Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Assassin pull = sucks?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Assassin pull = sucks?

Comfterbilly
05.20.2013 , 10:24 AM | #1
I was excited to earn this skill then I get it find out half the time it doesn't pull the target. Anybody had good experience with assassin pull?
A man is only as strong as the computer he plays Huttball on...

***Sign the Solo-Only que for Warzone PVP.***
***Pug Vs. Premade: Vicious Verbal Jousting.***

Ridickilis
05.20.2013 , 10:33 AM | #2
I'm not that experienced in high end pve but I believe elites can't be pulled/pushed/cc'ed.

If that is happening in pvp (and their resolve wasn't filled), then you probably tried to pull someone that had their movement impairing immunity up at the time. As in other Sins with force shroud up, Vengence Jugg's with unstoppable up, Hunters with hydralic overrides up, there may be more but those jump to mind.

theUndead
05.20.2013 , 11:29 AM | #3
No it doesn't suck. I raid on my Assasin tank and I use the pull on bosses at the start of the fight as it generates threat and no elites can be pulled if they don't have the boss immunity.
The Hellion Legacy (Harbinger)
Referal Link
For free stuff and coins including a one time character transfer.
"The best weapon against an enemy is another enemy." Friedrich Nietzsche

NrDLeipe
05.21.2013 , 03:06 AM | #4
pull is amazing, before you pull look if they got any imunity for it
Even if you cant pull the target it generates alot of threat
And those you can pull its a very nice tool to gather mobs in a group.

For pvp it lways work if the target doesnt have full resolve and you gotta use it a bit diffrent
The wrath of the empire knows no bounds

skarlson
05.22.2013 , 09:10 AM | #5
I suggest watching troll diaries: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=641639
"Unlimited powahahaha! I can't say it..." -Darth Sidious as a Sorcerer

Elyx
05.22.2013 , 05:53 PM | #6
Basically put, the pull is a pull, but it's classified as a crowd control ability, so most bosses have immunity to its "pull" aspect. But not the threat grab aspect. so even if the boss doesn't physically pull, he still is forced to attack you for X amount of time. so he'll run to you anyways. problem solved.

EDIT: oh, and for the record (just so you don't think that assassins got the shaft), my Jugg's force push ability, AND her choke ability, neither work on bosses, even though they're critical elements of my tanking rotation and threat capacity.

neither do the PT's yanking ability. same situation as yourself. Bio simply doesn't want it's tanks to fling bosses around I guess (shrug)
"I just hit 50 and finished my class storyline, but I still haven't been able to decide which AC to choose. Leveling solo as a warrior wasn't difficult, so I kept putting off the decision.
Anyone else having the same problem? "~ lagerhat - And who says warriors are broke?

Kitru
05.22.2013 , 05:55 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyx View Post
Basically put, the pull is a pull, but it's classified as a crowd control ability, so most bosses have immunity to its "pull" aspect. But not the threat grab aspect. so even if the boss doesn't physically pull, he still is forced to attack you for X amount of time. so he'll run to you anyways. problem solved.
Force Pull isn't a taunt. It generates a flat amount of threat (~9k at 55). You're confusing Force Pull with a taunt which *will* force the target to attack you for 6 seconds after its use (and will also generate some threat, though it's not a flat amount and is instead dependent upon how much threat the current target has).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.