Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, please fix Partisan and Conquer power relic proc stacking.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KhalDrogoe
05.30.2013 , 11:14 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashuranrx View Post
No, it won't be. Healers got crazy burst healing right now from power relic proc stacking too. Eliminating power relic proc stacking, or better yet, eliminating relic procs altogether, will give us a better picture if healers are indeed too powerful right now, or if it is power relic proc stacking made them scale way too good.

In general, power scale better with healing than damage because healers don't have to worry about healing missing. So they can invest more in surge and alacrity, which scale better with power.
It's not the healers that are OP, it's DPS that can taunt/guard...

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

Kirothen
05.30.2013 , 12:36 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Lostpenguins View Post
Okay... seriously, the patch came out and still we don't have any clarification on this. All I see in the patch notes is this:
However, as a Anni Marauder spec I can both DPS and Heal at the same time. Currently I'm only using one PvP Relic and one PvE Relic that both provide power surge. Before this patch I was seeing 2 power surges on my character at the same time.

Nothing... I repeat... NOTHING in this patch note says that there's any change for me since I did not stack 2 PvP relics.

I'm actually a bit frustrated that you guys cannot simply come out and say the exact mechanics of what should happen here since your patch note is sorely missing detailed information.

1) Does this mean a PvE and a PvP Relic that both provide Power Surge can stack?
2) Does this mean that the PvP Relics still provide a healing proc and damage proc Power Surge that's independent so a user can get both to proc and get double Power Surge?
3) Does the Power Surge proc continue to interfere with the 4.5 sec ICD of the Relics that proc damage (Like Serendipitous Assault)?

Can we get some detailed answers to these questions please?
Bump again for clarification! Any additional information to provide devs?
Watchman Sentinel at heart
Converted Smash Monkey in denial

Jedi Covenant

Vikassi
05.30.2013 , 01:14 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirothen View Post
Bump again for clarification! Any additional information to provide devs?
I would create a new thread with your information, it will just get lost in this thread .. you bring up some very relevant points, especially about the pvp / pve relic statcking.

Lostpenguins
05.30.2013 , 02:29 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by Vikassi View Post
I would create a new thread with your information, it will just get lost in this thread .. you bring up some very relevant points, especially about the pvp / pve relic statcking.
They say the read almost every thread and this one has a dev response in it so I figure that's even more of a reason. My guess they're not responding is because they're waiting on answers from the actual development team to give them a real answer. Who knows why the developers can't answer this question, but it would be nice to know that this message has been received and given over to the programmers to investigate and get a detailed response...

Spouw
06.14.2013 , 01:43 PM | #145
Ok, so that clarifies alot to me.
Doing pvp warzones, i happened to cross a specific player who was doing an insane amount of damage and could get healed almost instantly with no healer around. This guy would simply not die vs. 2x gunnery commando's in 69 and 72 gear. So my guildmate and i were watching him, apart from having an insane amount of different buffs (4 rows of buffs) we saw 2x power surge buff popping in at times.

He was doing 20k damage in 4secs by just using 4 instant skills. This means that as far as i see it, this "bugg" has not yet been resolved, unless the player i was up against had a way of bypassing that or exploiting some other loophole.

stephenalandavie
06.14.2013 , 03:46 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by Spouw View Post
Ok, so that clarifies alot to me.
Doing pvp warzones, i happened to cross a specific player who was doing an insane amount of damage and could get healed almost instantly with no healer around. This guy would simply not die vs. 2x gunnery commando's in 69 and 72 gear. So my guildmate and i were watching him, apart from having an insane amount of different buffs (4 rows of buffs) we saw 2x power surge buff popping in at times.

He was doing 20k damage in 4secs by just using 4 instant skills. This means that as far as i see it, this "bugg" has not yet been resolved, unless the player i was up against had a way of bypassing that or exploiting some other loophole.
This has been fixed already
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

Brunner_Venda
06.14.2013 , 05:01 PM | #147
Any word on whether they intend to fix the power and damage proc relics from interfering with one another?

Yeah, BW fixed the double power stacking, but they broke something else :-/

Cindarstorm
06.14.2013 , 07:17 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Brunner_Venda View Post
Any word on whether they intend to fix the power and damage proc relics from interfering with one another?

Yeah, BW fixed the double power stacking, but they broke something else :-/
They have actually posted saying this is working as intended. I will refrain from personal insults toward the guy who intended thusly.
Mellisan, Kali'noir
<Remnants of the Jedi>