Remove Raids from Swtor!

gabarooni

Get some involved compelling interacting with the world activities for people too do instead of killing the same guy over and over and over for new cloths while you ride on other players coat tails and call it skill! Bring back old style MMO gameplay! Interactive living breathing world(s) FTW!

Well, when I raid with my guildies we interact a lot. In fact, I enjoy the interaction during raids more than any other aspect of the game.

Besides, your obvious troll attempt is a failure just because it would never happen. May as well say get rid of leveling because it's mostly a solo endeavor and has no place in an MMO.

Get some involved compelling interacting with the world activities for people too do instead of killing the same guy over and over and over for new cloths while you ride on other players coat tails and call it skill! Bring back old style MMO gameplay! Interactive living breathing world(s) FTW!

Whew! Good thing we dont have raids... *goes off to participate in an operation*

And your suggestion to replace operations with is?

I have played MMOs since EQ1 and I seem to recall that most of the end game there was raiding or grouping to get AA points.

To be honest, an MMO designed to have activities that you can do over and over again is called getting good ROI on the dev time.

Essentially everything in this game and every other MMO is designed so you can do the activities over again, from leveling to PvP to raiding, etc.

In fact, if anything at all, the raid (operations) need to be made larger and more challenging for the devs to get better ROI on them, so the players don't burn the whole things down in a week. Currently, building better raids is honestly one of the biggest things this game needs to be focusing more attention on.

Lack of "raids" is why A LOT OF PLAYERS QUIT at launch. Now you want to pull the life-support plug completely?

Edited by Aelther

If an mmo doesn't have raids then I would not play it.

GW2 tried to be different and the fights are very simple and quite boring to play from the first time I tried killing one of their big dragons.

I think the problem with GW2's system is not the dynamic events themselves but the contribution scoring (especially vs someone with magic find gear) as well as the loot that drops on the harder bosses vs normal champs is not much different.

The actual idea of focusing on open world events rather than closed off dungeons is a step forward for MMO's, a system like that makes a game more social and benefits everyone, not just the 1% who want to say "I'm world first..."

You like to complain a lot huh? Why don't you go play the swgemu as this is obviously not the game for you. Its OK. It happens.

Um... when did this exist? How "old-school" are you talking about because I think you'd have to go back pretty far and then I think you wouldn't have the "Interactive living breathing world" that you're talking about.