Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Karl-Just-Karl
06.26.2013 , 10:57 AM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Can you transfer across region, like EU to NA?
As of the current plan, no. However, I want to state that this is absolutely something we want to do and as you saw with APAC it isn't a tech limitation. There are some other restrictions we are working through and we hope to have the ability to transfer across region moving forward. I will give you updates on this as I have it.

Hope that clears things up.

-eric
No, it is the opposite of clear. You state that there is "no tech limitation" but cite "other restrictions". At no point do you give any kind of time frame. How can you hope that you cleared anything up?

curtkram
06.26.2013 , 11:08 AM | #522
he was clear.

you don't get to transfer between EU and NA. he didn't explain why, probably just more scorn and contempt for their customers, but that's not really important. if you want to transfer between EU and NA, we know that is not going to happen. we know that bioware knew this would upset a lot of people. pretty clear, bioware wanted to upset a lot of their subscribers.

Ekoado
06.28.2013 , 07:17 PM | #523
The stupid thing about this is...

On the day of transfers I was able to move both my operative and scoundrel over from Jedi Covenant and PoT5 US servers to ToFN EU server. It allowed me to do this no problem. So it seems like bioware failed to put their stupid limitation on initially.

Now i can no longer do this. Proving that indeed there is nothing stopping them doing this cept flicking a switch pretty much.

TheGhostwalker
06.29.2013 , 09:33 AM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekoado View Post

On the day of transfers I was able to move both my operative and scoundrel over from Jedi Covenant and PoT5 US servers to ToFN EU server. It allowed me to do this no problem. ...
If this is true I will probably unsubscribe. I can't really do the full game content with the time zone problem I have and waited for a NA to EU transfer for quite a while. I'm subed since early access and still like the game, but if they gave such transfers to people on day one without notifying people and then stopping it without giving a reason then it is something which makes me reconsider if it is worth staying subbed.

yeldarbnotned
07.16.2013 , 07:42 AM | #525
Any new info on transfers between US to Europe or Europe to US?

Winguardian
08.03.2013 , 07:57 AM | #526
I got answers to two of the questions that I saw a bit about:

Can you transfer across server type, such as PvP to PvE?
Yes you can!

As of the current plan, no. However, I want to state that this is absolutely something we want to do and as you saw with APAC it isn't a tech limitation. There are some other restrictions we are working through and we hope to have the ability to transfer across region moving forward. I will give you updates on this as I have it.

-eric
It's been two months now Eric since you posted this and we have no clear indication wheither it is still a priority on BW's part to introduce US-EU transfers. I have tried contacting the community team about this but they won't even acknowledge it with a simple yes or no answer.

This is hugely frustrating to me especially since it's no a tech issue (and there was a bug where people were able to transfer to an EU server from a US server without problems).

PLEASE give us an update when we can expect this it's been long overdue and you're ignoring alot of people that are stuck on either an EU or US server.
Pubs
Wingardium | Winguardian | Prætorian | Seldenseen
Imps
Battousai'ken | Winsparkium | Antæus | Eikichi | Wingàrdium

Smartie
08.03.2013 , 06:00 PM | #527
Gotta agree I was really angry and frustrated when I heard their plans to limit server transfers to Europe and US and not between both. I still badly want this to happen but instead the silence is deafening, please BW/EA just flip the switch so I can get it done.

Smartie
09.11.2013 , 06:08 AM | #528
Bump!

Calenei
09.19.2013 , 11:32 AM | #529
I got answers to two of the questions that I saw a bit about:

-eric

Any update on this Mr Musco?
RUH ANTILLES
lNFINITE DARKNESS
Artaio, 55 Vanguard | Calum, 55 Sage
Visit Artaio'S PvP Twitch | Shadowlands, Pot5 and now Wildstar

MidichIorian
09.19.2013 , 01:52 PM | #530
Quote: Originally Posted by Ekoado View Post

On the day of transfers I was able to move both my operative and scoundrel over from Jedi Covenant and PoT5 US servers to ToFN EU server. It allowed me to do this no problem. So it seems like bioware failed to put their stupid limitation on initially.

Now i can no longer do this. Proving that indeed there is nothing stopping them doing this cept flicking a switch pretty much.
If that's true I really wish i knew about it. I gave up my 50 legacy on the east coast and had to re-roll a few of the same AC'es. I can't express how much I hate leveling and especially stories I've already played. The new legacy is close to 49 now.