Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So.. Account Wide Datacrons

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Khevar
05.28.2013 , 03:52 PM | #331
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
No. Just pointing out that there are different reasons for seeing legacy wide datacron unlocks as different than certain other unlocks, and that the most common is the "I want this so I should be able to have it, but I don't want that."
I had been a bit uncertain about the point you were trying to make, until I suddenly saw this happen in full force on another thread.

Arlon_Nabarlly is arguing against auto-scaling training dummies on one's ship, a feature that used to be in the game, but now isn't (as of 2.0). And yet, right in his signature, he is promoting the Legacy Datacrons.

So I'm beginning to see your point. He is saying: "I want this thing, but you can't have that thing."

LostInReverie
05.28.2013 , 03:53 PM | #332
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Um, I would love you forever if you implement this and soon.
THE CALLISTO LEGACY (JC)
THE SOLARIS LEGACY (EH)

SenseX
12.11.2013 , 04:42 AM | #333
Necro FTW!

Came back to the game after quitting about a year ago and been playing again for a while now. It's good to see that about 50% of the stuff that made me quit in the first place has been fixed.

Unfortunately, a quick search showed that this is still broken and Datacrons are still not Legacy wide...

Oh and before I forget: Nerf Operatives! j/k

Seireeni
12.11.2013 , 08:24 AM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
They just did! (They just nerfed the dps ones, really, not the healing ones.)

Welcome back and yes, datacrons are still not account wide. This thread is also about it.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - And a few other servers too - The Firslay Legacy

gorstram
12.11.2013 , 10:03 AM | #335
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
Necro FTW!

Came back to the game after quitting about a year ago and been playing again for a while now. It's good to see that about 50% of the stuff that made me quit in the first place has been fixed.

Unfortunately, a quick search showed that this is still broken and Datacrons are still not Legacy wide...

Feed this thread some brains! Finally a necro used for good. THank you SenseX for responsibly bumping this thread.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Callaron
12.11.2013 , 10:07 AM | #336
Quote: Originally Posted by gorstram View Post
Feed this thread some brains! Finally a necro used for good. THank you SenseX for responsibly bumping this thread.
Agreed! It's nice to see a positive necro for once.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Rhyft
12.11.2013 , 01:16 PM | #337
Agreed. There have been some good suggestions in this thread regarding how to implement as well. I really hate that we haven't seen any legacy development/content since collections.
Rhyft - 55 Shadow Tank - Vertere - The Bastion

The Portal Legacy

TUXs
12.11.2013 , 01:21 PM | #338
Quote: Originally Posted by JesseSky View Post
We would really like to allow players to unlock datacrons at the Legacy level, and it's pretty high on my personal wishlist. We're still investigating the technical feasibility, so I can't make any promises.

Cool! I can't wait
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Ratajack
12.11.2013 , 01:35 PM | #339
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Cool! I can't wait
Given the date of that statement and the lack of anything further from the devs, you may be waiting a VERY long time.

I for one hope that they never cave to the "entitled, have to have it now and for as little effort as possible" crowd on this issue.

DarthTHC
12.11.2013 , 02:05 PM | #340
Quote: Originally Posted by Ratajack View Post
Given the date of that statement and the lack of anything further from the devs, you may be waiting a VERY long time.

I for one hope that they never cave to the "entitled, have to have it now and for as little effort as possible" crowd on this issue.
Exactly as you say. Because if there's one thing a game needs, it's more repetition and tedium. That'll make it wildly successful!