Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gomerik's 2.0 Sharpshooter Guide [PvE]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
Gomerik's 2.0 Sharpshooter Guide [PvE]

SamuelAU
06.13.2013 , 09:49 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Not really, especially not for gunslingers. Go Sab/FD Hybrid and you do:

Frag grenade
Shock Charge
Vital Shot <- these are all done "on the run"
Take Cover, channel Wounding Shots, use Hightail it to get in front of the boss.
Flurry, Flurry <- while running further
Take Cover again, another Wounding Shots
<- repeat

If Hightail it isn't ready, you skip one Wounding Shots in your rotation and just refresh dots/flurry

Basically, if you play dot-specc, the key abilities are done on the run. That's why DF and Sab/DF Hybrid have the best ratio of how much of the dps they can do on the dummy, they can acutally transfer to a raid situation, when a lot of movement may be required...
You're right, but I woudn't say SS is inhibited by movment per se. Dash'roode is in my experience a bad fight for RDPS; I hate it personally and never put out great numbers.
Quote: Originally Posted by OMGitsCHARLIE View Post
Loving sharpshooter.

http://www.torparse.com/a/285942
Mostly 72 with some 69 (and two 63PVE armorings with PVP 2set bonus)
That's great to see, looks like you've nutted the spec out quite well.
Gomerik // Lumbridge
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

SweetsPatogga
06.14.2013 , 04:26 PM | #42
Very useful guide. Lots of information. Thank you for this.

The one question that immediately came time mind when I was reading it is that given what was said about the relatively uselessness of Alacrity, is it really worth spending 2 points on Black Market mods in the Dirty Fighting tree or might those 2 points be better spent somewhere else?

SamuelAU
06.14.2013 , 10:00 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetsPatogga View Post

The one question that immediately came time mind when I was reading it is that given what was said about the relatively uselessness of Alacrity, is it really worth spending 2 points on Black Market mods in the Dirty Fighting tree or might those 2 points be better spent somewhere else?
If you're speccing into Mortal Wounds, you have to take Black Market Mods. Even if you choose not to spec into mortal wounds I still think that you shouldn't squander alacrity, especially when technically it's a free 2%.
Gomerik // Lumbridge

greg_biochem
06.15.2013 , 06:49 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetsPatogga View Post

Myself and many others put at least those 2 points in Independent Anarchy for 10% increased Flyby damage. I personally use two Conqueror armorings for an extra tick on Flyby and actually put 3 points in Independent Anarchy.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#70...kRrfkzzZbIZb.3
Server: The Ebon Hawk
Red'october - Gunslinger

Sightx
06.18.2013 , 01:09 PM | #45
Heres is my opener tell me what you think. I pop fs> Illegal mods > power relic> ss> ts>bv > ss> ts rest is similar except the xs which I am def gonna plug in now but the reason I do this is I am able to get 2 speedshots and trickshots in before illegal mods and power relic buff goes off. Is this a good way of opening?

SamuelAU
06.19.2013 , 06:48 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Sightx View Post
Heres is my opener tell me what you think. I pop fs> Illegal mods > power relic> ss> ts>bv > ss> ts rest is similar except the xs which I am def gonna plug in now but the reason I do this is I am able to get 2 speedshots and trickshots in before illegal mods and power relic buff goes off. Is this a good way of opening?
If you're going to do XS straight after BV you want to save your illegal mods and relic for after your cast has finished. Your rotation would look like like FS -> SS -> TS -> BV -> XS -> Illegal Mods + Relic -> SS -> TS
Gomerik // Lumbridge

CoppertheBeagle
06.19.2013 , 02:07 PM | #47
Has any1 toyed with the beta version of the updated simulationcraft? That might help with the 2 set pvp boost vs 4 set pve. The one problem i saw was i couldn't get the simulations to even come close to my parses.

http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...downloads/list

the 2.00.4 version

SamuelAU
07.02.2013 , 10:20 PM | #48
Gomerik // Lumbridge