Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 5/20/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jenovan
05.20.2013 , 11:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
None. They sort of all look like a kid applied spraypaint. Meh.
Kinda agree... the colored dyes all seem way too bright, regardless of how light/medium/dark they are. I feel like I need an alpha slider or something to tone them down a little. :/

That being said, my favorite dye at the moment is the White/Deep Red that let me put a really spiffing white officer's jacket on Quinn, with the red nicely constrained to small accents like the cord and collar tabs.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

Sir-Coffee
05.20.2013 , 11:05 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by tanerb View Post
This. Have you tried opening packs to get it or do you get unlimited access to dyes?
Of course they get unlimited access to dyes. They are developers, why would they want to play with the restrictions that us subscribers have?

Sir-Coffee
05.20.2013 , 11:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Good question.
Thank you, I really hope she answers it for me.

YoshiRaphElan
05.20.2013 , 11:08 AM | #24
White/light brown on my Knight's Valiant armor. Looks like the character creation screen armor.

Blue/light brown on my Agent's Hooligan uniform. Unified, it looks like something a real-world Navy officer would wear, or even something you might see a Republic officer wearing in-game (except the Imperial-style rank badge).

Seireeni
05.20.2013 , 11:11 AM | #25
Dark green & white, it's nice and so much cheaper than something like black-black.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

SilentKitty
05.20.2013 , 11:12 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Apeth View Post
Light and dark brown. But I want black and dark brown please.
This is my favorite as well. It looks really great with my Cathar's trooper-armor. Will use it on a few companions as well. Stacked up on the now when they were out really cheap on the GTN. Got a few packs as well, about 5 I would say. Most interesting dye I got was white/black which I don't personally need but it will be a great gift for a friend.

Would very much like to see a black and dark brown. And more muted colors, at the moment they are just a little bit too bright. It is still fun to play around the dyes but more options would be great
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!

Trollokdamus
05.20.2013 , 11:12 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Which of our new Dye Modules is your favorite?

Personal Answer: The black and black dye mod is my favorite. Simple and chic.
Same here, black and black. There are hardly any other options that don't make you look like a clown unfortunately I'd love to use black and back on a couple of leveling sets for my small assassin, but i'm not using any cartel coins, even the complimentary ones, on anything cartel market related, and i don't have 4+ million credits for a single leveling set.

Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Of course they get unlimited access to dyes. They are developers, why would they want to play with the restrictions that us subscribers have?
First, they are not developers, they are just community managers. Second, i'm pretty sure they play the same way as any of us, with the very same restrictions. They may even play in your guild secretly and you don't even realize it CM's may actually have some special discounts on cartel market stuff as Bioware employees, but it's definitely not free for them.

TUXs
05.20.2013 , 11:13 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Thank you, I really hope she answers it for me.
I do too. I think she owes you an answer after taunting us by declaring the most epically "rare" color, her "favorite". Had she picked purple, nobody would care, but to pretend that she got black/black the same way any sub did, is sheer folly.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Sir-Coffee
05.20.2013 , 11:22 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
Same here, black and black. There are hardly any other options that don't make you look like a clown unfortunately I'd love to use black and back on a couple of leveling sets for my small assassin, but i'm not using any cartel coins, even the complimentary ones, on anything cartel market related, and i don't have 4+ million credits for a single leveling set.

First, they are not developers, they are just community managers. Second, i'm pretty sure they play the same way as any of us, with the very same restrictions. They may even play in your guild secretly and you don't even realize it CM's may actually have some special discounts on cartel market stuff as Bioware employees, but it's definitely not free for them.
I doubt she purchased Cartel Packs to get the dye.

I doubt she purchased the dye itself.

SilentKitty
05.20.2013 , 11:23 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I do too. I think she owes you an answer after taunting us by declaring the most epically "rare" color, her "favorite". Had she picked purple, nobody would care, but to pretend that she got black/black the same way any sub did, is sheer folly.
Uhm... I lucked out and got white/black on just a few packs. A friend got some other rare combo. Why be so mean to her? She could have gotten it in a pack, it could have been a gift from a good friend like I intend to give mine away. You do not know how she got it, only that she likes this armor dye.

I really see no reason to be mean to Courtney. Don't like the system fine, but I am sad to see people treating her this way.
Female Mandalorians who romanced Torian are missing his Resol'nare and Mando'a lessons conversations since 4.0 launched. Please fix this!