Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jonoku
06.04.2013 , 12:46 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Oophy View Post
Thanks for the info. What happens with reputations? If I'm transferring a toon with a legacy to another server with a legacy, Will the highest rep be kept? Will they be added together? Is it possible to lose that rep on the destination server/legacy? Specifically I'm referring to contraband resale rep, and the citizens of makeb rep.

An example, I'm planning on transferring a toon with both of those reps at lower levels than the destination server/legacy. What will the reps be when that toon arrives?
I'm probably not gonna help but as far as I know or at least I think I know....
Regardless, the higher level legacy replaces the lower level legacy.

tanktest
06.04.2013 , 12:47 PM | #162
I'm not gonna link my post no point in fact I wish could delete it , I did look before I made one, would stayed with this one had it poped up in a search . ..

but

Is the first one still free I read a while back or was that just for the ones going today ?

no I don't have a issues paying for it . will be glad to pay for it .

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.
-eric

LetoAtreidesII
06.04.2013 , 12:48 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I seriously doubt they'd place any restrictions on what kind of server you can move to, it wouldn't serve any good purpose, and obviously they are technically capable since they're allowing APAC people to go wherever they want.
Never assume anything. And they'd be wise to place restrictions IMO. It'll mean the death of PvP on all servers except Bastion and Pot5 if they don't.

frtommy
06.04.2013 , 12:48 PM | #164
Thank you for the reply.
But i have some question.
I have like 10 toons to transfer. I hope u will do a group transfer thing. Coz i don't like pay 300€
If u think u will do in 2.2 or 2.3, i'll wait to transfer all my toons.

Last question, I'm from PVE-The Red Eclipse-EU, and want to go to PvP-Tomb of Freedom Nadd-EU.
Can i do ? or just From a PvE to another PvE ?

Thank you.
Bye bye.
frtommy 60 Marauder - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - Bulldňzer 60 Juggernaut - Greenfiel 60 Sorcer
Cortese 60 Sentinel - Morte-consumpti 60 Sage

Jonoku
06.04.2013 , 12:51 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Gwena View Post
There is one thing I am wondering about names, though. You mention that if your character's name is taken "by another player", you will have to rename. But I have two versions of the same character on different servers, with the same name -- does that mean I will have to rename the version that is on my "destination" server, instead of the character that I am transferring? I'm also wondering about this because I have made a couple of placeholder characters to save the names of certain characters I plan to transfer, and this has me wondering if I should delete these placeholders before I do the transfers or if the characters I am transferring over will get to keep their names anyway.
Good Question
I just want to say keep up the questions because its helping everyone else that might have the same question in mind

Good Job All

Jonoku
06.04.2013 , 12:53 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by frtommy View Post
Thank you for the reply.
But i have some question.
I have like 10 toons to transfer. I hope u will do a group transfer thing. Coz i don't like pay 300€
If u think u will do in 2.2 or 2.3, i'll wait to transfer all my toons.

Last question, I'm from PVE-The Red Eclipse-EU, and want to go to PvP-Tomb of Freedom Nadd-EU.
Can i do ? or just From a PvE to another PvE ?

Thank you.
Bye bye.
Paid Transfers are unrestricted. Go where you want.

LetoAtreidesII
06.04.2013 , 12:54 PM | #167
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Paid Transfers are unrestricted. Go where you want.
How do you know this? I'd like to see a dev confirm this.

Jonoku
06.04.2013 , 12:56 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by LetoAtreidesII View Post
Never assume anything. And they'd be wise to place restrictions IMO. It'll mean the death of PvP on all servers except Bastion and Pot5 if they don't.
If they added restrictions there wouldn't be paid transfers but rather free transfers. I think your a minority with that dictator mind set.

Read the Transfer FAQ and look up Paid Transfers. Stop whining because you aren't allowed to trap everyone on the island like North Korea.

tanktest
06.04.2013 , 12:58 PM | #169
ALSO log in to your account click the link to charater transfers there is some limits that apply and by the looks of them will go live on the 11th or about .. .

Jonoku
06.04.2013 , 12:59 PM | #170
Quote: Originally Posted by tanktest View Post
ALSO log in to account click the link to charater transfers there is some limits that apply and by the looks of them will go live on the 11th or about .. .
That's regarding the merges not the Paid Transfers bud