Really now a days why can't soloers get end game comms from ...

gabarooni

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try to figure out why do u need those gear.

if u dont go to ops, u dont need it at all

This

If you don't want to do the end game group content, then why bother getting the gear when it will do you no good?

Lame excuse. Gear is the only way to progress your toon at endgame. Soloers don't want to just stop and wait for an expansion. God forbid people had a choice between how they wanted to advance. Raiders are so insecure about their gear they think that if people arent FORCED to raid no one will.

I think end game comms belong in end game content. I get plenty of comms from planetary heroics that I can run every day and load up on mods from the Makeb vendor. That's good enough I think for those that wish to solo heroic and flashpoint content.

After all...there has to be a reason to actually PARTICIPATE in end game content, other than perhaps the occasional "itch" for something new.

It has been my experience that most "soloers", or casual players if you will do not care that much about gear. So I'm not sure what target audience you would be referring to from my perspective.

Edited by LordArtemis

Heroic daily/weekly solo quests? Everyone wants to upgrade their toon at end game not just Raiders and if anything it would allow more people to do Raids if they wanted too.

Lame excuse. Gear is the only way to progress your toon at endgame. Soloers don't want to just stop and wait for an expansion. God forbid people had a choice between how they wanted to advance. Raiders are so insecure about their gear they think that if people arent FORCED to raid no one will.

While we're at it, I want to know why I can't get top tier PvP gear from the daily quests on Makeb. I mean, I never PvP but I WANT the gear!

Can anyone answer me that? :rolleyes:

Edited by DarthTHC

I love star wars but im getting ready to unsub (again) cause I have Nothing worthwhile to do at endgame. I want to keep being able to upgrade and progress my toon until the next expansion comes out but I don't want to be Forced to raid. Im a husband and a father I can't stand having my game time and experience be dependent on other players and I don't want to be glued to the computer chair for hours on end.

I know im not alone on this but unfortunatly most forum responders are raiders.

While we're at it, I want to know why I can't get top tier PvP gear from the daily quests on Makeb. I mean, I never PvP but I WANT the gear!

Can anyone answer me that? :rolleyes:

PvP is diffrent cause it's pvp. Endgame gear is classified as PvE gear which is more then just raiding. And I know im biased but I don't give a hell what pvpers get lol this is an RPG not a FPS.

I love star wars but im getting ready to unsub (again) cause I have Nothing worthwhile to do at endgame. I want to keep being able to upgrade and progress my toon until the next expansion comes out but I don't want to be Forced to raid. Im a husband and a father I can't stand having my game time and experience be dependent on other players and I don't want to be glued to the computer chair for hours on end.

I'm not a raider (any more).

Top-tier raid gear is there to help the top-tier raiders do top-tier raids.

If you never do raids, you don't need top-tier raid gear. There is nothing outside of raids that it will ever help you do. You can wtkpwn any PvE content with the gear you get from dailies, weeklies, and hard mode flash points.

Not lame at all. What do the mods do for you exactly? You obviously have up to the best mods for soloable PvE content with no desire to run group content.

So is it just to point to your character stats and say "I got them too!"? I mean, I understand the desire to get better mods, but it's not like you need them for regular PvE content, so that makes for a great inticement for the devs to get to play the MULTIPLAYER aspect.

No it isn't that raiders are insecure, it is the fact that this is a MMORPG. Yes there are more solo like aspects in this game then a lot of other MMOs but in the end you still need to group for most Heroic 4s, FPs and Raids. You are correct that gear is the only way to progress your toon in end game, but the end game for most MMOs are PvPing and Raiding. As stated before this is a massively multiplayer game.

Well, Im not a raider. But I did point out one way to upgrade your gear that would be more than sufficient for the content you do, in fact, intend to be involved in. It also provides a suitable gate for entry into end game raiding content if you decide for that.

You can get level 56 comms from the Makeb vendor when you purchase the expansion. This gives you gear that is more than capable of handling any solo content in the game at end game. Not to mention it will be good enough to get you into entry level raids for makeb if you, again, decide to go that route in the future.

I think end game comms belong in end game content. I get plenty of comms from planetary heroics that I can run every day and load up on mods from the Makeb vendor. That's good enough I think for those that wish to solo heroic and flashpoint content.

After all...there has to be a reason to actually PARTICIPATE in end game content, other than perhaps the occasional "itch" for something new.

It has been my experience that most "soloers", or casual players if you will do not care that much about gear. So I'm not sure what target audience you would be referring to from my perspective.

It's the same kind of gear you get from crafting only worse. I had it all within a day or two of reaching max lvl. Now because I dont raid my toon is stuck in unprogressive limbo till the next expansion. I have fun playing by myself and if group content wasent so forced I would enjoy that too. But why would I not want to keep making my Jedi Knight more and more powerful? I cant make him more powerful in the Force unfortunatly so new cloths is my only option.

No it isn't that raiders are insecure, it is the fact that this is a MMORPG. Yes there are more solo like aspects in this game then a lot of other MMOs but in the end you still need to group for most Heroic 4s, FPs and Raids. You are correct that gear is the only way to progress your toon in end game, but the end game for most MMOs are PvPing and Raiding. As stated before this is a massively multiplayer game.

Originally MMO's were about playing in a living breathing online world with its own economy and players that you can CHOOSE to interact with. Not FORCING people to group up to advance. MMO's were and should always be about choice. You should not be punished into zero content cause you don't want to follow a liner path hamster wheel.

That's not the definition of an MMO. Raiding and PVP does not define an MMO in any stretch of the imagination IMO. It is simply one aspect of modern MMOs and a popular one.

Lot's of folks playing at the same time in a progressive world interacting with each other...that's an MMO.

It's the same kind of gear you get from crafting only worse. I had it all within a day or two of reaching max lvl. Now because I dont raid my toon is stuck in unprogressive limbo till the next expansion. I have fun playing by myself and if group content wasent so forced I would enjoy that too. But why would I not want to keep making my Jedi Knight more and more powerful? I cant make him more powerful in the Force unfortunatly so new cloths is my only option.

How much more powerful do you need to be to take on content that is outside of a raid? What do you have any trouble at all defeating?

I'm still not in full hardmode gear and I walk around and laugh at everything on Makeb. Nothing even comes close to killing me. I have to solo the Heroic-2's just to take damage.

Well, Im not a raider. But I did point out one way to upgrade your gear that would be more than sufficient for the content you do, in fact, intend to be involved in. It also provides a suitable gate for entry into end game raiding content if you decide for that.

You can get level 56 comms from the Makeb vendor when you purchase the expansion. This gives you gear that is more than capable of handling any solo content in the game at end game. Not to mention it will be good enough to get you into entry level raids for makeb if you, again, decide to go that route in the future.

I understand what your saying but thats content that is filled in a day or two. Like you said you can but it as soon as you get to Makeb. Im not talking about having my toon be just barly good enough to do things solo im talking about having fun and rewarding content to do solo through the entire expansion.

I guess, like every other MMO developer, they believe if you don't raid you don't need endgame gear.

I've never been a fan of "gear progression" games, and sadly since you have to keep up with not only your gear, but your companions gear, this game is like 6X worse lol

I wonder who thought up turning MMO's into glorified fashion shows?

I understand what your saying but thats content that is filled in a day or two. Like you said you can but it as soon as you get to Makeb. Im not talking about having my toon be just barly good enough to do things solo im talking about having fun and rewarding content to do solo through the entire expansion.

What can't you solo in the expansion outside of stuff that's designated 4-man, which you should not be able to solo?

Edited by DarthTHC

How much more powerful do you need to be to take on content that is outside of a raid? What do you have any trouble at all defeating?

I'm still not in full hardmode gear and I walk around and laugh at everything on Makeb. Nothing even comes close to killing me. I have to solo the Heroic-2's just to take damage.

It's not about making my guy more powerful to complete quests (although that is always fun) its about the fact that new gear is the only form of character progression this game has and people shouldnt be Forced to raid to get it. Everyone wants to progress not just the small percent of people that are hardcore raiders.

....ok, you want to progress your toon. Raiding is not the way to do it, I understand you.

I actually suggested this long ago, and a friend of mine expanded on the idea. The idea of legacy levels...boosts that you get to your base stats from going up in legacy levels by gaining legacy points, but you can lose some or all of those points by dying.

Many different things can be done to gain legacy levels, and you level in that activity...open world questing and dailies boosts your general stats, crafting boosts your output and chance to get big results, etc.

What can't you solo in the expansion outside of stuff that's designated 4-man, which you should not be able to solo?

It's not about being able to solo content im talking about being able to continually progress my toon cause it's fun and I dont want to or have time to raid. Standing around the fleet watching general chat is not fullfilling endgame content.

You wish to play this expansion to the fullest, yet you want to ignore one of the major parts of the expansion? This part I am talking about of course is the Operation Scum and Villainy. Perfect sense and great logic you got there

....ok, you want to progress your toon. Raiding is not the way to do it, I understand you.

I actually suggested this long ago, and a friend of mine expanded on the idea. The idea of legacy levels...boosts that you get to your base stats from going up in legacy levels by gaining legacy points, but you can lose some or all of those points by dying.

Many different things can be done to gain legacy levels, and you level in that activity...open world questing and dailies boosts your general stats, crafting boosts your output and chance to get big results, etc.

That would be something at least.

You wish to play this expansion to the fullest, yet you want to ignore one of the major parts of the expansion? This part I am talking about of course is the Operation Scum and Villainy. Perfect sense and great logic you got there

In a giant online role playing game I should only have One thing to do at endgame to progress my toon?