Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if we could change our companions appearance using the kiosk?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What if we could change our companions appearance using the kiosk?

LordArtemis
05.20.2013 , 05:58 AM | #1
I think this could be one way that the kiosk would be a bit more appealing. If it could be used to change our companions appearance.

The best option would be to have all possible features that would work...obviously humaniod companions would have more options. Perhaps the current companion customization items can remain as free easy customizations....well, lets see.

A few ways this could be done.

1) Standard customization items that can be applied just like drop ins. Current drop ins work as an easy credit cost item and probably should remain as is.

2) Regular character customizations with extra options...all available options that could work. Naturally some items would not work on certain companions, so the list could be modified for items that can be changed. You would have the opportunity to have a truly unique look to your comp. Race change would probably be the only feature that would not be available in general.

I expect this is something that folks would be willing to pay CC for.

Tachenko_Yuri
05.20.2013 , 06:03 AM | #2
Looks like this forum isn't entirely devoid of intelligent life forms.

Good idea.

LordArtemis
05.20.2013 , 12:21 PM | #3
Thanks. I really didnt want to invalidate the work already done with companion appearance customization, and since this would probably cost CC coins there is a still a need for the block appearance...it is either a mission reward or costs EC on a vendor, so that works.

Those that are willing to pony up some CC can alter their companion's appearance dramatically.

tausser
05.20.2013 , 07:42 PM | #4
So, not only could Doc (or Tharan) and I dress exactly alike but we could look exactly alike too?

That would be awesome!

But how would people tell us apart then?
It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

Suromir
05.20.2013 , 09:47 PM | #5
I suggested this awhile back, shortly after the game went live.

just a way to customize the companion then it would save it as a "customization kit" that you put in the normal slot..have it cost credits of course...now with the CM...Bio could even make money off it.

so yah..definately something I'd want to see. Though..I'm sure it'll be CC only if it ever does come to be

Rankyn
05.20.2013 , 10:15 PM | #6
My guess is because companions do not have the same customization data that player characters have.
They have X number of pre-determined appearances and I'm pretty sure it would be a massive undertaking to change that.

Imagine all the lag that would generate in crowded places, too.
I mean, now not only would you have to download data about which companion it is and which customization they're wearing but your client would have to process all 8 or 9 of their physical parameters too.
You would effectively double the amount of player character data your client has to render any time you looked in the direction of someone and their companion.

LordArtemis
05.21.2013 , 05:21 AM | #7
I don't know. Right now your systems already have to account for all of the different appearances since they are set into customization sets that you drop into slots on companions. Having at least those options available would not be any more than what is loading right now IMO.