Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Makeb shows why continuing class stories are necessary

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Makeb shows why continuing class stories are necessary

annabethchase
05.19.2013 , 05:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I don't think anyone would turn down more class story, I am simply pointing out that it's a fraction of the entire level tree where there is no class story right now.
True, but 1.5 years is plenty of time for most of us to level through a bunch of class stories. We also don't even have a target in mind of when more are coming. Will it be around the 2 year mark? 3 years in before we continue stories? This mmo has quite a sizeable population of non-end gamers who need the story aspect to justify continuing to invest in the game through subs/coins.
"Rossum Eponine" & assorted other characters

Damask_Rose
05.19.2013 , 05:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Gonna be a tightrope for the devs for sure.

As they move away from class stories the re-playability of the game will plummet to the ground.

Endgame, both pve and pvp, will require substantial beefing up to compensate. New ways to play and beefier/more regular updates. Ops need to come in tiers wow style and be tuned so they take even the best guild a decent amount of time to down them. PvP needs to stop being the one trick(wz) pony it is now. Etc. etc.
Beefing up endgame will only help part of the gaming population. There are many people, like myself, who don't do endgame. We play alts and we level. Class stores are the core and joy of leveling in SWtoR, and Makeb has shown that "faction" stories are not a good compromise.

Levity
05.19.2013 , 05:29 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
1-50 with class story.
51-55, no class story... everyone racing to cap.

I don't really see the problem. I know some people live for the story alone.. but still.. it's 5 levels of content sans class story, and 50 with. I still believe that class story arcs are going to return later.. probably expac 3 is my guess.

I don't think anyone would turn down more class story, I am simply pointing out that it's a fraction of the entire level tree where there is no class story right now.
The problem comes when there's another expansion, then another, then another, then you have 20 lvls of all the same boring "just want to hit lvl cap" type of questing. Hopefully they will go back to individual stories, because that is why SWTOR is iconic in the MMO industry. They broke the trend in the genre in that regard and really need to not let it die. That's one of the biggest turn ons for people when they play. Oh ...if I lvl an alt, there will be a whole different story and dialogue! It's unique.

SyphoFighter
05.19.2013 , 05:40 PM | #24
In all honesty, I would pay for just class story content. No war zones, no flash points. Just the ability to continue the story.

But considering its a MMO, I would expect the PvE and PvP content to be part of that package.

/signed
Darkside?.. what darkside? I AM THE DARKSIDE!

Machine-Elf
05.19.2013 , 05:44 PM | #25
/not signed

The not-class story in Makeb was better than any of the class-stories we got before.

ZirusZero
05.19.2013 , 05:59 PM | #26
/Signed
The legacies of the hero of tython, bar'senthor, champion of the great hunt, cipher nine, commander of Havoc, the void hound, Darth Nox, and the Emperor's wrath must continue in a meaningful way. This game's foundation was on specialized class stories and should stay that way.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Lithy
05.19.2013 , 05:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
/not signed

The not-class story in Makeb was better than any of the class-stories we got before.
Really? I found it way under par than even most of the other planet stories. Correllia? better planet story. Voss? MUCH better planet story. Most planets had better planet stories than Makeb, while Makeb wasn't bad it doesn't even reach the top 5 for me in planet faction stories. The stories fit Trooper and Agent best... but that still doesn't make them agent or trooper class stories, but for those 2 classes it's at least satisfactory.. consular...knight...bounty hunter...not at all.
Lithíum Hartshotte, Sniper
Exit Area

Tallianna Hartshotte, Gunslinger
Officer of Shadowed

SithKoriandr
05.19.2013 , 05:59 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
/not signed

Trolling? Or do you actually believe the non-sense you just typed up?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

justandulas
05.19.2013 , 06:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Trolling? Or do you actually believe the non-sense you just typed up?
Has to be trolling. The planetary stories of vanilla SWTOR were better than Makeb. Not only that, but what about all that world pvp they hyped up about Makeb? How Makeb would redefine world pvp in SWTOR? Dailies are not proper content. Deliver new class stories
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.
-Darth Justandulas

Hebruixe
05.19.2013 , 06:10 PM | #30
I wish there was some way to organize a petition. I bet most players would sign it. Maybe create a new thread asking for signatures and request a sticky? Do you think Bioware would pay attention to a petition?