Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So, at 400 Slicing...

Johnmedgla
12.21.2011 , 03:36 AM | #1
The highest quality missions available have 'Abundant' yield at best (really, moderate pops up a lot too), which 10 times out of 10 thus far have resulted in small white grade 6 lock boxes containing less than the cost of the mission itself. It's actually more profitable to run the previous tier of missions. Surely this can't be right, or am I overlooking something?

Dignam
12.21.2011 , 03:43 AM | #2
I noticed this too. Once i hit 400 and rant he 49-50 missions the money stopped flowing and started trickling. There are almost never high yield missions.

Tinno
12.21.2011 , 03:57 AM | #3
I haven't seen a single high yield mission in the 49-50 area, I've got a single wealthy yield from a mission I unlocked myself, but that was gone after that one mission (are they supposed to never be usable again after you do them once?).

Kokkos
12.21.2011 , 04:44 AM | #4
i was just shy of 400 before i went on vacation, was hoping i would get more profit out of the highest lvl missions after i hit 400 but apparently not.. For pure money its probably better to higher yield ones from the tier below i would guess.
Speed before safety!

Tinno
12.21.2011 , 06:41 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Kokkos View Post
i was just shy of 400 before i went on vacation, was hoping i would get more profit out of the highest lvl missions after i hit 400 but apparently not.. For pure money its probably better to higher yield ones from the tier below i would guess.
Unless you get mission discoveries, there's no point really in doing the 49-50 missions, they yield less than the earlier ones. I might even think high yield two tiers down might still yield better than the 49-50 ones.

Daellia
12.21.2011 , 06:47 AM | #6
My basic rule of thumb is that if you can gain at least 1 tier of yield per tier of mission levels you go down, it's worth doing so. I also never run Moderates, and I avoid Abundants when possible. Thus I prefer the following, in descending order of preference:

Rich 6
Rich 5
Bountiful 6
Rich 4
Bountiful 5
Abundant 6
Rich 3
Bountiful 4
Abundant 5

I've never yet had to go off the end of that list, and I'm making an average of 25-30k per hour at level 37 with questing and slicing nodes factored in.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Slaign
12.21.2011 , 06:50 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
My basic rule of thumb is that if you can gain at least 1 tier of yield per tier of mission levels you go down, it's worth doing so. I also never run Moderates, and I avoid Abundants when possible. Thus I prefer the following, in descending order of preference:

Rich 6
Rich 5
Bountiful 6
Rich 4
Bountiful 5
Abundant 6
Rich 3
Bountiful 4
Abundant 5

I've never yet had to go off the end of that list, and I'm making an average of 25-30k per hour at level 37 with questing and slicing nodes factored in.
An interesting tactic, I'll keep it in mind, thanks.

Tinno
12.21.2011 , 07:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post

Rich 6
Rich 5
Bountiful 6
Rich 4
Bountiful 5
Abundant 6
Rich 3
Bountiful 4
Abundant 5

Do you actually get rich 6 and bountiful 6? because I don't, ever...

Daellia
12.21.2011 , 07:42 AM | #9
Quote:
Do you actually get rich 6 and bountiful 6? because I don't, ever...
No, they are there really just for reference. 400 skill isn't high enough to allow Rich or Bountiful missions, so I rarely if ever do level 6 missions. Most of my cash comes from level 4 and 5's.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

ebilwon
12.21.2011 , 08:07 AM | #10
How long do those missions take at that tier? 30min?