Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars: Rebels Has Begun Production

TheBBP
06.23.2013 , 03:46 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

I mean, the ending to Season 5 wouldn't have been nearly as powerful if it had been in 2D. I guess its because you don't feel the characters are 'real' subconsciously.
I highly disagree. Have you never been engaged by 2D animation? Old Disney films? Robotech or any other anime?

I agree that the 3D format is better, but to say that 2D is not engaging is absurd.
Crosswire -The Ebon Hawk Server
Co-Leader, The Way of the Maker - Family style Christian guild.

Beniboybling
06.23.2013 , 04:55 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
I highly disagree. Have you never been engaged by 2D animation? Old Disney films? Robotech or any other anime?

I agree that the 3D format is better, but to say that 2D is not engaging is absurd.
Different strokes for different folks.

EDIT: E.g. I much prefer Pixar to Disney.

TheBBP
06.23.2013 , 06:24 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Different strokes for different folks.

EDIT: E.g. I much prefer Pixar to Disney.
Does your age range in the teens? I has a sad for you. There is great traditional animation out there to be enjoyed. You should not be so closed-minded and check some out.

As for Pixar over Disney, there is no question. I would even go as far as to say that Pixar is the most original movie house and storytelling studio in Hollywood. They are legit.

Daeus
06.23.2013 , 07:19 PM | #174
I like the CG and I hope they stick with it, but it is still flat. There's no additional depth for the viewer, so I think it's funny that you guys are talking like there is.

TheBBP
06.23.2013 , 08:02 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Daeus View Post
I like the CG and I hope they stick with it, but it is still flat. There's no additional depth for the viewer, so I think it's funny that you guys are talking like there is.
Elaborate please. The Clone Wars has exceptional depth as well as detail.

TalonVII
06.23.2013 , 08:24 PM | #176
Personally I'd rather them go the 3d CGI route of looking more like Starship Troopers Invasion.

Want to see what the CGI looks like, check this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBc5Vp3niq8
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

TheBBP
06.23.2013 , 08:52 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Personally I'd rather them go the 3d CGI route of looking more like Starship Troopers Invasion.

Want to see what the CGI looks like, check this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBc5Vp3niq8
That's pretty slick. I would pay full ticket price to see a feature-length movie made by Blur, the studio who did the cinematic trailers for this game and Elder Scrolls.

Beniboybling
06.24.2013 , 04:22 AM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Does your age range in the teens? I has a sad for you. There is great traditional animation out there to be enjoyed. You should not be so closed-minded and check some out.

As for Pixar over Disney, there is no question. I would even go as far as to say that Pixar is the most original movie house and storytelling studio in Hollywood. They are legit.
Again, not saying that 2D is just boring crap. There are several 2D cartoons that I've very much enjoyed. But I find 3D more engaging because essentially you've got a third dimension to enjoy. That said not all cartoons should strive for 3D, because at times 2D lends itself to the program and changing to 3D would be attempting to try and be something that its not. Different styles call for different mediums. Star Wars however calls for 3D.

That said, photorealist animation is for me a step too far. Like Lucas said animation is an art, not an attempt to mimic real life. Leave that for live action movies and TV. I'm just hoping they stick to the design that they have perfected.

Like really, the quality of animation has improved considerably from Season 1 to 5 in all respects. It would be a real shame to throw all that progress away with a new anime style.

Eillack
06.24.2013 , 07:46 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Daeus View Post
Guess you never watch the original Clone Wars cartoon that existed before TCW rip-off?

Or didn't have a childhood if this is how you think of non "CG "cartoons." I'm sorry, but someone who thinks like this had to be born after 2000 or never had a TV from 1960s to almost today.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

sandisrd
06.24.2013 , 09:48 AM | #180
Greetings,

Well, one thing is clear, I've love ''The Clone wars'' series, and now ''Rebels'' are creating basically by the same animation group, so I'm looking most forward to see what they have in store for us...

Best regards!.
Collector's edition owner
''Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The force shall free me''...