Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

GTN Price Issues.

LinueDarkStar
05.19.2013 , 06:07 AM | #1
So I've been playing since launch, and the GTN is a constant low-ball the previous seller. I've seen it happening ever since the beginning. I realized here recently with the F2P influx that there is server wide issue with pricing items for sale on the GTN. I've stumbled players selling Armoring & Mods for a ridiculously low price. A Lvl 49 Prototype Might Mod 22A/B shouldn't be listed at 1,500 credits, or a Lvl 49 Artifact Might Mod 22A/B.

1. This is messing up the economy.
2. The seller is losing out on a significant amount of credits, simply based off how much it cost to send 1 companion, let alone all 5 companions, on a Grade 6 Underworld Metals mission to gather the needed resources.
3. For anyone doing this, you've gone full blown retarded.
4. ***?!
5. You're hosing over actual crafters in-game.

I can understand trying to make a quick credit, but when you post a Lvl 49 Prototype Might Mod 22A/B for 1,500 credits, you're losing a great deal of credits, and are only going to actually receive 1,100 credits or so. Which is nowhere close to what you have spent sending companions on 2-3K credit Crew Skill missions just to gather the resources.

I, frankly, find this to be completely and utterly asinine of players doing this. Why **** over your fellow players? Again, I can understand low balling by 500 credits here or there, but selling Armoring & Mods for dirty cheap, and essentially making no money in the process is full blown retarded to me. Let's police each other, and make it enjoyable to craft and sell much needed items on the GTN.
Linue DarkStar
Sergeant Major of Clan PF (SgtMajPF)
Clan Phoenix Fire Forums

-Holmes
05.19.2013 , 08:47 AM | #2
Let them lose the money, and once they're out, you out your **** up at the price you want.

Katzyk
05.19.2013 , 02:51 PM | #3
Its ruining the fun in that aspect of the game. Some people take great joy in the crafting/economy part of the game.
I'm not sure about today, I haven't checked yet, but in the last week I've seen Augments, Kits and Stims selling for below the cost to make them... Its ridiculous. Do people not actually look at how much they're spending in order to procure one of these items vs. what it they get back in return?
CambrÔa LUX Cymbeline
Desdemonš, Ramonš, ArÔš, Vivva, SÔren, IrÔs, Vioty, Vyi, Leucosia

GM of Wrath Of Xedrix

Pasture
05.20.2013 , 06:28 AM | #4
It really is annoying to be undercut by 50% or more, the biggest reason I stopped trying to make money crafting barrels. People kept undercutting by 500k or more when I had a perfectly reasonable price on my product (mats + 30%).

The only way to really stop the dirt-cheap listings though is to change the default sell amount (the 1500 for a 49 arti mod) to the lowest amount the same item is currently listed for. That's going to take a systems change on Bioware's part, and has nothing to do with the cartel market, so you can expect it sometime next decade if at all.

LinueDarkStar
05.20.2013 , 06:29 AM | #5
Clearly they don't. Or they're complete noobs. I've check today just on Mod 22's in general, and there's Prototype Mods going for 2,500, and Artifact Advanced Mods going for 6+K. It's like seriously?! IT hurts my head, and kills my fun playing the market. The GTN is always in influx, but when people are just trying to sell stuff, just to sell stuff, it murders the market.
Linue DarkStar
Sergeant Major of Clan PF (SgtMajPF)
Clan Phoenix Fire Forums

Moriganno
05.20.2013 , 10:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by LinueDarkStar View Post
Clearly they don't. Or they're complete noobs. I've check today just on Mod 22's in general, and there's Prototype Mods going for 2,500, and Artifact Advanced Mods going for 6+K. It's like seriously?! IT hurts my head, and kills my fun playing the market. The GTN is always in influx, but when people are just trying to sell stuff, just to sell stuff, it murders the market.
Is that the GTN price of the raw mats to make those items? I notice the trend is for ppl to make credits selling crits. If those crafted items make a huge profit, then everyone would be buying raw mats off the market and sell crafted items. This could be a form of balance, in form of crafting crits.

Eitetsu
05.20.2013 , 10:52 AM | #7
Guys, the thing with purple 22 level armorings and mods is that they are random drops (mobs, boxes, etc), as well as rewards from some old daily heroics. They didn't cost a dime to make. Just the player's time. This is why you see them on the GTN for dirt cheap. Because they ARE dirt cheap. For less than an hour of your time you can go get some from dailies.

NOW. Lower-level armorings and mods that don't necessarily appear as rewards are still valuable. Like 15, 18, 19 and so forth. Those are worth crafting and still fetch a pretty penny on a good day.
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; WeiŖreiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

tharbison
05.20.2013 , 01:05 PM | #8
There's also this clever thing called arbitrage! Buy the el cheapo whatever, then relist it at the 'right' price. You've corrected the market & are making a profit at the same time.

cuttothechase
05.20.2013 , 06:21 PM | #9
If someone is selling that low... buy it and re-sell it at the correct price.
They get the creds quickly, you make a profit off their laziness and get the market back in line with the correct value..if you cant be bothered to do this then don't whinge.

KarethRiker
05.21.2013 , 12:19 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Eitetsu View Post
Guys, the thing with purple 22 level armorings and mods is that they are random drops (mobs, boxes, etc), as well as rewards from some old daily heroics. They didn't cost a dime to make. Just the player's time. This is why you see them on the GTN for dirt cheap. Because they ARE dirt cheap. For less than an hour of your time you can go get some from dailies.

NOW. Lower-level armorings and mods that don't necessarily appear as rewards are still valuable. Like 15, 18, 19 and so forth. Those are worth crafting and still fetch a pretty penny on a good day.
This ^
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger