Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why did Jeff Hickman lie to subscribers about the future of the game?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

hobrogaming's Avatar


hobrogaming
05.16.2013 , 05:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Having a change in plans is not a bait and switch.
Ya I know when they say something and change it regardless of how much they promote or promise it will always just be a "change in plans" I already know your script.
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

DesmoLegacy's Avatar


DesmoLegacy
05.16.2013 , 05:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
There was no contract in this case.

But keep the personal attacks coming, it is really helping you make your point.
You maintain your subscription based on information they tell you. (example: free updates for subscribers)

Do you even comprehend what you read?
Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Operative
Dain'ese - 50 Juggernaut | Ducatisti - 50 Sniper
D'ucati - 50 Sentinel | Duc'ati - 50 Sage | Enduro - 50 Vanguard

Nagadeath's Avatar


Nagadeath
05.16.2013 , 05:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Having a change in plans is not a bait and switch.
it is when you are selling a product and people have already payed for it.

ryniloym's Avatar


ryniloym
05.16.2013 , 05:42 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Most of them do, just look at how many are advocating it. leave them to it i say.
i never said it was okay. i have no stake in the CM so I don't personally care. Yeah I thinks it's a raw deal they're feeding the people who indulge in the CM but they keep choosing to use it so why shouldn't bioware take advantage of them? "Live like a guppy, get eaten by a shark."


I just invented that.

JediArchives's Avatar


JediArchives
05.16.2013 , 05:42 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
So, you are just angry and now you are attacking me as well as Bioware, but you really have no argument to make because deep down you know you are wrong.
I think he already made his argument. You compared running a business with a million customers to making a promise to your mommy...lol. You need a reality check.
Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
- T Paine

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
05.16.2013 , 05:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by DesmoLegacy View Post
You maintain your subscription based on information they tell you. (example: free updates for subscribers)

Do you even comprehend what you read?
All the updates have been free for subscribers.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

DesmoLegacy's Avatar


DesmoLegacy
05.16.2013 , 05:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JediArchives View Post
I think he already made his argument. You compared running a business with a million customers to making a promise to your mommy...lol. You need a reality check.
^^

For true
Ducatii - 50 Marauder | Ducatista - 50 Operative
Dain'ese - 50 Juggernaut | Ducatisti - 50 Sniper
D'ucati - 50 Sentinel | Duc'ati - 50 Sage | Enduro - 50 Vanguard

hobrogaming's Avatar


hobrogaming
05.16.2013 , 05:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
Most of them do, just look at how many are advocating it. leave them to it i say. What does it matter if you cant trust a word they say, its all good right... right ?
Ya I really dont care about them. They already destroyed this game and further drive the nails. You can thank them personally for having this game go from 2.5 mil subs to under 500k in a year, biggest loss of subs/revenue in MMO history.
No, I was not surgically removed from Churb's side. Stop asking me that.

ryniloym's Avatar


ryniloym
05.16.2013 , 05:45 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
biggest loss of subs/revenue in MMO history.
Good thing the CM keeps reeling people in then, eh?

Icebergy's Avatar


Icebergy
05.16.2013 , 05:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by hobrogaming View Post
Ya I really dont care about them. They already destroyed this game and further drive the nails. You can thank them personally for having this game go from 2.5 mil subs to under 500k in a year, biggest loss of subs/revenue in MMO history.
WoW has lost over 4million subscribers in the last couple years. Exaggeration doesn't make you right.
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant