Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith Pureblood equals slave?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith Pureblood equals slave?

ZeonsGhost
12.21.2011 , 11:31 AM | #11
The irony is that the Sith Purebloods of this period...are almost exclusively decedents of human/Sith hybrids. Evan as far back as the Great Hyperspace War, the Sith had been interbreeding with humans for a long time already.

So, Blood Purity my shiny metal arse.

Natarii
12.21.2011 , 02:29 PM | #12
I just have 2 points to add to this thread.

1) In the Empire, humans are the dominant race, and every other race is considered 'aliens,' including even the purebloods, although purebloods do get a little more respect being Sith and all, not to mention, all current 'Purebloods' are actually Human/Sith hybrids.

2) It is clearly stated on the SWTOR lore here in the race descriptions and elsewhere that ancient sith (race) society was segrated into a very rigid caste system with Lords and Nobles, Commoners, and yes, Slaves.

Starting a pureblood as a low-caste sith pureblood does not break lore, nor does it go against anything the Empire stands for.
Dark Lord of Altaholics Anonymous
Sword of Ajunta Pall - Sith Empire

bloodygustav
12.21.2011 , 02:50 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by LeftHandTwin View Post
This is a matter of confusion for me however as I look exactly the same as "Fash" is it? The Sith Pureblood acolyte that your instructor favours. There are other moments when side quests add to my growing confusion. The security guy asks if I am a traitor to the empire and enquires whether I am Sith enough despite obviously being Pureblood. Not to mention Lord whats-his-face the Sith Pureblood at the giant pyramid in the Academy calls into question my Sith lineage depsite being Pureblood.
Fash? It's Ffon. And it's not just aesthetics that play a part in determining class.
Jen'jidai, Jung Ma server
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
☠ Kazimir | Knight | Assassin ☠
The blade of the eclipse and harbinger of death

Daraco
12.21.2011 , 05:01 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by LeftHandTwin View Post
Now I claim no affinity for the lore of the universe but perhaps someone could give me an explanation for why in the Sith Inquisitor storyline it has been deemed a worthwhile pursuit to have Sith Pureblood characters start off as a slave the equal of a Twi'lek or human?
One of the opening chapters of the Book Reven has a nice break down of how/why this is possible. Usually when the pureblood has no connection to the force, but Basically the family mad some major mistakes and just because your a pureblood, doesn't mean you could never be a slave.

FlashbackJon
12.21.2011 , 06:26 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by bloodygustav View Post
Fash? It's Ffon. And it's not just aesthetics that play a part in determining class.
Basically, this. What's-his-face isn't judging you because you're a red guy (thereby making him a hypocrite), he's judging you because somehow you became a slave.
Adoko Kooba, Sith Marauder
Republic Mercy Corps | Imperial Mercenary Corps

Explorer 80, Socializer 80, Achiever 33, Killer 7

Ashuran
12.21.2011 , 08:03 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Natarii View Post
I just have 2 points to add to this thread.

1) In the Empire, humans are the dominant race, and every other race is considered 'aliens,' including even the purebloods, although purebloods do get a little more respect being Sith and all, not to mention, all current 'Purebloods' are actually Human/Sith hybrids.

2) It is clearly stated on the SWTOR lore here in the race descriptions and elsewhere that ancient sith (race) society was segrated into a very rigid caste system with Lords and Nobles, Commoners, and yes, Slaves.

Starting a pureblood as a low-caste sith pureblood does not break lore, nor does it go against anything the Empire stands for.
Because this needed to be posted again for clarity.

Slavery existed before the dark jedi ever discovered the Sith people. That means Sith were slaves, yep. So being a 'Pureblood' slave is in no way, shape, or form, lore-breaking or out of theme.
Remember, only you can prevent GPU overheating by ensuring V-Sync is enabled every time you play the beta!

SNCommand
12.21.2011 , 08:08 PM | #17
It's because of a power grab done by one of your ancestors

Spoiler

It's not unheard of for Sith Purebloods to be slaves, they became in fact originally slaves to the first dark jedi that arrived on Korriban
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

darth_scyrone
12.21.2011 , 08:16 PM | #18
Why do people think a Sith cannot have pureblood?

"Hey, what's the race called again? Sith Pureblood? That must mean that it actually isn't pure."
The force is an iceberg and the lightside is only the tip.

Acushla
12.22.2011 , 08:52 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by darth_scyrone View Post
Why do people think a Sith cannot have pureblood?

"Hey, what's the race called again? Sith Pureblood? That must mean that it actually isn't pure."
not can't ... don't

according to posted storyline for this game Sith Pureblood is something of a contradiction. They are descendants of the Original Sith but all are Hybridized to a greater or Lesser extent.

I also noticed this, but have not played a second Sith Inquisitor of a different race to see if this is a class storyline issue or specific to a Sith Pureblood Inquisitor.

Edit: Having just rolled a Rat Inquisitor and a Sith Warrior I can say conclusively that the storyline writers made Inquisitors liberated slaves regardless of Race.

On that note, while there is nothing specific in lore to support Sith 'Purebloods' being slaves aside from basic Imperial cruelty neither does it specifically protect 'Purebloods' from being Victims

AbsolutGrndZero
12.23.2011 , 08:24 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SNCommand View Post
It's because of a power grab done by one of your ancestors

Spoiler

It's not unheard of for Sith Purebloods to be slaves, they became in fact originally slaves to the first dark jedi that arrived on Korriban
^^^^^ This. The spoiler explains it. Feel free to read it, or not. If you choose not to read it, then suffice it to say, this question will be answered in time as you play through the Sith Inquisitor storyline.
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain