Best way to make money in SWTOR and how?

Lycaonx

The best advice that I can give is get to max level first and then focus on making money. That being said, if you want to make money at you level the best way would be to drop armor and pick up bioanaylsis and sell that mats that you pick up. Also don't buy evey new ability that you get at each new level you don't need to constitly update all of them, also use the planetary comms to buy new gear from the vendors, only buy new gear with credits when needed.

New player forum, there's no need to troll here.

OT: Best way to make money is just do all the quests you can on your way to 50/55 and only spend what you need. Take crew skills and gather nodes on your way there also. Once at high level you can do daillies for a decent amount of credits and/or craft, or just sell the materials you've collected.

Set your preferences to automatically loot everything upon clicking. Just vendor all the trash items you get, you'll build up credits fast.

If you have irl money you can buy in-game items and sell them on the market for a decent amount of credits also.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

Seriously though, in all honesty, money making does not kick in before the level cap. If you are having trouble "making ends meet:"

- take on more quests, the rewards are usually sufficient to cover all necessary expenses

- do not spend your credits frivolously, buying stuff off the GTM (or vendors) at level 20 is silly since it won't last very long. What you get from quest rewards and in the field (random drops) and from planetary commendations vendors should be good enough to get to through the content.

- make sure that your inventory is as empty as possible before you venture out. Doing so will allow you to pick more random drops that you can sell to a vendor.

- vendor everything you won't use for your character or a companion. Yes, trying to sell stuff on the GTM will net you more credits, but that is only IF you sell the item. Selling items you do not need to a vendor is guaranteed credits.

- lastly your crew skill combination is sorely lacking. Slicing is OK, but archeology and armormech don't mix - archeology feeds synthweaving and artifice not armormech; armormech needs scavenging to feed it. Either dump archeology for scavenging or dump armormech for synthweaving or artifice so you can feed your own crafting skill.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

- lastly your crew skill combination is sorely lacking. Slicing is OK, but archeology and armormech don't mix - archeology feeds synthweaving and artifice not armormech; armormech needs scavenging to feed it. Either dump archeology for scavenging or dump armormech for synthweaving or artifice so you can feed your own crafting skill.

Since he is a JK i would recommend getting rid of Armormech since he cant use gear from it, and only two of his comps can use gear from it.

Also don't buy evey new ability that you get at each new level you don't need to constitly update all of them

Do buy the updated versions of abilities. They are better versions than the old and will help you survive better, kill better and kill faster. Dieng costs allot of credits. The only one I could see not updating would be speeder piloting,

Do buy the updated versions of abilities. They are better versions than the old and will help you survive better, kill better and kill faster. Dieng costs allot of credits. The only one I could see not updating would be speeder piloting,

Agree

You could ignore crew skills entirely, and if you were to kill AND loot every mob for your missions and sold everything, including grey loot to the vendor you could still make enough creds to train all abilities. Now if you are going to skip training an ability, then skip speeder training 2 and/or speeder training 3. The speed increase is barely noticable, but the price is.

What he probably means is, don't buy the abilities that you do not use. I'm not familiar with the Jedi Knight ACs, but in most classes there are abilities that belong to the base class but are really only useful for one of the ACs, so if you're the other, you don't really need to upgrade them.

I always take slicing or archeology or bioanalysis for at least one of my crew skills. This way i can make a little extra cash on the side picking up stuff and selling them. It does seem to take quite some time to make anything but there are some good suggestions on here about how to conserve cash.

I find it easy earning money in SWTOR. I just got my first one week old toon to lvl 22.

At 20 I hade 100k and now att 22 I have 220k. And that is after gear-shopping at the GTN and the mount for 8k.

I googled guides ande resources and looked at my crewskill criticals. I got underworld trading and treasure hunting and they are easy to make money off...i dont even have to try - my companion does it all. :p

Gems and metal sell very well and if you get purples the the money just flow in. If I hade my companion away all the time I would have a million by now for sure...I just send her now and then. Just got treasure hunting to a 100.

Guess Ill have a million before 30 though :)

Good luck!

The best way imho is:

1) don't go for the expensive skills like Synthweaving or Armormech- they take a lot of schematics to be really useful and schematics cost credits. You're better off just buying your orange pieces for now.

2) don't level your crafting skill just yet. Wait. Gather the mats to 99 a few times and sell those at the GTN paying attention to which ones sell for a profit. The markets go up and down so, you have to be patient. In other words, if it's not selling for enough now, come back in a while, you may be able to sell it for a profit later. Case in point? I finally managed to sell off a bunch of Fire Nodes I have been sitting on for over a month- but they did finally sell for more than it took for me to collect them. You'll start to get a feel for what sells and what doesn't if you keep checking back with the GTN periodically (I always check in once when I log in and again when I log off)

3) Orange pieces you can get on the cheap are your best buddies. They'll allow you to spend your commendations on modifications- or take modifications as a part of your reward keeping you a bit more on even keel equipment-wise without too much out of pocket creds. So, check the equipment commendations vendors too.

4) When you get enough companions to do so comfortably, spend some time just gathering and selling. I did mine on my first character while I was making dinner. Made a small fortune in rubats and low level artifacts. Just remember that you're going to be making a small profit at first. 30k here, 25k there. Those profits will increase as you get up in levels but you have to start small.

5) Pick up a couple of things from the GTN. Packs right now on my server generally sell for about 300k unopened if you don't want to waste time with taking a chance. Other items can sell for a pretty penny as well. Just run a search on what you're looking at before you buy it for the CCs to know if your getting a decent return on your investment.

And... that's about all I can think of for now. Hope it helps! :cool:

• 2 months later...
Hello. Everyone

Im a lvl 20 jedi Guardian i was wondering if anyone was willing to help me out how to. make money in SWTOR. i got Slicling. and Archlogy and armor

This happened to me a couple times on the journey to lvl 55 as a merc and my way is:

-Kill lots of ppl and pick up all goods and sell or use them

-Do lots and lots of missions

- third and most important DO NOT WASTE THE MONEY

hoped i helped:rak_03:

I find it easy earning money in SWTOR. I just got my first one week old toon to lvl 22.

At 20 I hade 100k and now att 22 I have 220k. And that is after gear-shopping at the GTN and the mount for 8k.

I googled guides ande resources and looked at my crewskill criticals. I got underworld trading and treasure hunting and they are easy to make money off...i dont even have to try - my companion does it all. :p

Gems and metal sell very well and if you get purples the the money just flow in. If I hade my companion away all the time I would have a million by now for sure...I just send her now and then. Just got treasure hunting to a 100.

Guess Ill have a million before 30 though :)

Good luck!

^^ THIS!!

A lot of uninformed nit-wits on this thread already, but this guy has it. Add scavenging and you've got yourself a money making machine. Mats always sell, and of the green mats (scavenging, bioanalysis, archeology) scavenging has both good return on time spent, and is infinitely farmable in heroic zones and flashpoints.

Your crew skills aren't synergistic. Arch and Armor do not go together. At a minimum drop Armor and pick up Synthweaving. Or drop Arch and pick up scav. But armor/synth crafting looses it's luster very quickly, it isn't something you will really ever profit from.

If you are looking for credits while you level you have a few options and a few general rules.

Do not spend credits on anything at a vendor/GTN. The game will give you everything you need to reach level 55. Do the planetary heroics/flashpoints to upgrade your gear, purchase blue mods with planetary comms to upgrade what you don't get from questing. Keep in mind, everything is designed to be done in greens at the appropriate level.

Since you won't get a healer companion for a while, you might need to buy some medpacks, but that's all you should ever need to purchase. If you are crew skilled in biochem/bioanalysis/dip you can make these yourself.

Option: Drop your current crew skills and pick up 3 gathering skills. You can harvest 3 types of mats and sell them on the GTN.

In all honesty though, don't expect to start seeing any real money until your late 40s. At level 50 you can do dailies on Belsavis (planet and section x), Ilum and Corellia. These four quest-lines can net you about 500k per day.

Edited by ekwalizer

There's an article on the crew skills forum that gives the bonuses each companion has. For pure money skills you can go for slicing, archaeology and treasure hunting. Especially at lvl 20. T7 has a crit bonus to slicing and Kira has one to treasure hunting.

I do try selling green and blue items on the gtn at least once before vendoring. The default price is usually 2-3 times higher than the vendor and if it sells, fine, otherwise, vendor it when it comes back in the mail.

Otherwise, check the GTN and try to see how things sell. Grade 1-3 mats can sell for quite a bit in some skill areas. Companion gifts can sell very well.

I am new to the game so I picked armstech and armourtech as my first 2 toon's crating skills think that they would be useful while levelling, but I have come to realise now that especially on your first toon (maybe on your 2 and aswell) it is better to go for the 2 main gathering skills that you can also collect from nodes in the game scavenging and slicing aswell as doing the actual missions, and also Underworld trading would now in hindsight been my first choice skills.

Slicing gives you a guaranteed steady increase in income as you level up as to slice lockboxes and terminals on planets giving you free credits. It is surprising how much you build up your credits with this skill simply by stopping off as you go along to slice boxes you see. You don't have to go out your way there is enough lying around close to mission objectives to keep you going, it's free credits really without much effort.

Scavenging again you can collect base metals from scrap heaps as you go along aswell as missions for the compounds would sell half on GTN as metals / compounds are needed by alot of different crafts so always in demand, You don't make huge sums but you gain enough metal mats to make a steady income. Keep the other half of what you scavenge in your hold as you then reap the benefits then on later alts when you do pick up an actual crating skill as you can feed that craft quickly with all those metals you have saved on your first toon.

Underworld trading is also another that is quite useful as you pick up underworld metals which you often need for the blue and purple schematics on top of the normal metals. Again save half for later toon's sell half on GTN for another steady income stream. You also get luxury fabrics but these are not in demand as underworld metals are but can still sell O.K. Higher ranked Companion gifts that you get from this skill are also useful for yourself to get your companion affection up. You also get a crit chance to get schematics which you can also sell on.

Apart from these crew skill choices above my advise is basically avoid spending on any armour or arms on GTN unless absolutely required to fill a gap , as you tend to gain enough from loot as you level. Use a full moddable set for yourself and select comm rewards in the main on quest reward to get enough comms to upgrade every 4 levels. Companions are fine in level appropriate greens and blues. You may need to buy the odd earpiece or implant on GTN but not much else really. Avoid wasting money buying fluff items that add no combat benefit.

Repair you gear often as the less damage there is the less the repair cost. If you’re in full moddable gear and you leave a repair until your armour is degrading to low level the cost is quite large. So repair often whenever you pass a repair droid to get in the habit, an in-field account wide repair droid is a good long term investment from legacy perks to ensure this.

Loot all mobs for credits even the weaks, O.k 100 credits from a weak mob loot is not alot and it may seem a tedious thing to do all the time but think on how many mobs you actually kill on planet it all builds up and this will more than cover your travel and regular repair costs .

Look out fro treasure chests aswell as they usually have a few thousand credits in them.

Other than that yes just do most quest as you go along and don’t waste money on things you really don’t need.

;)

Edited by NOTACTICS

If you're not wedded to the idea of crafting, you can take three gathering skills. Pick up all the materials that you can while questing and sell them on the GTN. Some materials that you can find lying around out the world sell for a surprisingly large amount on the GTN. If you do this, and you buy/level your equipment primarily through planetary commendations, you should never be strapped for cash. By the time I reached level 55, I had ~1.5 million credits on hand, which had been acquired primarily through selling materials (though also just from progressing normally through the game).

Keep in mind, though, that gathering and selling on the GTN takes some time, a little effort and involves opportunity costs. I personally don't mind this, but your mileage may vary!

Edited by CmdrShpd

• 7 months later...

:csw_speeder::csw_guard::csw_guard: hi I have been playing this game for a while and I have found out a few ways to make money the first way is finding is much purple items as you can the purple items so for the most money but at level 20 purple items may be hard to find but if you happen to come across one sell it in the GTN for example augmentsa lot of those are purple because you are level 20 you don't need to worry about augments so be a great idea to sell them in the GTN and make a few thousand

the other way is your crew skills you have slicing slicing is money right there you have missions to Send Companion i

on a lot of the slicing missions bring back lock boxes those usually have more money than it cost to send them on the mission so you will be making money that's just my technique slicing has made me plenty of money from levels11 to 30 after that the missions that you seen your companions on take at much longer and it is not really worth it but by then you are high enough level to make money by exploring

When you get to max lvl even the junk you get from killing mobs tends to sell for a few hundred creds( add in the occasional green item which can be sold for 1200-1800 creds) and you can get 100k in like an hour just by selling junk looted from mobs( addin quests and selling the rewards you don't need and well not bad a bad way to make some good money by casually playing the game)