Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alduinsm's Avatar


Alduinsm
06.04.2013 , 11:01 PM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by MacrossMan View Post
1800 CC FOR EACH CHARACTER?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

*** Bioware.... your subscribers are keeping this game afloat.. what is the value proposition in being a subscriber... i'm sorry but this game is tanking....

Recycled content as nightmare ops?
Zero meaningful PVP updates in 10+ months?
Lack of Group Finder for a LONG TIME
Consolidated Story Line
The failed bolster experiment
The failed open world pvp experiment
Dyes are not content upgrades to meet the 8 week content update cadence

To all the people that are gonna hate on this comment... look around... 2.5 million bought this game. How many still play...

Everyone needs to chime in on this and voice your displeasure with Bioware and ask them... what the heck do subscribers get?? Not even a deal on multiple characters.

And that argument that the "other game" charges more does not hold water... this game doesn't have the same population, market share, and content. That "other game" is a premium game, and this game should realize that is it not even in the same league as the "other game" to charge for this like Bioware is.
WOW is not the only other game. Swtor's transfer costs is lower than the industry standard and also don't forget that Swtor is the 2nd largest subscription MMO in Western.
  • Lord of the Rings Online: $24.95 / €21.95 / £18.95 / 2,995 Turbine Points
  • World of Warcraft: $25 / 20€ / £15
  • Everquest II: 2500 SC ($25 USD)
  • Guild Wars 2: $22 (1800 gems)
  • Swtor: 1800 CC (~$15 USD) or Free in 3-4 months for subscribers.
Shin

pooks's Avatar


pooks
06.04.2013 , 11:31 PM | #242
So piss poor server management will make them rich this way at subscriber's expense. I had to re-roll on 2 other servers because of unplayable desert barren servers and now I have to pay for their mismanagement -- epic PR failure move on EA's part.
Subs should get 1 free legacy family tree transfer. Period.
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

Sziroten's Avatar


Sziroten
06.04.2013 , 11:35 PM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?
Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?
Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric
While I didn't plan on moving..... the guild issue existed already when you merged server however you at least gave the options to guild leaders to contact you and get guildbanks restored. Is this gonna work as well?

Also.... subscriber charging the same price as f2p player undervalues subscriptions again... and I thought you wanted to address this.
T3-M4 (former-Exar Kun)
Tark/Merk, Immacolata, Psychlon, Vorov, Zhadow, Kahum, Shee'la, Homeopathy
Bessel , Mercenary, Spetnaz, Shaa'li, Widir

hages's Avatar


hages
06.05.2013 , 12:04 AM | #244
To be fair. I had to move to another server because of server merges.They should at least allow one free char move for all the players that they forced to move before.
But if not i will have to pay with cc to bring all my chars togetter.
Either way i am glad that server transfers are coming soon.
nothings as good as an cold cold beer...and swtor to play drunk

TheRealFluffy's Avatar


TheRealFluffy
06.05.2013 , 01:25 AM | #245
So... I purchased extra character slots on Dalborra. Server closing is not my choice, and I must move my characters. But you're only giving me 12 character slots on Harbinger. Please fix.

Feztonio's Avatar


Feztonio
06.05.2013 , 01:53 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Alduinsm View Post
WOW is not the only other game. Swtor's transfer costs is lower than the industry standard and also don't forget that Swtor is the 2nd largest subscription MMO in Western.
  • Lord of the Rings Online: $24.95 / €21.95 / £18.95 / 2,995 Turbine Points
  • World of Warcraft: $25 / 20€ / £15
  • Everquest II: 2500 SC ($25 USD)
  • Guild Wars 2: $22 (1800 gems)
  • Swtor: 1800 CC (~$15 USD) or Free in 3-4 months for subscribers.
on the other side of the coin Rift is absolutely free and you can transfer as much as you want. it's quite nice really see which servers have high pop when you log in.. transfer whatever toon you want to that "shard" (server) and you may commence face-melting !

plus.. where do you get the free in 3-4 months for subscribers? and if it's true how ****** that BW is going to try to even milk off more subscriber money to do transfers unless you want to wait til the xmas season lol. what a B.S. gouging of subscribers. glad my 15 bucks a month purchases me as many wz's as i want and 2 extra skill bars.. ooooh how F'ing valued I feel
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

MAMFTF's Avatar


MAMFTF
06.05.2013 , 01:57 AM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealFluffy View Post
So... I purchased extra character slots on Dalborra. Server closing is not my choice, and I must move my characters. But you're only giving me 12 character slots on Harbinger. Please fix.
All fixed

When you purchased Character Slots on Dalborra, you also purchased Character Slots on every other Server,
since the Cartel Character Slot unlock is Account wide, not just Server to Server

Alduinsm's Avatar


Alduinsm
06.05.2013 , 02:03 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
on the other side of the coin Rift is absolutely free and you can transfer as much as you want. it's quite nice really see which servers have high pop when you log in.. transfer whatever toon you want to that "shard" (server) and you may commence face-melting !

plus.. where do you get the free in 3-4 months for subscribers? and if it's true how ****** that BW is going to try to even milk off more subscriber money to do transfers unless you want to wait til the xmas season lol. what a B.S. gouging of subscribers. glad my 15 bucks a month purchases me as many wz's as i want and 2 extra skill bars.. ooooh how F'ing valued I feel
500-600 CC each month for subscribers.
Shin

Markuswaters's Avatar


Markuswaters
06.05.2013 , 02:42 AM | #249
Ok, so I just did the math on this and am even more confused as to why people are whining.

Here's the breakdown:

Regular Rate:
2400 Cartel Coins = $20
(used since this is the lowest amount that completely covers the Transfer)
At a rate of 120 CC = $1
1800/120 = $15
1 Transfer costs roughly $15 for non-subscribers.

Subscriber Rate:
600 Cartel Coins (subscriber allowance)
+
2400 Cartel Coins = $20
(used since this is the lowest amount that completely covers the Transfer)
At a rate of 120 CC = $1

1800-600=1200
1200/120= $10

1 Transfer costs roughly $10 for subscribers.


RESULTS:

Regular: $15
Subscriber: $10

Subscribers get a potential 33% discount on their 1st transfer of the month.
Even better! If you're a patient subscriber and don't spend the remaining 1200 CC then you get the same rate for the next month with no additional $$$ spent.

If I'm wrong, please show me the error in my math.

EDIT: Corrected a TON of typos...
"Sic vis pacem para bellum." -Latin Proverb

Thorrbert's Avatar


Thorrbert
06.05.2013 , 03:43 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.
[
Question about the Legacy name: The level of my legacy on the source server is higher, but I prefer the new legacy name on the destination server. Since the higher level legacy will take precedence, i fear I will end up with the old legacy name I don´t like anymore. Is there any chance to choose the name, or to rename the legacy after the char transfer?