Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question of the Day 5/17/2013

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

05.17.2013 , 10:19 AM | #11
The very simple answer to this question is that none

05.17.2013 , 10:26 AM | #12
One, so far. I changed my mainís body from 1 to 2 to reflect the fact she started out as a skinny young padawan but is now a fully fledged, grown-up Jedi master. Seemed kinda fitting.

I also spent quite a while experimenting with the dye system and new gear to give her a whole new outfit. Iím proud of the result.

I declined to give her one of the new haircuts because of the cost. Ditto buying the Cathar unlock or revamping my other toons, or even playing about with the sliders except to see how much it would add up to when changing a few minor things.

I say this because I want to get away from the negativity thatís plaguing the board at the moment Ė and to demonstrate that the actual mechanics of the customisations patch are a success. Itís just the horrible implementation in terms of charging over the odds for whatís on offer that I object to.

TBH Ė when You said your other 3 chars changes were minor I immediately thought Ė ďThatís because you donít have any free coins left after buying CatharĒ
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

05.17.2013 , 10:45 AM | #13

05.17.2013 , 10:45 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JarenWelen View Post
None, again some might consider it a little bit insensitive given the widespread negative feelings that have gone unacknowledged on the forums. As always, not a dig at you personally, just saying it.
This. I love the QotD, and I suspect the lack of response to current hot topics on the forum may be out of the CM team's hands, but QotDs on those very topics is a little... hm. ^^;

On to the question itself -- I haven't made any changes yet. I spent a lot of time agonizing over my characters at creation, so I'm happy with them as they are. That may change as more options are made available (I only have one human character and he's certainly not in need of the new hairstyles or colors :P ). Also, as I progress with some of my lower-level characters, perhaps they'll gain scars or whatnot over time -- I certainly would have used that option with my Merc if it were possible earlier in the game.

What WOULD part me with some Coins is a range of new Miraluka "masks".
A thousand times this; offer one of the add-on packs with a double handful of new masks and I'll be at the Kiosk with my Juggernaut post-haste.
Ebon Hawk * The Thirteenth Legion * RP/Social/Casual
Kjara | Avidior | Mizret | Ysmena
Forging Fortune * Aviditas

05.17.2013 , 10:46 AM | #15
0 out 12 character because I disagree with it costing CC; so I won't support it.

05.17.2013 , 10:55 AM | #16
Zero. I did this magical thing called 'make them look how I wanted them when I created them.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

05.17.2013 , 10:57 AM | #17
2. The first one was my chiss but I can hardly call it a makeover, "two" new hair colours for 240 cc and the fee for implementing it. The other was cathar and that turned out horrible... nasty colour difference line between head and body. Can I have my coins back please?
õ The Male Eyecandy thread!

Game of Ixum @ TUMBLR

Toyboy | Splashy | Thrilldrill | Spray | Lustus | Zwallow | Virilo | Hotgun of Nano @ TOFN
Fappo Red Arcadia EU @ The Progenitor

05.17.2013 , 10:58 AM | #18
None, again some might consider it a little bit insensitive given the widespread negative feelings that have gone unacknowledged on the forums. As always, not a dig at you personally, just saying it.
I agree with this

05.17.2013 , 11:15 AM | #19
None. I will not pay CC to use the kiosk.

I can agree with monetizing race and name changes, but as a subscriber, regardless of stipend availability, I just can't accept paying additional real world value to change my haircut.
Vanguard... "I'm on point!"

05.17.2013 , 11:42 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
How many of your characters have you given a makeover since Game Update 2.1 went live on Tuesday?

Personal Answer: I think it is up to 3 characters. Besides changing my smuggler to a Cathar, the rest have been small tweaks like a new hair cut.
I'm guessing that as an employee, you get unlimited cartel coins to play with...

I get a total of 700 coins a month for my sub & security key, and I've gotten over 400 so far from achievements, but after looking at the prices at the appearance designer, I won't be spending any coins on makeovers. I spent enough time getting the looks I wanted for my characters when I made them.

Not gonna spend real money (not even "free" real money) making tweaks to them, or giving them ridiculous clown-color hair (for which I'd get charged twice: once for the hair pack from the cartel market, and then again at the appearance designer to actually apply it).