough to track down. It seems like it has just been completely ignored.

Jerba
06.08.2013 , 08:51 AM | #17
I fear that the Achievement system will end up the same way as the Codex. It was a great system in the beginning, but as time went on it was never updated or fixed.

Our hopes to get an update of the codex or achievements are slim. For example, what happens if they add a new datacron? Will we lose the datacron achievement and the Datacron Master title?
I do not see a way for them to incorporate new content into the achievement system with comprehensive achievements such as "Collect all lore objects" or "Collect all speeders".
They will probably just leave those achievements for only the old content, and maybe add new achievements for new content.

RougeBeaver
06.08.2013 , 11:05 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
The state of the codex is in my personal gripe list, but it's a complicated web of data to untangle. To be frank, it's a daunting task, and I can't promise it's even fixable beyond targeting small, specific problems over time. I appreciate the specifics you've provided - it will help immensely with our investigation into each issue.
Might want to get cracking, then. The longer it goes ignored the bigger the task will grow over time. As new content is added into the game that requires more and more codex entries. Ones that actually work right.
The only true profit in this galaxy is freedom.

Darth_Dusty
06.13.2013 , 10:35 AM | #19
My question is - Why add an elaborate achievement system that includes achievements that require obtaining codex entries that have been unable to obtain since the game launched?

I'm not a completionist as I know many are(I probably would be if I didn't have a wife and kids) but I do actually enjoy spending a small to large amount of my free time in the game acquiring unique achievements especially titles. But after reading Jesse's post I am very discouraged to do so. Sounds like no one wants to do it and my guess is it will be a long time if ever til we see these codex bugs fixed.

NarShettar
06.17.2013 , 05:54 AM | #20
Hi there,
I have bought the game when it was released and then i played 2 - 3 months until the servers began to feel empty. Then i quit and decided to wait for something like expansion / new level cap / etc to be released. Last week i checked the site and saw that many new things, including an achievement system were implemented and then i said - "Yep, it's time to come back again". And what did i see when i logged again - THE CODEX ARE STILL NOT FIXED. Oh my god, this can't be real. And i'm a software engineer - this aren't things, that can't be fixed. This is the most unacceptable behavior that a company can give to it's fans/subscribers/e.t.c - to say that something is not affecting the gameplay (while it IS AFFECTING IT) and to say that it's not important and possibly (99,9% sure) won't be fixed.
May the Force be with You!