Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dcgregorya
05.17.2013 , 11:58 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
agreed, remove proc relics and give us flat bonuses again.

clicky buff relics were removed for the exact same reason that these RNG proc relics should be removed
/signed

CBRGhostRider
05.17.2013 , 12:00 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
If all three builds in the trinity of MMO types (tank healer and DPS) all have double stacked buffs, isn't it a wash if you remove it?

Healing, tanking, and DPS all proportionately drop at the same rate, making the experience exactly the same?
Except power does not do squat for your defensive stats, so as tanks we get shafted. Sure you can stack defense relics, but defense has a severe DR, therefore dps/heal gain more out of stacking power than we do from stacking defense. Don't know about absorb, but all my tanky stats have taken a big hit at 55.

I wish power functioned similarly for tanks, as it does for dps and heals. i.e. while in tank stance, power should increase the defense/absorb/shield stats instead. After all almost every augment I use has power, and I'd much rather make my tank more tanky than add a bit of dps.
Spoiler

foxmob
05.17.2013 , 12:04 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by adiwantinova View Post
If all three builds in the trinity of MMO types (tank healer and DPS) all have double stacked buffs, isn't it a wash if you remove it?

Healing, tanking, and DPS all proportionately drop at the same rate, making the experience exactly the same?
no. it has to do with when the procs occur. in other words, when the spikes in dmg and mitigation take place. if your tank procs mitigation buff when my dps hasn't proc'd his power buff, the tank's proc is relatively wasted. meanwhile, if you invert that scenario and my dps procs produce a spike in dmg while your tank's relics DON'T proc, that tank is suddenly screwed.

as a tank, dps or healer, I would rather have activated relics over rng. at least then I could respond to a dpser's "proc" with one of my own. the way it is now, you just have to eat it and hop RNG is on your side.

edit: incidentally, this is also the complaint ppl have about auto crit abils, especially now that base crit is down 15-20%. crit RNG. if I crit 2 mauls in a row, your in deep poopy troops. but baseline crit is down across the board, so that's not much of a concern these days. factor in mr. auto crit and...well...you may not agree with the QQ, but I think it's understandable.
Krackerjack/Deinon/Antiphon
JC -- Harb -- TEH

RyanReagan
05.17.2013 , 12:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
no. it has to do with when the procs occur. in other words, when the spikes in dmg and mitigation take place. if your tank procs mitigation buff when my dps hasn't proc'd his power buff, the tank's proc is relatively wasted. meanwhile, if you invert that scenario and my dps procs produce a spike in dmg while your tank's relics DON'T proc, that tank is suddenly screwed.

as a tank, dps or healer, I would rather have activated relics over rng. at least then I could respond to a dpser's "proc" with one of my own. the way it is now, you just have to eat it and hop RNG is on your side.

edit: incidentally, this is also the complaint ppl have about auto crit abils, especially now that base crit is down 15-20%. crit RNG. if I crit 2 mauls in a row, your in deep poopy troops. but baseline crit is down across the board, so that's not much of a concern these days. factor in mr. auto crit and...well...you may not agree with the QQ, but I think it's understandable.
yes but apparently on-use relics were too hard for people to use in PvP so bioware took them out of the game....

really....
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

Pheros
05.17.2013 , 12:30 PM | #15
I think what people are truly advocating are removing both procs and on-use, making it a passive stat instead.

cashogy_reborn
05.17.2013 , 12:32 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
yes but apparently on-use relics were too hard for people to use in PvP so bioware took them out of the game....

really....
that isnt why the were removed. the clicky buff relics were removed b/c they provided too much of a boost. if your opponent used one and either you didnt or yours was on cd, you were fkd. the same applies here; if your proc doesnt go off and your opponent's does, theyve got a huge advantage.

not to mention these relics are bugged and healing and damage are separate procs; it is possible to get 4 separate procs from 2 relics for ~1600 power.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Anishor
05.17.2013 , 12:44 PM | #17
that isnt why the were removed. the clicky buff relics were removed b/c they provided too much of a boost. if your opponent used one and either you didnt or yours was on cd, you were fkd. the same applies here; if your proc doesnt go off and your opponent's does, theyve got a huge advantage.

not to mention these relics are bugged and healing and damage are separate procs; it is possible to get 4 separate procs from 2 relics for ~1600 power.
Yep, lovely to see a person with 4 procs on at once, hopefully I ahve a force push up.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Ashuranrx
05.17.2013 , 01:24 PM | #18
Wow, I didn't know about that. That explained what I saw the other day: a Sniper KO'ed someone in what looked like 100% to 0% in 10s. Vital Regulators self heal double proc the power relics, and damage double proc the power relics, and BAM! Godlike damage for a short instance with quadrible power relic procs.

People have been crying nerfs at the wrong things. PvP power relics are the ones that need fixing and adjusting.

NogueiraA
05.17.2013 , 01:26 PM | #19
Once everybody can use it I see no problems here.
There's other things stacking at the same time, not only the relics.

And stop PVE nerf because of PVP whines.

cashogy_reborn
05.17.2013 , 01:28 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Once everybody can use it I see no problems here.
There's other things stacking at the same time, not only the relics.

And stop PVE nerf because of PVP whines.
how would this be a PvE nerf? we are talking about PvP relics.....
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads