Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Igax's Avatar


Igax
06.24.2013 , 05:37 PM | #501
Since they had forced transfers and so many problems early on with dead servers that would be completely their fault the first round should be free to those that where here to suffer and deal with all the crap and broken promises. It was Bioware that told those of us on dead servers to go roll on a more active servers. It was Bioware that did forced transfers with little to no options on your destination server. So while 13 dollar cost for a whim desire to move homes may be cheap and acceptable, for the first round it is to high a price tag. Anyone who has a character that was on an original Early Access server and moved should get a freebie for that toon to a server of their choosing.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

DarthTHC's Avatar


DarthTHC
06.24.2013 , 05:42 PM | #502
Quote: Originally Posted by oJebuso View Post
This xfer will be the cheapest in the industry.
Except, of course, for the games that let you do them periodically for free or less expensively.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

mikerealms's Avatar


mikerealms
06.24.2013 , 06:41 PM | #503
So just for clarification, if I transfer one character to another server if I have already acquired the buffs do I get to keep those buffs? Or do I have to transfer 4 characters?

Baalzamon's Avatar


Baalzamon
06.24.2013 , 07:00 PM | #504
Plz tell us you are working on EU <-> NA Server transfers.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
06.24.2013 , 07:37 PM | #505
Quote: Originally Posted by Baalzamon View Post
Plz tell us you are working on EU <-> NA Server transfers.
This.

I don't get what the problem is, the technique is obviously there (oceanic ---> US and PTS copies). Are you afraid of some mass emigration. You should never say never BUT that will never happen, people prefer to play on low pings.

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
06.24.2013 , 08:05 PM | #506
Quote: Originally Posted by mikerealms View Post
So just for clarification, if I transfer one character to another server if I have already acquired the buffs do I get to keep those buffs? Or do I have to transfer 4 characters?
It takes one character to transfer an entire legacy, everything gets transferred except mail and GTN items that you listed.

oJebuso's Avatar


oJebuso
06.24.2013 , 08:09 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Except, of course, for the games that let you do them periodically for free or less expensively.
You must be a great guy to hang around with. Still one of the cheapest xfers in the genre.
Javik - 55 Sent/Mara | Zavik - 55 Sniper
The Bastion
- -

Igax's Avatar


Igax
06.24.2013 , 08:13 PM | #508
Quote: Originally Posted by oJebuso View Post
You must be a great guy to hang around with. Still one of the cheapest xfers in the genre.
Also among one of the first in the genre to need to shut down launch day servers inside its first year of service.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.

oJebuso's Avatar


oJebuso
06.24.2013 , 08:16 PM | #509
Quote: Originally Posted by Igax View Post
Also among one of the first in the genre to need to shut down launch day servers inside its first year of service.
What does that have to do with the cost of server transfers.

Cool story bro, tell it again.
Javik - 55 Sent/Mara | Zavik - 55 Sniper
The Bastion
- -

Igax's Avatar


Igax
06.24.2013 , 08:19 PM | #510
Quote: Originally Posted by oJebuso View Post
What does that have to do with the cost of server transfers.

Cool story bro, tell it again.
If I have to explain it again then you just do not get it and to attempt to, again, is not worth the energy.
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixStar
Yeah my eyes bugged out when I saw how many servers there are. Hopefully the population doesn't get spread too thin.