Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Server Transfers, 11 Months Later...
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

kaiadtheforgiven
05.25.2013 , 12:52 AM | #121
what i am wondering is whether or not the price of it is going to be high, i'm hoping nothing like... say $10.00 ? if they could make it 1000 CC for those that wanna use their Cartel Coins. Although wondering when the exact date of this release is going to be instead of crossing my fingers and having it pushed backwards due to some dumb bug.

:/

SavingPrincess
05.25.2013 , 01:02 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by kaiadtheforgiven View Post
what i am wondering is whether or not the price of it is going to be high, i'm hoping nothing like... say $10.00 ? if they could make it 1000 CC for those that wanna use their Cartel Coins. Although wondering when the exact date of this release is going to be instead of crossing my fingers and having it pushed backwards due to some dumb bug.

:/
I'm gonna guess if the name change is 1000cc, the character transfer will likely be a LOT more.

Also, I wonder how legacy unlocks will work with character transfers? If you bring over your character to a new server, will all your legacy and character unlocks retain?
"...everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine--we're all fine here... now. Thank you.... How are you?"

kaiadtheforgiven
05.25.2013 , 01:29 AM | #123
i bet they won't it'll be the one that they transfer too that'll keep the legacy. i.e. my assassin 12legacy xfers to my BH from another server with 7legacy. the legacy will still be 7 even for the assassin. although its gunna suck if its really expensive for the character transfer...ugh

Khoreal
05.25.2013 , 02:54 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Sevryn View Post
I hope they keep it simple. $25 per character transfer seems to be the accepted standard model. This would be a good choice, as it would prevent a sudden lopsided flood of character drain on any given server. With the exception of guild transfers, it seems most of us really only have 1 - 4 toons we would like to transfer.
I agree with this, $25 per character would be convenient.

mpdugas
05.25.2013 , 05:23 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Why you so bitter, bro? You know that's not how it's going to work.

If your goal is to spread hate, there are places to spread hate further and wider than you ever could on this little old forum.

I saw this as sarcasm, not bitterness...and probably closer to the truth than I'd like, too.

mpdugas
05.25.2013 , 05:25 AM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by SavingPrincess View Post
I'm gonna guess if the name change is 1000cc, the character transfer will likely be a LOT more.

Also, I wonder how legacy unlocks will work with character transfers? If you bring over your character to a new server, will all your legacy and character unlocks retain?
I'm planning on moving characters from the lower Legacy to the higher one...if we have that choice, of course.

avimeso
05.25.2013 , 05:25 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It is absolutely still our plan to have character transfers hit in 2.2. The Summer plan was specifically our content plan, so it didn't seem like a good place to mention a convenience feature like transfers. Don't worry, nothing changed, I will tell you if anything does!

-eric
Eric with the free APAC transfers will users be able to transfer to East US servers if they wish?
I have a mate that's been wanting me to play on his server for a long time.

mpdugas
05.25.2013 , 05:28 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Nostramas View Post
The Correct phrasing is "Champing at the bit"
"One definition of bit is a metal mouthpiece used for controlling a horse, and one definition of champ is to bite or chew noisily. These are the senses meant in the idiom champing at the bit, which refers to the tendency of some horses to chew on the bit when impatient or eager. In its figurative sense, it means to show impatience while delayed, or just to be eager to start.

The idiom is usually written chomping at the bit, and some people consider this spelling wrong. But chomp can also mean to bite or chew noisily (though chomped things are often eaten, while champed things are not), so chomp at the bit means roughly the same as champ at the bit.

In fact, chomp, which began as a variant of champ, is alive in English while the biting-related sense of champ is dead outside this idiom, so itís no wonder that chomping at the bit is about 20 times as common as champing at the bit on the web. Champing at the bit can sound funny to people who arenít familiar with the idiom or the obsolete sense of champ, while most English speakers can infer the meaning of chomping at the bit.

Still, if youíre writing for school or for readers who are versed in English, champing at the bit is probably the safer choice."

from the Grammar Police on the Internet...

mpdugas
05.25.2013 , 05:30 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Relax...they've already said that 2.2 will be a content patch. People have been crying over paid transfers for months and now that they are finally getting them, you're giving BW a hard time about adding the transfers? Some of you people are unbelievable, lol.
Thank goodness we all aren't though, so there IS hope!

Jandi
05.25.2013 , 08:02 AM | #130
I would like to know if our legacy moves with a character or if it stays on the origin server. Or if you have some sort of "legacy transfer" planned. Or if you have a shred of decency about YOUR mess with the servers to allow one free transfer.

I'm not on an APAC server but I did roll on an ENGLISH speaking server and ToFN is most certainly not English speaking. But I guess BW doesn't care and will just expect us to fork out 25x12e as a thank you for paying and playing the game since launch eh?