Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ashara Zavros gifts?

Karkais
01.03.2012 , 01:23 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by WoodyDave View Post
No need to go lightside. Just base your conversations around her likes, and dismiss her when a darkside decision needs to be made.
I have yet to have her lose any affection over darkside choices. And for example one case resulted in the death of couple shuttlefuls of republic civilians. In fact, I dont think I have had her get any negative affection yet at all. Rational dialog choices still produce +affection. I got about +75 iirc off some dialog choice.

ps. None of my dialogs have yet involved jedi, though.
"Their strength became my own. Their minds became my own. All flesh is my flesh. None move, save I will it. This is the rule the Sith were promised, and I have made it real!"
- From the codex of Karness Muur

bluumberry
01.03.2012 , 02:31 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Karkais View Post
I got about +75 iirc off some dialog choice.
75? Sounds kind of impossible when she either gives 40 or 102(or 109, keep mixing it up with Xalek) for non romance dialogue choices. (Unless I'm mistaken)

In any case personally I have no trouble picking dialogue choices for her instead the problem is that unless you romance her, she doesn't prefer any gifts. It's kind of pathetic when giving her a rank 5 blue gift she gives less points than a dialogue choice with her does. She should at least have one gift she likes no matter the gender of the player.

Environ
01.03.2012 , 03:03 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Tierce View Post
After I finished Quesh and finished the trip back to Korriban, I suddently started getting +96 affection for gifting the exact same rank 1 premium Republic Memorabilia that I had previously been getting +24 affection from. I initially thought like you state that there is some level you must get to in affection before she "lightens up" and gained affection from gifts similar to other companions I've had. However, I wasn't at any kind of plateau of affection, I had just a little more than 1900 (meaning I was in the 1800s before the first +96 gain).
I was just wondering, are you a male or female character?

I just ran into this problem myself, and it's very frustrating as I'm playing a light side female inquisitor and plan to use her as my main companion. Like you, I did everything on Quesh and got absolutely no affection gains or losses, even when my character said she'd chop a Jedi in half. This led me to think that once I progressed far enough into the story maybe something would happen and she would give me full affection for the gifts. Now I've landed on Hoth, and she's still giving 24 a piece for the republic memorabilia.

I guess I'll spend the extra time and money to get her up to 2000 with the rank 1 gifts, but my fear is that because I'm a female and can't romance her, I'll never be able to use gifts effectively even after rank 1.

Also, I've noticed multiple times now that on her portrait the "wishes to speak with you aboard your ship" icon pops up. It seems to randomly appear and disappear, and whenever I go back to my ship or a cantina, she has nothing to say. I'm not sure if that's a random bug I just hadn't noticed before with all companions, or if it has something to do with all this.

Drupac
01.03.2012 , 04:54 PM | #34
Her affection gains are reduced until you get to the first rank, then she decides you're alright and is easier to progress

You can buy rank 1 weapons at the fleet for 200 credits each and spam those to get past the 1st tough rank. Its painful but she makes a good dps companion if you don't mind sacrificing some dark/light side options to focus on making her like you.

Its ok if your main is female, after rank 1 Ashara gives the same affection for republic memorabilia as she does for courting items. Maybe courting items are more plentiful and cheaper than republic in GTN, but lots of people will sell their republic gifts too, much fewer companions want those on Imperial side.

Environ
01.03.2012 , 05:17 PM | #35
Well, I just got to rank 2 with her, talked to her on the ship again, and she's still only giving 24 affection for republic memorabilia (rank 2 ones now). She's at 2076 affection, and has no talking on the ship options.

At least now on Hoth I'm getting points from conversation with her. But still, I had saved up so many blue/epic republic memorabilia rank 4/5 tokens...

Onager
01.03.2012 , 05:30 PM | #36
I was just glad that I was a sith pureblood. I give her a purple rank 5 courting gift, and she's like 'Yep, that's certainly a gift' for 0 change in her affection.

P-P-P-PUNISH
[Emyr - Sage]+[Kack - Guardian] [Guildmaster - <Wight Trash>] [Drooga's Pleasure Barge]
PVE Healing guides! [Sage] [Sorcerer]

Heimskringla
01.03.2012 , 10:06 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
I was just glad that I was a sith pureblood. I give her a purple rank 5 courting gift, and she's like 'Yep, that's certainly a gift' for 0 change in her affection.

P-P-P-PUNISH
You can't give her courting gifts for +affection until after you have the first conversation with a flirt option. I wasted 3 rank 2 gifts before I realized that. It was around 1990 or 2048 affection that I got the conversation that opened up her options as far as gifts.
- I spent $149.95 on a video game with no release date, and all I got was the key to the executive washroom.

Archaon_Thrax
01.03.2012 , 10:09 PM | #38
You need to look at the rank of the companion gifts. I give her Republic Memorabilia and Cultural artifacts of rank 5 and it gave ~200 affection each time.

Don't use courting unless you romanced her (after the first kiss) or it won't do much.
I used to be Standard Edition, till I took a CE to the knee.
CE VIP since July 28th, 2011 @ 1:35 PM (GMT+1).

DJIzzy
01.03.2012 , 10:48 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarkane View Post
I maxed out affection with Ashara pretty quickly once I got past the initial phase. Remember, you're trying to convert a light side Jedi into following the path of the dark side Sith so she's going to be hesitant at first. As mentioned earlier, at first she'll only give +24, +36, etc affection. However, once you progress her storyline and make the right dialog decisions she'll start accepting your luxuries and courting gifts which will net +190 affection gain for a blue gift. Affection has levels like any other xp/rep in the game. Every 2000 affection = 1 rank. You receive 50% of the affection if the gift is a level below your companions current affection level and gifts over their current rank don't really provide any increased gain. Bottom line, give her time, make the right dialog choices, and soon you'll be able to power level her affection through blue weapon and courting gifts that match her current affection rank.
So what you're saying is...she's a woman? o.O

Environ
01.04.2012 , 06:01 PM | #40
Well I'm up to 4035 affection with her, on Belsavis at level 41 now, and she still gives a maximum of 24 affection for current rank (3) gifts. /sigh

On the bright side it seems like at this rate as long as I only use her during quests and never miss a conversation option that she likes, I'll be able to get her maxed someday anyway. I'm still curious if this is a bug or intended though, as well if all the classes have one companion like this or not.