Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
One word: Codex - The epitome of bugs
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CommanderKeeva
05.20.2013 , 02:22 PM | #1
The Codex is a bugged mess and has been from day one. It is full of unobtainable entries, deleted entries, incorrect entries. There is not a single planet in this game on which you can collect all Codex entries. A lot of Codex-related achievements are bugged as a result.

Any plans on fixing the horrible mess the Codex is?

Here are the bugs I discovered in the Codex. The list is by no means full, more entries will be added in the future but even like this you can see the astounding number of bugged entries. Some developer response would be appreciated since the codex has been like this since launch.

Planetary entries:

Balmorra - Persons of Note - Lieutenant Major Pirrell (Bounty Hunter)
Balmorra - Species - Colicoid (This entry is unobtainable by Imperial players as the creature that grants it only exists in the Republic version of Balmorra.)

NOTE: BELSAVIS LOREMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE BY IMPERIAL PLAYERS
Belsavis - Lore - The Inifinite Empire (unobtainable for Empire players as it's granted during a Republic-only quest)

Corellia - Organizations - Outer Rim Jedi Forces (Jedi Knight)
Corellia - Persons of Note - The Real Darmas Pollaran (Smuggler)
Corellia - Persons of Note - The First Son (Jedi Consular)
Corellia - Species - Drall
Corellia - Species - Selonian
Corellia - Titles - The Conqueror of Corellia (Empire) (The patch notes claim this was moved to "Lost Knowledge", however it still shows up under "Achievements: Titles".)

Dromund Kaas - Lore - Lord Parnax's Lost Recordings
Dromund Kaas - Lore - Blade of the Sith Executioner
Dromund Kaas - Lore - The Phobis Device
Dromund Kaas - Organizations - Revanites
Dromund Kaas - Ships - X-70B Phantom-class Prototype (Agent)
Dromund Kaas - Species - Duros
Dromund Kaas - Species - Selkath

NOTE: HOTH BEASTMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE BY IMPERIAL PLAYERS.
Hoth - Bestiary - Skel (unobtainable for Empire players as they're all in Republic-only instances)
Hoth - Organizations - Chiss Ascendancy (mistyped Acendancy in the Codex)
Hoth - Organizations - The White Maw Pirates
Hoth - Species - Ortolan
Hoth - Species - Talz

NOTE: ONE OF HUTTA'S ENTRIES IS ACTUALLY LOCATED ON NAR SHADDAA.
Hutta - Persons of Note - Nem'ro the Hutt (unobtainable for Sith Inquisitors and Sith Warriors)
Hutta - Persons of Note - Intelligence Profile: The Red Blade (Agent)

NOTE: KORRIBAN BEASTMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE FOR 2 CLASSES.
NOTE: KORRIBAN LOREMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE FOR 2 CLASSES.
Korriban - Bestiary - Shyrack (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)
Korriban - Lore - Sith Weapons (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)
Korriban - Lore - The Red Engine (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)
Korriban - Species - Abyssin (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)
Korriban - Species - Sith Pureblood (unobtainable for Bounty Hunters and Imperial Agents)

Makeb - Lore - Isotope-5 (This entry is unobtainable for Republic players.)
Makeb - Lore - Isotope-5 (This entry is obtainable for Imperial players but does not have a pop-up message.)
Makeb - Persons of Note - Supreme Chancellor Saresh (Republic)

NOTE: ONE OF NAR SHADDAA'S ENTRIES IS ACTUALLY LOCATED ON DROMUND KAAS.
NOTE: NAR SHADDAA HAS INVALID ENTRIES FOR THE REPUBLIC.
Nar Shaddaa - Bestiary - Gundark (unobtainable for Republic players; the Imperial entry is granted on Dromund Kaas; there is one Gundark in a Smuggler instance that does not grant the entry)
Nar Shaddaa - Bestiary - Vrblther (unobtainable for Republic players as all Vrblthers are in Imperial-only instances; there are several Vrblthers in a Smuggler instance that do not grant the entry)
Nar Shaddaa - Persons of Note - Drooga the Hutt (Smuggler)
Nar Shaddaa - Persons of Note - Halidrell Setsyn (Warrior)

NOTE: ORD MANTELL LOREMASTER IS UNOBTAINABLE FOR 2 CLASSES.
Ord Mantell - Lore - Ruled by Corruption (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)
Ord Mantell - Lore - Split by Rebellion (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)
Ord Mantell - Lore - Underworld Influences (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)
Ord Mantell - Organizations - Separatist Movement (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)
Ord Mantell - Species - Cathar (unobtainable for Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars)
Ord Mantell - Species - Mon Calamari
Ord Mantell - Species - Kel Dor

Quesh - Titles - Venom Drinker (Republic)
Quesh - Titles - Venomous (Empire)

Taris - Organization - Cathar Settlers (Republic)

Tatooine - Lore - Sand Rot (Consular)
Tatooine - Titles - Primeval Explorer (Empire) (The patch notes claim this was moved to "Lost Knowledge", however it still shows up under "Achievements: Titles".)

Voss - Persons of Note - Jokull (unobtainable for Imperial players)
Voss - Species - Voss
Voss - Species - Gormak

Non-planetary entries:

NOTE: ALL CATEGORIES HAVE REMOVED/DELETED ENTRIES THAT STILL SHOW UP IN THE CODEX. IT MAKES ACHIEVING 100% IN ONE CATEGORY IMPOSSIBLE.
NOTE: ILUM PVP WAS DISCONTINUED BUT THE CODEX WASN'T UPDATED TO REFLECT THIS CHANGE.
NOTE: OTHER MINOR ISSUES THAT ARE TOO NUMEROUS HERE LIST.
Achievement: PvP - Ilum - Captured an Objective
Achievement: PvP - Ilum - Captured the Zone
Achievement: PvP - Ilum - Killed Someone Using a Turret
Achievement: PvP - Denova Novare Coast - Interrupted a Capture Attempt
Achievement: Space - 14 possible entries for Republic players, one surplus entry
Bestiary - Mantellian Flutterplume
Bestiary - Orobird
Bestiary - Sandbat
Bestiary - Skyslasher
Bestiary - Vulagool
Game Rules - Combat Ratings
Lore - Chancellor's Service Medal (Trooper)
Locations - Outlaw's Den
Locations - Ilum Landing Zone
Organizations - The Galactic Republic (Republic)
Organizations - The Sith Empire (Empire)
Species - Houk
Titles - Butcher's Bane (Smuggler)
Titles - The Sarlacc Stomper
Titles - Invalid Title (likely a removed title or one that never existed; Codex wasn't updated to reflect this)
Titles - Assassin
Titles - Commando
Titles - Guardian
Titles - Gunslinger
Titles - Juggernaut
Titles - Marauder
Titles - Mercenary
Titles - Operative
Titles - Powertech
Titles - Sage
Titles - Scoundrel
Titles - Sentinel
Titles - Shadow
Titles - Sniper
Titles - Sorcerer
Titles - Vanguard
Titles - Friendly (Social I)
Titles - Outgoing (Social II)
Titles - Coordinator (Social III)
Titles - Guide (Social V)
Titles - Chatterbox (Social VI)
Titles - Extrovert (Social VII)
Titles - Charismatic (Social VIII)
Titles - Leader (Social IX)
Titles - Upstanding (Light II)
Titles - Sinister (Dark II)
Titles - Benevolent (Light IV)
Titles - Malevolent (Dark IV)

NOTE: THE RECENT FIXES HAVE ENABLED SEVERAL ACHIEVEMENTS TO BE OBTAINABLE BUT THE CODEX STILL HASN'T BEEN UPDATED TO REFLECT THE RECENETLY REMOVED ENTRIES AND AS SUCH, SHOWS MORE ENTRIES THAN THOSE THAT ARE CURRENTLY OBTAINABLE IN THE GAME.

EPIC ENEMIES THAT WERE CONVERTED INTO ACHIEVEMENTS:
NOTE: EPIC ENEMIES COUNT AS ACHIEVEMENTS NOW (SAVE FOR SOME FLASHPOINT AND WORLD BOSSES) BUT THEY STILL SHOW UP AS UNOBTAINABLE ENTRIES IN THE CODEX. HERE'S A FULL LIST OF THEM.

Spoiler
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

MillionsKNives
05.20.2013 , 02:27 PM | #2
This sub-forum is for bug reporting not ranting. Without specifics your post is useless.

CommanderKeeva
05.20.2013 , 03:46 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
This sub-forum is for bug reporting not ranting. Without specifics your post is useless.
I now have specifics. I just uploaded the general post before I added the gazilion bugged entries.

dscount
05.20.2013 , 06:01 PM | #4
Are the Makeb Datacrons showing up yet in CODEX? Last time I checked they had been MIA still.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

CommanderKeeva
05.25.2013 , 05:09 PM | #5
I will keep bumping this thread until you fix the Codex, I swear it.

Oh and thanks to its bugged nature, nearly all related titles and achievements are bugged and unobtainable.

Is there literally nobody on the dev team who ever bothers to check on these things?

CommanderKeeva
05.25.2013 , 05:40 PM | #6
Also, considering you bother investigating issues such as Cartel Item colors not unifying properly....any chance you could look into this as well?

Desolaytore
05.25.2013 , 06:59 PM | #7
It's actually really sad how they left this bugged for this damn long... Hell, hire me for cheap pay and ill fix the damn bugs by myself.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

SkybladeDarkstar
05.25.2013 , 11:35 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
It's actually really sad how they left this bugged for this damn long... Hell, hire me for cheap pay and ill fix the damn bugs by myself.
Agreed. This is something I could fix in a single afternoon. It's absurd how long these things have been left bugged.

partylikeaturtle
05.26.2013 , 08:55 AM | #9
Saying that Dromund Kaas Loremaster is unobtainable is false. I have that planet on 100% completion.

....Apparently you don't need those 3 lore objects that you list to get that achievement...didn't notice that.

CommanderKeeva
05.26.2013 , 09:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by partylikeaturtle View Post
Saying that Dromund Kaas Loremaster is unobtainable is false. I have that planet on 100% completion.

....Apparently you don't need those 3 lore objects that you list to get that achievement...didn't notice that.
My apologies I removed that statement. I'm collecting Codex entries with Republic characters mostly, so I did not check if I had the Dromund Kaas Loremaster achievement or not. I automatically presumed that the bugged Lore entries precluded it.

However, I do know for certain that it's impossible to achieve 100% completion on Dromund Kaas because of the three bugged species. So saying that you have the planet on 100% completion is equally false.

EDIT: Here I meant Dromund Kaas under "Planets" in the Codex. Not the Dromund Kaas achievement under Locations in the Legacy tab.