Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cel Cawdro's Commentary on the "Community Desire for Species" Poll Results

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Cel Cawdro's Commentary on the "Community Desire for Species" Poll Results

mandoforlife
05.20.2013 , 01:02 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
A lot of people I've seen have been thinking the same thing - that the forward d****** Qui-gon hair, specifically, is seeing how people react to clipping in that particular area which would hint at a particular species that has a little "exotic biology" in that very same area.

Granted, that might be reading into a little much. At the very least, they're testing player toleration for clipping.
*cough*togruta*cough*

Though, like you said, it could be reading a bit too much into it.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

Izorii
05.20.2013 , 11:05 AM | #22
I heard it mentioned that one of the developers at the Dallas Meet & Greet let it slip that they're going to be looking very closely at the forums to see what direction they should go in for the next species.
We can only hope so. I just hope they add multiple new species. If they added the top 3 choices then I think most people would be happy yes someone will always want a Jawa or a Hutt or a specific species but the top 3 would *** more alien species which even if they are not my first choice would make me happy. Now I dont know why Cathar took a year to come out but I would have thought a new spcies could be added in a number of weeks not months its not like they had to re do conversations or quests or anything other than the graphics.

CelCawdro
05.20.2013 , 11:45 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Izorii View Post
We can only hope so. I just hope they add multiple new species. If they added the top 3 choices then I think most people would be happy yes someone will always want a Jawa or a Hutt or a specific species but the top 3 would *** more alien species which even if they are not my first choice would make me happy. Now I dont know why Cathar took a year to come out but I would have thought a new spcies could be added in a number of weeks not months its not like they had to re do conversations or quests or anything other than the graphics.
Personally, I would idealistically like to see a new species every two patches - so once every three months. And that's best-case scenario. My brother is in graphic design, and having following his work, I'm pretty confident in saying that art assets, particularly ones meant to interact with each other, are a lot more time consuming that voiceovers and quest design.

In any case, I think we can agree that a year is too long, simply because there is so much demand for a variety of new species, most of which would never see the light of day on a cycle that long.

Dzan
05.20.2013 , 12:21 PM | #24
Glad to see you pop in, Dzan!
Thanks,mate.I really enjoing reading your posts and also supporting them,so keep the good work and have fun inside the game

Dzan
05.20.2013 , 12:29 PM | #25
Also like Izorii's thoughts of the spieces subject.
P:S:Hope we will get future spieces faster than cathar.
P:P:S: Strange things, i am really not cathar fan, but i like how Bioware make them and i am enjoing leveling up my 2 Cathars so far

CelCawdro
05.20.2013 , 01:35 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Dzan View Post
Also like Izorii's thoughts of the spieces subject.
P:S:Hope we will get future spieces faster than cathar.
P:P:S: Strange things, i am really not cathar fan, but i like how Bioware make them and i am enjoing leveling up my 2 Cathars so far
Likewise. Not really a fan, but I did have an abandoned Sage that I'm trying to bring back to life by making him a Cathar. That being said, this is a one-time effort. I bought Cathar primarily to show my support for additional playable species, but I'm not going to be buying additional ones that I'm not fond of.

CelCawdro
05.20.2013 , 03:53 PM | #27
Well, I extended an invite to the community team to pop in and have a look. Here's hoping they take me up on it.

DaraniForces
05.22.2013 , 09:25 PM | #28
Nice thread and good suggestions. Thank you. I hope the right people read this ^^

by the way: I would gladly accept clipping issues if the togruta were playable. Clipping isses may be fixed later, like they improved the shadow quality or the details of the trees on voss some month ago. But we want to play the togruta now - That's the main thing ^^

Sorry for by bad english ..

MoobooMagoo
05.22.2013 , 11:49 PM | #29
Kel Dor aren't plausible because doing so would break lore.

Kel Dor have an inability to make morally grey decisions. Everything is black and white to them. If someone steals medicine for their sick grandfather who was also a war veteran, it doesn't matter because they broke the law and therefore need to be punished accordingly.

For an in game example, they wouldn't be able to participate in the conversation aboard the Esseles when determining whether or not you should kill the engineers. Doing so would be murder, which is illegal, so they would not be able to do it. Whether or not it is worth it is irrelevant to a Kel Dor.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kel_Dor
Under the heading 'Society and Culture'

Now that isn't to say there haven't been exceptions or that Kel Dor don't have their own personalities, it is just that their unique approach to morality doesn't work in a game like this with many morally grey decisions.
Explorer: 80% Achiever: 60% Killer: 47% Socializer: 13%

Daniel Erickson and the Amazing Technicolor Dream-Abs

waterboytkd
05.23.2013 , 01:06 AM | #30
Just throwing this out there as food for thought on the Voss: they could be a "death knight" type thing--a race you don't level, you just start at level 50 with them. Story wise, you arrive on the scene in time to do Makeb and everything that'll come after. You wouldn't earn titles specific to your class line (eg Wrath or Darth Imperious), but maybe you have a special Voss title people call you by. I don't know how much hell that could play with the story in later expansions, but future story could be written in a way to accommodate. Just an idea I had while giving my son a bath.