Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NogueiraA
05.17.2013 , 01:57 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
how would this be a PvE nerf? we are talking about PvP relics.....
I know, since launch PVP relics is ALWAYS better, forcing PVE players to play PVP.
Now you want to change it, when it's worth for both pve and pvp.
These relics means better heals and dps on raids, and PVE will be affected one more time because of pvp whine.
My point it's not the relics, my point is PVE being screwed because of pvp nerfs.
Every player can buy these relics, so it's fair with everybody playing.

I'm still learning english, though.

Technohic
05.17.2013 , 02:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
I know, since launch PVP relics is ALWAYS better, forcing PVE players to play PVP.
Now you want to change it, when it's worth for both pve and pvp.
These relics means better heals and dps on raids, and PVE will be affected one more time because of pvp whine.
My point it's not the relics, my point is PVE being screwed because of pvp nerfs.
Every player can buy these relics, so it's fair with everybody playing.

I'm still learning english, though.
Sounds like your problem is more with PvE relics not being good enough. These are PvP relics so it probably should be balanced around PvP; wouldn't you think?
Technohic - Sniper | Techno-Hic - Gunslinger | Cihonhcet - Scoundrel
Karnrage - Assassin | Egarnrak - Sage
Techen - Merc | Nehcet - Vanguard | Carnrage - Marauder | Egarnrac - Guardian
POT5

NogueiraA
05.17.2013 , 02:08 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Sounds like your problem is more with PvE relics not being good enough. These are PvP relics so it probably should be balanced around PvP; wouldn't you think?
It's the best idea but you all know, it's Bioware. Doing retard things since Beta.

adiwantinova
05.17.2013 , 02:25 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
I think what people are truly advocating are removing both procs and on-use, making it a passive stat instead.
I'm on board with this.

Arguments against rng luck & when the proc is "wasted" are woes of every class. As a healer, my procs go off every 20s b/c my bubble does a healing tick every second. I'm not always channeling a large heal to land when both procs are up.

I imagine the same applies for DPS that apply dots, etc.

In general, I think most people want to itemize & know what their effort will produce in a WZ. One of the complaints about the "mystery" of bolster.
ADI-WAN TINOVA
< Remnants of the Jedi >
Adi-Wan, Sentinel | Theresee, Sage | Kahlvin, Guardian
POT5, by way of The Shadowlands

Coriantum
05.18.2013 , 06:52 PM | #25
that isnt why the were removed. the clicky buff relics were removed b/c they provided too much of a boost. if your opponent used one and either you didnt or yours was on cd, you were fkd. the same applies here; if your proc doesnt go off and your opponent's does, theyve got a huge advantage.

not to mention these relics are bugged and healing and damage are separate procs; it is possible to get 4 separate procs from 2 relics for ~1600 power.
Please learn what the relics do before posting all kinds of nonsense on the forums about what you think they do. It's possible to get the power increase 4x yes, one proc from each relic for healing and one proc for dmg from both relics.

HOWEVER, when they reproc, the power you gained just lasts longer, so your conq relic buff of +435 power lasts for 6-12 seconds (based on when it proc'd, it could only be 7 seconds if it double procs one second after the first). You never get close to 1600 power off of both relics alone. the most you get is 845 power.

SomeJagoff
05.18.2013 , 06:59 PM | #26
agreed, remove proc relics and give us flat bonuses again.

clicky buff relics were removed for the exact same reason that these RNG proc relics should be removed
Quoted For Truth.
Lightsabers, Force Choke, Force Lightning, Jedi Mind Tricks, what else could you want from an MMO? There may be other MMOs out there, but do they have Lightsabers?....Do They?

Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

cashogy_reborn
05.18.2013 , 07:08 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Coriantum View Post
Please learn what the relics do before posting all kinds of nonsense on the forums about what you think they do. It's possible to get the power increase 4x yes, one proc from each relic for healing and one proc for dmg from both relics.

HOWEVER, when they reproc, the power you gained just lasts longer, so your conq relic buff of +435 power lasts for 6-12 seconds (based on when it proc'd, it could only be 7 seconds if it double procs one second after the first). You never get close to 1600 power off of both relics alone. the most you get is 845 power.
perhaps im wrong, i havent tested it for myself. i have seen several folks post that the relic do actually stack 4x power, and dont just increase duration. however, that is neither here nor there.

the RNG proc relics need to go, and we need the flat bonus relics back.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Ashuranrx
05.20.2013 , 06:45 AM | #28
Bump for greater balance!

stephenalandavie
05.20.2013 , 06:50 AM | #29
Apart from snipers i dont see the issue with it not being fair? Especially when we all have access to the relics.

That being said they should share cooldowns as standard

Ashuranrx
05.20.2013 , 08:30 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Apart from snipers i dont see the issue with it not being fair? Especially when we all have access to the relics.

That being said they should share cooldowns as standard
This doesn't make sense. Are you saying that it is ok for Snipers to be not fair? Since it is fair for everyone except Snipers? If so, then you know that there is an imbalance and you are OK with it?

If this was truely OK, then people would not have complain on the forum about being smashed with 9k+ and get bursted down in a few GCD; and people would not have complain about healers being OP with bursty heals and negate the DPS thrown at them. All these complaints on bursty damage and heals are caused by power relic procs, not by the classes that dealt the damage and healed. Better balance cannot be acheived with drastic variables like these messing the system with RNGs.