Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JamesDeuce's Avatar


JamesDeuce
05.20.2013 , 09:32 AM | #41
Also, fix the juggernaut conquer shield generator, you can't purchase it...it was like this on the PTS too.

Unbelievable that it's not fixed yet.

Lostpenguins's Avatar


Lostpenguins
05.20.2013 , 09:46 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!


~Amber
Can we exact clarification:
1 - When you say "type" you mean that that these are the different types:
Proc Power
Proc Damage
Proc Defense

Those are 3 different types, so if you have a Proc Power and a Proc Damage, then they shouldn't interfere with each other, at all, correct? So, essentially you could have one attack proc both your power and your damage relics.

2 - The on-proc damage relic also states that it gives a 4.5 second global lock-down. But this should only affects other "on-proc damage" relics as well right? I don't want a on-proc power causing the 4.5 window on my on-proc and I don't want the on-proc damage causing a window on my on-proc power.

3 - Currently your pvp ones can proc from both healing and damaging, individually. I want assurances that the power surge gained will trigger a 20 second cooldown, entirely, on any more power surges (through healing and/or damage), not just on each one. That way you can't get 2 surges active on one relic (Snipers and Ann Marauders can do this with ease).

I just want this spelled out because I don't like assuming you guys are on the same page with us and then come the patch that releases the "fix", it doesn't really fix it the way we assumed it would be and you guys come back and say it's now "wording as intended" and we were wrong to assume otherwise.

SithEBM's Avatar


SithEBM
05.20.2013 , 09:48 AM | #43
So glad I purchased both relics yesterday because I can't return them now.

Battyone's Avatar


Battyone
05.20.2013 , 09:50 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
So glad I purchased both relics yesterday because I can't return them now.
Did you really not see it coming?
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!

Ashuranrx's Avatar


Ashuranrx
05.20.2013 , 09:51 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelaias View Post
So it will be even tougher to deal with healers. Is that something you plan on dealing with in 2.1.1?
No, it won't be. Healers got crazy burst healing right now from power relic proc stacking too. Eliminating power relic proc stacking, or better yet, eliminating relic procs altogether, will give us a better picture if healers are indeed too powerful right now, or if it is power relic proc stacking made them scale way too good.

In general, power scale better with healing than damage because healers don't have to worry about healing missing. So they can invest more in surge and alacrity, which scale better with power.

Korse's Avatar


Korse
05.20.2013 , 09:51 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
So glad I purchased both relics yesterday because I can't return them now.
GG basing your gear decisions on obvious bugs?
Characters
Spoiler

SithEBM's Avatar


SithEBM
05.20.2013 , 09:54 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Korse View Post
GG basing your gear decisions on obvious bugs?
They never said it was a bug(At first). Maybe if they would communicate more efficiently, then people wouldn't have wasted their commendations.

Jorojus's Avatar


Jorojus
05.20.2013 , 09:54 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
Hi there folks,

Relics procs of the same type shouldn't stack, and we have this bug fixed for Game Update 2.1.1. Because the fix is still in testing, there's always the chance that it will be moved to a different patch. If so, I'll be sure to let you know!


~Amber
Someone from Bioware on the PVP forums.

/like like like
The Progenitor
Shin'ju - Operative / Kor'n - Juggernaut / Lissa'nana - Sith sorcerer
Booya - Powertech Moderated swtor forum opening in 2014.
Wea_relegion_swtor

SithEBM's Avatar


SithEBM
05.20.2013 , 09:56 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Battyone View Post
Did you really not see it coming?
Nope. They never stated it was a bug, and they never mentioned plans to have relics like the EWH where there were flat relics. This game is slowly killing itself.

Battyone's Avatar


Battyone
05.20.2013 , 09:58 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by SithEBM View Post
Nope. They never stated it was a bug, and they never mentioned plans to have relics like the EWH where there were flat relics. This game is slowly killing itself.
When else have two relics with the same suffix ever stacked? Why would it not work with Partisan/Arkhanian or Conq/Campaign with the same suffix? This was, at least to me, an obvious bug. X relic of Y and Z relic of Y don't stack in any other circumstance in this game. Glad I just got the two different relics that have good synergy for my class.
Amistar Nelmarra -- 55 Sage, Ebon Hawk <The Azure Blades>
I stream my bad gameplay.
Come watch the Fat Man rageth on Twitch!