Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I hate Vengeance Juggernauts

AGSThomas
05.17.2013 , 12:29 PM | #1
Anyone else having a problem getting ROFFLEstomped by them? They have this stupid passive ability Unstoppable that lets them not be knocked back or controlled for 4 seconds every time they charge. In those 4 seconds they seem to be able to pour out enough damage to bring to half life or lower. I'm curious to see what other Commandos are doing to combat them.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

cashogy_reborn
05.17.2013 , 12:58 PM | #2
kite them for the 4s, and then knockback/stun
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

AGSThomas
05.17.2013 , 01:24 PM | #3
Do you pop your defense cooldown during those 4 seconds. I find when I'm kiting they are still hitting me with their hardest hitting abilities. Force Scream, Throw Saber, etc.
Med´vh - Deception Assassin (PvP DPS)
D´omedes - Vengeance Juggernaut (PvP DPS)
Server: 5 Prophecies

cashogy_reborn
05.17.2013 , 03:29 PM | #4
pop hold the line, strafe away from them. i dont usually pop my defensive cooldowns against a vengeance jugg; there are too many instances where you run into them and in the majority of situations you wont have your cooldowns. make ample use of kolto bomb in that situation too.

after 4s, if you want to fully disengage them hit them w/ stockstrike (root) and then immediately use conc charge. if you do it right you wont break the root, and you just bought yourself 3s of additional time to increase the gap. i do this when i want to run away from someone.
The King of Bads

Haggardbr
05.17.2013 , 03:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
kite them for the 4s, and then knockback/stun
Just let me add one thing here:

"kite them for the 4s, and then knockback/stun with electro net on them!"

There... they lose a bunch of HP and while you kite them with the net you can still do more damage.
Sarah'kerrÝgan Jhom KÚrrigan Jhota
Suarel

cashogy_reborn
05.17.2013 , 09:28 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggardbr View Post
Just let me add one thing here:

"kite them for the 4s, and then knockback/stun with electro net on them!"

There... they lose a bunch of HP and while you kite them with the net you can still do more damage.
imo you dont want to be wasting electronet on a DPSer. if you are totally alone and you need to win the fight (solo guarding perhaps, but commando should really be doing that anyways) then id say maybe use it.

you want electronet available for when youre bursting down a healer imo. stop that op from cloaking out/scampering away, or that sorc from using force run or force barrier.
The King of Bads

Lalainnia
05.18.2013 , 11:59 PM | #7
Can also cleanse the dots
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

CJNJ
05.19.2013 , 12:46 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lalainnia View Post
Can also cleanse the dots
It's the opener that OP having problem with. Best thing I can say is HtL and hope he doesn't push u after the cleanse is nice too, just gotta make sure u cleanse the not crappy dot

Helig
05.19.2013 , 03:01 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
imo you dont want to be wasting electronet on a DPSer. if you are totally alone and you need to win the fight (solo guarding perhaps, but commando should really be doing that anyways) then id say maybe use it.

you want electronet available for when youre bursting down a healer imo. stop that op from cloaking out/scampering away, or that sorc from using force run or force barrier.
B-but random warzones are not about coordinated teamplay! They're about isolated skirmishes, ambushes and random duels! You aren't supposed to save up your strongest mechanics to help your "team"! You're supposed to use them to kill that Warrior that thinks you're easy prey!

P.S. Only being half-ironic, because I'm guilty of that myself when I'm running pug warzoens my Commando. PuG people just rarely capitalize on the E-net advantage, even when timed reasonably well, and I find myself using it to smack down that geared cocky guy who comes at me hoping for an easy kill.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

cashogy_reborn
05.19.2013 , 03:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
B-but random warzones are not about coordinated teamplay! They're about isolated skirmishes, ambushes and random duels! You aren't supposed to save up your strongest mechanics to help your "team"! You're supposed to use them to kill that Warrior that thinks you're easy prey!

P.S. Only being half-ironic, because I'm guilty of that myself when I'm running pug warzoens my Commando. PuG people just rarely capitalize on the E-net advantage, even when timed reasonably well, and I find myself using it to smack down that geared cocky guy who comes at me hoping for an easy kill.
i will use it in 1v1ish fights where someone just wont leave me alone. ive kited a warrior around for a solid 2 minutes before, all the while attacking his teammates. he never once thought to maybe attack the guy healing me. its like being a commando makes warriors/knights see red; they assume youre just an easy kill and will pursue it at the cost of all objectives.

the downside to this is that this is the same kind of player who will make it his sole mission in life to stalk you if you beat him 1v1. i hate those kind of players :|
The King of Bads